Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 PM

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I remember when the fastest SW RP pbp site I was a member of only had members replying once a week. Makes this place look like a 0.5 Hyperdrive compared to that.

I used to be part of a star trek email chain rp. If I stepped outside to take a smoke I'd come back in "Your have 50 new mails in your inbox" FML, this way about 700 People divided into 6 ships....

Indeed, I pity the captain though. The way the rp worked was everyone had a rank , and once a year (or on special occasions( you'd be promoted. The captain however was an administrator and sort of a GM, he would set up teh stories and we'd have to solve them rpg style. It was great fun, but the massive amount of time you had to invest made me have to drop out so I could focus on Univercity

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Yeah. I hear that. I joined pbp to fit a university schedule myself. Even just posting a few times a week, I found I could accomplish epic adventures at welcome speeds. It's still no 'tabletop night' like back in the glory days. But it's good enough to merit me coming back again and again.

It's a give and take. The faster the RP the stronger your LOAs hit you. Meh.

Indeed. I actually do still do tabletop twice a month, but we play a system called DSA (Das Schwarze Auge) which I had to painstakingly translate from german to english. The system with all its books total to over 4000 Pages.....

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Is that a big deal in the UK. This DSA? Here in West Coast USA, we mostly talk D&D 5e or Pathfinder, when it comes to game nights.

Well DSA is like the most in depth rpg ever made. It has literally every profession imaginable, from warrior, to chef, to prostitute, to author. And supplementary books for most everything. If you want to know how to do magic you need several books, WDH (Ways of the Heroes) WDZ (Way of the Mages) RSD (Rings, Staves, Djinnlamps) and LC (Libra Cantonica)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom