Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work In Progress Visas Marr’s Lightsaber (Replica)

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

845C680B-33CD-42D4-AB70-85367E8D0612.jpg

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Lightsaber
  • Size: Average,
  • Weight: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES

• Cursed Crystal, the more the user wields it the more likely they will he corrupted by the echos of Darth Nihilus who drained Visas Marr repeatedly. As a result at some point the wielder will frecture and become a Wound in the Force.
  • Drain Echo, makes the user’s ability to use Force Drain last longer.
  • Synthetic Crystal which makes the saber blade stronger, more durable and stable.
STRENGTHS
  • Gives Venia Marr greater confidence in combat since she believes it is Visas Marr’s Saber.
  • Having been forged in the presence of Darth Nihilus, the crystal gives the saber echoes which allows the wielder to use Force Drain for a longer period of time.
  • Lightweight, making it easy to manuever in all lightsaber forms.
  • Electrum at the emitter and parts of the handle make it less vulnerable to Cho mai techniques that can cut the saber into pieces.
WEAKNESSES
  • The echoes of Nihilus, that the lightsaber was made in his presence, makes the user more susceptible to becoming a Wound in the Force when they use the weapon.
  • A Replica that claims to be the genuine article. For this reason its authenticity can be disputed.
  • Basic Length, does not have the advantage of a Lightclub’s reach nor the shortness of Shoto lightsaber to get closer to an opponent for assassinations.
  • Red blade identifies the user as a Sith, making them a target of Jedi and The Galactic Alliance.

DESCRIPTION

The lightsaber of Visas Marr when she served under Darth Nihilus and later The Jedi Exile. Venia found the weapon at a shrine on an unnamed planet in the Outer Rim. The weapon was protected as a heirloom for many eons. Due to it having been forged in the presence of Darth Nihilus, there are echoes of the drain effect, which means the wielder has an increased capacity to use Force Drain while using it. When Venia uses the weapon combined with her emotional state she becomes more and more likely to become a Wound in the Force. Her very tears increase the potency of the effects, for her suffering is drunken by the cursed weapon.

Last edited:
Maker of Stuff and Things.
Factory Judge
Alright, gonna be as honest as I can here. Venia Venia

First off, your image is broken.

Secondly,
Production: Semi-Unique (single saber)
If there's only one, it should be marked as unique.
Cursed Crystal, the more the user wields it the more likely they will he corrupted by the echos of Darth Nihilus who drained Visas Marr repeatedly. As a result at some point the wielder will frecture and become a Wound in the Force.
Factory rules state we can't deal with force nexi within the factory. I'd ask you remove this. On top of that,
The echoes of Nihilus, that the lightsaber was made in his presence, makes the user more susceptible to becoming a Wound in the Force when they use the weapon.
This isn't a real weakness. In fact, I wouldn't count any of your weaknesses as real downsides.
  • A Replica that claims to be the genuine article. For this reason its authenticity can be disputed.
  • Basic Length, does not have the advantage of a Lightclub’s reach nor the shortness of Shoto lightsaber to get closer to an opponent for assassinations.
  • Red blade identifies the user as a Sith, making them a target of Jedi and The Galactic Alliance.
The only one I could really see as a weakness is the last one, I'd ask you rewrite these as true weaknesses, meaning stuff that will effect it in RP.

Having a saber be 'normal length' isn't really a weakness, as it is just a normal feature.

It being a replica of an obscure Legends saber doesn't really change how people view it, as most people will see it as just another sith saber.

I'd ask you rewrite your weaknesses, and think about how your saber is effected. The crystal being cursed is neat, play with that. Maybe any lightsider who touches it or tries to purify it is hit with a psychic attack or some sort. Maybe the crystal drives it's user crazy, there's plenty of ideas you could run with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom