Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not the average good guy

Gherron had [member="Krest"] exactly where he wanted him. Now, it was time for another test. "And now, let's see just how in control you can be." If the zabrak could show restraint, he would be able to learn the form all the easier. This in mind, he quickly slipped his blade through his defenses and away from his chest, so nothing was in his way. If the man didn't pull back, he would tumble forward at least five feet or so.

Krest blinked slowly, still watching [member="Gherron Vael"] as he moved forward. Then he did something unexpected. With his slip past him the Zabrak found nothing for him to stop. Nothing for him to press against. He stumbled half a step forward from it, but he turned the stumble into an advantage, turning with his other foot to keep Vael in sight. There he rested, both hands on the hilt of his blade. Control, that's what Soresu was about yeah? So now Krest would simply have to stay in it.

Once the zabrak regained his footing, Gherron nodded with a smile. "Now, for the second part of the form. Soresu has the user constantly on guard, and nothing can get past a good user. In fact, they are very similar to a human shield.... if you get my metaphor. Their force aura empowers them and soaks up whatever damage comes their way. Now, try this." He held up a finger and ran off, toward a side room. Hitting a bunch of switches on the circuit board, he activated three turrets, one from either side of the man. Then he turned the lights off. The turrets couldn't kill, but they would deliver one hell of a bruise if they touched flesh.

[member="Krest"]

Krest blinked slowly as the lights were turned off on him. Turrets and darkness, that was never fun. But the Zabrak was not new to acting on instinct, not new to having no sight. He stood there in the center of the three turrets, his eyes now closed. The first shot came from behind him. Without turning, he brought his blade behind his head, deflecting the shot to the side. He felt the shot before it was fired. This would continue on, Krest more often then not able to deflect the shots. There were bruises though, numerous on his red skin.

[member="Gherron Vael"]

The zabrak was doing good. However, Gherron always liked t have a little fun. As he had been walking around, he now foun himself behind [member="Krest"], a little ways back. Being as silent as he could, he waited until he was within a few feet, the aimed a side blow at the ribs.

Krest was so focused on the three turrets he didn't even notice [member="Gherron Vael"] . He stumbled to the side at the strike, letting out a hiss of pain. Yeah, that smarted. He'd keep defending the turrets however, after getting shot twice in the back and once in the thigh, much more annoyed. If that's how Vael wanted to play, Krest would have a surprise for the next time.

As soon as blade connected with flesh, Gherron heard a sharp intake of air in response. "Don't blame me for that, I told you to keep any eye open!" Fading back into the darkness to let [member="Krest"] fend off the turrets for another minute, he planned his next attack. He wouldn't stop until the man learned to defend from all sides at all times. Reaching across, he aimed a short stab to the chest.

This time the Zabrak was ready. [member="Gherron Vael"] 's goading words caused the Zabrak only to focus more, wait for his attack while still deflecting the bolts themselves. It was when the man struck out at him that he did move. He slid back to avoid the blade itself, and to deflect a shot right at the man thrusting.

The shot rang off on Gherron's blade for a second, Aftwr that long second passed, the three turrets turned to him, where he began deflecting every shot that came his way. "Well done", he applauded the zabrak. "Now do me a favor, turn the lights back on and disable the turrets."

[member="Krest"]

Krest smirked at [member="Gherron Vael"] . He moved to turn on the lights and shut the turrets down, but he did so slowly, letting Vael enjoy a bit of the shoot out. But he did turn them off, turning to the man with his arms crossed.

"You set up turrets in your own place?"

(OOC: Sorry, I thought I posted)

Shaking his head with a smile, Gherron lowered the blade and set it back upon the rack. "No, and technically it's not mine. A bunch of people rent it out, it really is a training floor. Some big-time supplier funds it and rakes in all the credits, while people come here to train in whatever they do. In essence, a glorified gym."

[member="Darth Ferus"]

The Zabrak nodded, a grin plain on his face. But he only took a moment or so to look around before leaving for the door. "It was nice, yeah. But I do have to leave. Perhaps another time, yes?" He casts a glance over his shoulder to [member="Gherron Vael"] . One day they certainly would meet again, though not as allies.

Gherron nodded, smiling. "Sure, I'd like that. See you around, @Krest." Walking toward the exit, he turned off he lights and motioned for his new acquaintance to do the same. They had both learned something that day, and Gherron would not forget.

END

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom