Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Rate Colonial Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
382296bf2a29ea98b390a836eec58883.jpg

Image Source: https://s-media-cach...836eec58883.jpg

Affiliation: The Free Colonies (Koros Spaceworks as well.)
Manufacturer:

Free Colonial StarCorp

Koros Spaceworks

Model: Cruiser
Modularity: No
Production: Semi Unique
Material:

Durasteel
Quadanium
Glasteel

Classification: Cruiser: Ship of the Line

Length: 950M
Width: 200M
Height: 200M

Armament:

40x Heavy Turbolaser Batteries (Port)
40x Heavy Turbolaser Batteries (Starboard)

10x Point Defense Laser Cannons, (Spread out)

10x Heavy Ion Cannons

10X- Proton Torpedo Tubes

(10x Munitions Each)

Hangar: Small

2x Shuttles

Special Features:

Non-Combat Features:
Communication Array:
Sensor Array:
Engine and Maneuvering Systems:

-Standard Engines

Maneuverability Rating: 15
Speed Rating: 15
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths:

-Heavy Arms

As a First Rate she comes equipped to go head to head in Fleet Action.

Weaknesses:

-Slow: Very slow to travel and Manuever, due to it being a large gun platform

-Little Hangar space: This vessel carries maximum two shuttles, with no room for fighters.

Description:

The 1st Rate Colonial Cruiser was designed an Manufactured by the FCSC after the sacking of shipyards around Annaj. With a budding government, and small Colonies scattered, the Free Colonies needed a big ship to go toe to toe with larger Navy's and fleets.

Sporting an Impressive hundred guns she is the choice ship of higher ranking Admirals and Officers. The 1st Rate is primarily used to deal massive damage to the enemy fleet or planetary defences.

The Drawback of her design were that she was slow, and hard to manuever fast. To balance this Officers needed to place her carefully in the line to ensure maximum success.

Development Thread: Upon Requirement

Who Can Use This: The Free Colonies membership.

Primary Source: Wikipedia, historical base.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Jack Raxis"]

Are you meaning for your company to be at Tier 1?

I am currently reviewing all three ship submissions and this is the common ground amongst all the ships.

[member="Pixel"]

Don't quite understand.

Yes we're tier one but looking to expand. Also looking to make these for our rp's.

The rating system is simply to keep track of the power of the vessels.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

The problem is the size, complexity of systems and the sheer volume of weapons.

These are beyond the scope of a Tier One company which is already flagged for another vessel as Semi-Unique that hasn't passed.

Unless there is substantial reduction, these would have to be archived until the company can Tier up to meet adequate requirements to make such vessels.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

Or you can seek out a major corporation through development on all three vessels, or a major faction to co-sponsor production which would include their buy-in.

[member="Pixel"]

Then how is the company supposed to grow? In addition I've seen plenty of companies raise ships from a Tier 1.

In addition all this stuff is SW cannon, so not very special.

1. Mass producing any starship will require substantial proof of income by way of development thread, higher tier company, or Minor/Major Faction involvement.

2. To produce a ship over 1,000 meters in length, a company must be Tier 3 or higher.

3. Companies may own and operate a realistic amount of non-combat starships where maximum length per ship = ( Tier Number x 1000 ) / 2

4. Companies may own and operate a realistic amount of combat starships where maximum length per ship = ( Tier Number x 1000 ) / 3 and maximum fleet length = ((Tier Number x 1000) x (Tier Number)) / 2

All submissions are under 1000M in length and sporting basic systems. I can edit out some systems and or change to Semi-Unique. However if that is still an issue I'd request a second opinion on this.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

That's fine. I will flag the proper RPJ as a second opinion but my suggestions were viable to pass these through. As they stand now - they will be denied.

Thank you.

[member="Raziel"]

[member="Jack Raxis"]

Perhaps the confusion here is over the Company Tier.

All companies can start out at Tier 2. Looking at this submission I'd have no issue with a T2 manufacturing this at the stated production level. As a T1 I'd probably want to see some evidence of a Major or Minor faction opening a contract for a ship of this scale. This is perhaps an unreasonable endeavour for a company of this size.

From the Company Template:

[SIZE=10.5pt]Tier[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]: (How big is your corporation? [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Max:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] 2[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] This is done on a scale of 1-6, with 1 being a very small company, generally producing only a handful of goods at a time, with very little support or influence in the galaxy. Think mom and pop shop. 5 is a big, big name in the galaxy. Each Tier is exponentially larger than the last, so a Tier 3 Corporation could have one or two Tier 2 corporations as subsidies without a problem.)[/SIZE]

<p>Moved to Archives - PM [member="Spencer Jacobs"] for removal / if denied for Second Chance please post and tag Spencer Jacobs for review.<br /><br />Thank you!</p>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom