Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Change of Hands

Hazel Zanteres

The Angel/Devil on your Shoulder
For those that aren't aware, and/or aren't on our discord channel, Bethany Kismet's writer has made the decision to shelve the character, along with others. Which means that she'll be stepping down as FO for the faction. Below is the message she put up in the chat that sums up the situation.

Many of you know that I've been struggling with writing Beth for some time now. After a lot of thought and introspection, I've decided that the mental baggage of all of my transferred characters, including Beth, is making them simply not fun to write, and the efforts I am making with them have become a chore, rather than a source of fun and entertainment. This is a me problem, not a Chaos problem, and I will be focusing on unique, new to Chaos characters moving forward. What this means for OSL is that I am going to be stepping back. ShadowClaw(Hazel) will be taking the reigns as FO, and the faction will be dropping down to Minor status for a number of reasons- this will protect it from Invasions, and allow the focus to remain on character interactions and stories that are driven by the desires of the players, rather than those that end up with folks just slogging through it because it's 'necessary.' It has been a delight to write with all of you, and I hope to continue to do so in the future, simply with other faces! My apologies to people who are in threads with Bethany- I understand any frustration with my decision here, but this is necessary for me to keep enjoying this hobby, rather than it becoming a chore, which, unfortunately, writing her has become for a variety of reasons. Thank you all, for your enthusiasm, excellent writing, and friendly atmosphere. As I said, I will look forward to writing with every one of you in the future with other faces.

Hazel Zanteres

The Angel/Devil on your Shoulder
[member="Arisa Yune"]

To keep it going in general, just to a lesser degree than before. As Bethany had said, despite what's happened we want to keep it going so those with character's and stories attached to the faction can still continue doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom