Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A challenge of the Ages. (Voracitos)

Lord Depravious stood in the middle of the temple watching out as all of the neophytes and all of the acolytes trained with each other and of course, against each other. They all seemed to want to best the others next to them, which was of course a natural desire seeing as how they wanted to be noticed and be taken by a master over the others around them, so Lord Depravious understood their frustration when they lost to another of their peers, or were bested by another peer in something. They were all so young though, never showed respect to elders or their brothers and sisters around them. They were all students and children of the darkside, meaning they were all family in some-way to each other, and should be respected in such a way.

Lord Depravious himself, however, had just recently issued a challenge to the Lord of Gluttony, Darth Voracitos. He respected the man, and thus would honor him with a face to face duel for the title of Sith Lord in the Empire. Lord Depravious saw him as unfit for the position and himself as fit for the position, it was time to remove the mobile throne out from under the man.. The issue decreed that the winner of the duel take the title of Sith Lord. Lord Depravious had prepared himself for defeat long before, but now all that lay upon his mind was victory. Mindset was half the battle, if you thought of nothing but winning and envisioned yourself in winning you would know nothing else but victory until the last breath left your body.

And so he sat in the middle of the arena of which he had said the challenge would take place, his robes slid across the floor as he began to walk across the floor.. He would avenge his brothers and sisters, and would bring honor and glory to the Sith Empire once more but first he must take out weak links to the Empire. Of which he saw Voracitos as, he had nothing personal against the man, the man did not attempt to kill him in anyway or disgrace him in any way.. Simply that he did not believe Voracitos to be fit for the title that he bore so lavishly..

Something else that worked out in the advantage of Lord Depravious was his experience in challenges. He knew challenges were a different beast and animal all together than fighting in wars or in battle zones.. He had been on the challengers end, and the recipients end of it. He knew exactly what challenges consisted of, and how to fight in them. Does this mean that he has an advantage over Voracitos? Perhaps, perhaps the advantage wouldn't mean anything in the end, or perhaps Voracitos has just as much or more experience then Lord Depravious. This he did not know, all that he knew is that it was time to progress the Sith Empire. Stagnant spots would be removed, something that Voracitos had become in Shaidin's eyes for quite some time now. The Sith are an ever moving people, should they stop they become extinct.

The sand in the arena was almost choking to Depravious and all who entered, it swirled around from the wind that escaped the barren desert that was Korriban into the temple. The subtle hints of Darkside swirled with the aura of Lord Depravious and all those who accepted the Darkside of the force into their being as well. It loved the presence of powerful darksiders and loved oppressing those who could not bare the overwhelming power of it. Inside the arena a mustiness also filled the noses of all who entered, it was as if this ceremonial chamber had not been used in quite some time, also a sign of the stagnation that Lord Depravious felt would bring the Empire down. Shadows in the room around all who entered seemed to dance at the possible sight of bloodshed and the powers that swirled within the many masters that walked the halls of the Sith Order, the only problem was.. Would Darth Voracitos show?

@[member="Lord Depravious"]

The answer was yes.

Within the Chambers of the Dark Council the corpulent Lord unsurprisingly sat upon his own Throne, as he listened to the idiots bicker and bark at one another. The fat man rubbed the sides of his temple's in sheer boredom. Sure he was planning and ensuring that the Empire remained safe and guarded from this unknown and rather (in his arrogant opinion at least) ridiculous 'threat' to the Empire. He wanted just to shout out and just tell them to bomb the whole area in E.M.P.'s. Boom! Problem solved. Sure trillions of credits in electronic damage would be the consequence, but if this thing was allowed to spread again, and any greater than what it had been, the consequences would be even greater. At least they were bickering and barking at one another with sensibility rather than the usual Sith nonsense that lower Sith positively stank of.

He groaned fairly loudly, but the Dark Council was fairly used to his sounds at this point. They promptly ignored him, something uncommon that normally would have set him off, but today, he was just utterly bored. That's when one of his slaves came rushing to his side. Quickly from the boredom he found something interesting to maim.

"My Lord!" He almost tripped. Voracitos groaned, with a hand to his face. His hand gripped his Throne tighter. "My Lord! Darth Voracit-" He interrupted him with a tendril of the force wrapped around his throat. The slave groaned with a look that told the Darth he knew his mistake.

"What... is it... you incompetent... fool." He spoke with monotone, and released enough of his grasp for him to speak his plea of forgiveness.

"A cha-llenge.... my... Lord!" He utter gutturally. Struggling to speak.

"Having trouble controlling your cattle, Voracitos?" A Council member interjected, followed by a few chuckles. From the corner of his eye, the glistening orbs above his bulbous cheeks stared at the Darth who had a bit too much Humor. Growling softly, his telekinetic hold tightened over the slave, constricting his trachea until it inevitably was crushed. He fell to the floor, completely dead. He would usher in other slaves to clean the mess up later when this meeting was over. Or who knows? Maybe he would force one of the Darth's to do it for him by simply ignoring the corpse was there, and passively refusing to clean it up.

"Hardly, Councilman. Simply thinning the herd." He smiled with malice at the end of the sentence, leaving emphasis on the last three words. He even mocked him as an 'equal' but not even acknowledging his name or title as a Sith. He demoted him in essence, by disregarding his Sith 'philosophy' and heritage, and dejectedly referred to him as some sort of low life, hardly worthy of recognition, politician. Which to Voracitos he might as well have been. Using the force, the datapad in which his former slave had been holding just before his demise. "Hmmm," He uttered.

"I'll be honest here for once in my life," He announced, "I'm pretty bored, and you all seem to know what you're talking about today, so I'm going ahead and letting you all figure this out. I'm going to take a short recess. Shouldn't be too long, just some no-name Sith I've never heard of." He continued as he read the message on the screen, detailing all he would need to know for the duel. He threw it over his shoulder as he was done with it, and turned and moved away from the table detailing all the absurd plans of the Dark Council.

"Oh, and I'll be taking my seat with me, so don't think just because I'm gone for a short while that you can automatically bypass my ability to veto. Via hologram I will be joining shortly. Good ridence to you all, you people are the worst." He called out in monotone as he left the room, emphasizing his boredom.

------

Darth Voracitos soon arrived at the appropriate temple as designated by the Challenger. A small cloud of dust trailed the Darth as he leisurely made his way, 'fashionably late'. He was too busy admiring his home. It had been some time actually, since the last time he had seen it. He was glad that the Invasion had never managed to really scathe this world. Was it possible for this gluttonous monstrosity of a man to hold something dear? Apparently so. While the sand and dust choked the others, even with his wheezing, struggling lungs, the dust was nothing to him. To grow up as sith, one comes to breath like one on their homeworld. In fact, as he entered the arena, the fat man stopped his trek simply to take in a nice, long, deep breath of the suffocating air, and feel the emotions run through the room. It was good to be home again, the taste of misery and pain were delectable flavors in the Darth's palate, familiar and comforting in its own way.

The Darth opened his eyes to the sight of his supposed enemy from across these training grounds. He had a large, menacing smile upon his face, causing weaker apprentice's to cower slightly, and scuttle away from the path of one of the most influential, and possibly one of the most feared Sith in all of Imperial space. Those who didn't get out of the way fast enough with either removed from his path or trampled underfoot, or rather, under-Throne. He stopped several meters away from the other man, and didn't speak for several moments, letting his image settle into the mind of this challenger. He looked him over before considering to speak. He was indeed quite tall, just a bit taller than he had he not his Throne to expand the view of his image, of what he felt himself to be. He felt also, powerful enough to be considered an equal. This then told him that this was no joke, and that this challenge was serious.

"You're serious?" He uttered to the silent wind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom