Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech 7-LOM Protocol Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
4LOM_negtd.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]INTENT: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] To create an NPC that can help a (planned) technologically illiterate character go throughout the Galaxy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]MANUFACTURER: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Baktoid Industries[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]CLASSIFICATION: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Class III Protocol[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]MODEL: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]LOM-Series Protocol Droids[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]MODULARITY:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Yes[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]PRODUCTION:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Mass Produced[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]AFFILIATION: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Whoever can buy them from Baktoid, Mostly Sith.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]HEIGHT:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] 1.6 meters[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]MASS: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]100 kilograms[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]GENDER:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Masculine Programming[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]MATERIAL:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Desh[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]SENSOR COLOR: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Green[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]MOBILITY:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Bi-Pedal[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]ARMAMENT[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]None, but can be modded to handle most conventional weaponry(ie. Shoot a gun)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]EQUIPMENT[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Communications Modulator[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Standard Sensory Array[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Basic Targeting Matrix(Not Standard, need to be modded/special ordered)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]7-LOM is primarily a protocol droid, but can also be modded or specially ordered to be programmed with functions to cover very basic piloting, medical, and even combat needs as well. The 7-LOM has sensors modeled after the compound eyes of insect-like sentients, with the body of a humanoid bipedal organism. The 7-LOM is normally covered in basic desh plating, but the external plating can be special ordered or replaced to be fitted to plating made of more durable material, such a durasteel. 7-LOM has been programmed with every language known to be used before the Gulag Plague, and has an adaptive matrix that allows it to account for possible accents, variations, and evolutions in any of its known languages that might have occurred during the four-hundred year darkness. Overall the 7-LOM can speak and understand around 6 Million languages that were in circulation before the Gulag Plague, and has a memory bank large enough to interpret, decipher, and store the languages of .5 Million more languages that it may encounter. [/SIZE]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
C-3PX, eh? Nice.

My only concern is the level of modularity. Consider the classic example, a CEC freighter. On paper, you can turn one of those into anything -- they're very easy to modify -- but it would be in poor taste for an RP'er to turn a YT-1300 into a mobile quad turbolaser platform. You've specced this droid as highly flexible, highly adaptable, and modular. I'm going to approve this, because it seems like a very normal extrapolation of existing technology, but if it shows up with a miniature turbolaser or something in place of one of its arms, or somehow gains the modifications necessary to hack entire planetary mainframes...

Well, you get the idea. Approved.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Simple. What I'm saying is, the only concern I have with this design is a concern that I would have with all droids and a lot of spaceships, and it's unfair to single out one. As shown on paper, there's nothing especially off-the-wall or outrageous about this design. I'm merely warning against getting too excited and exploiting that design, the same as anyone should be wary about pushing modifications too far. It would be unreasonable to say 'your droid cannot be modified,' because all droids CAN be modified to a ridiculous degree. Fit the right power cell in a mouse droid and it could wipe out a squad of troopers.

For further clarity, what I'm outlining isn't a problem with his design, it's just some general guidance in using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom