Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Little Girl, Big World

gDn2OUr.jpeg
Tag: Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

"You... you want me to teach you how to fight?"

Astri was taken aback. Sure, she obviously knew more than Zaiya, who was a self-professed novice when it came to martial arts. But Astri herself was still remedial compared to other Echani her age. Did she have the right to teach the girl next to her how to fight? Could she do it safely, efficiently, and most importantly, correctly? The role of a teacher was one she'd never played before, ever.

But... surely there was no harm in showing her the first tier of styles, right? Enough for Zaiya to learn how to defend herself? Even Astri had shown mastery over those. And, well, couldn't it be a way to thank her new friend for helping her out?

"I think... I think I could teach you a little," she said quietly, "I-I don't know about your friends though. If they want to be Battlemasters, then it sounds like they're both already beyond what I can do."

She didn't need Zaiya to teach her about Lovalla colors in return, but Astri couldn't pretend she wasn't interested in learning about them. She hadn't been able to take her eyes off the girl's swirling patterns since they'd met.

"And... it would be really nice to learn about... um, your colors, thank you."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

"Great!" Zaiya said, giving a little shoulder shimmy and ripple of joyful teal blue hues. "You'll have to let me know where your cresh will be and who your roommates are. Do you have a master yet?" she asked curiously.

"Depending on your schedule, I can come visit and see you during my weekend overnights, and we can train then," Zaiya told her, flashing her a grin. "I just have to look for a place to stay." little subtle hints that Zaiya's schedule likely wasn't similar to that of Astri Elyse Astri Elyse .

"And don't worry about my friends. You'll like them. I'll introduce you to them. They are very awesome and friendly and always open to train or spar or just hang out."

They began their route through the great Jedi Hallway. It was here that Zaiya would slow and start to review what signs and things could point them towards the archives.

Robe and cool jewelry | BCA - Solid State Hologram Tool Band

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:

gDn2OUr.jpeg
Tag: Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

"No." Astri shook her head, "no master. I've only been here a couple of days, and I've heard that most Padawans don't get one, actually..."

Something about too many students and not enough Jedi to train them. She didn't understand the specifics of it. As long as there were classes, though, Astri didn't think she'd have much of a problem. She'd always been better at learning from a book than from a teacher anyways. Plus, that way she didn't have to talk to anyone either...

But then Zaiya brought something up that disturbed Astri.

"D-do you not have a place to live?"

Surely, Zaiya wasn't homeless, right? She was in the temple! Someone here had to be willing to help her! Astri didn't know who to reach out to about that, but the Order would help her if she was in need, right? That was what Jedi did... right?

"Could your friends help with that, maybe?"

Suddenly, Astri no longer cared about finding the archives. What good would books be, if Zaiya didn't have some form of shelter? Books didn't make for good shelter, they were knocked over too easily. She needed, like, walls and a roof. Of duracrete or durasteel.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

"Oh okay. Do you want to get a master quickly or are you happy to try and see what options there are available first?" Zaiya asked Astri Elyse Astri Elyse . From what she understood, there were other neat places younglings could go, like the Agricorps, Medical Corps, Educational Corps, or the Exploration Corps from what she read in the books Braze Braze let her borrow. "There's the Agricultural Corps, Medical Corps, Educational Corps, or the Exploration Corps!"

Honestly, Medicorps and Exploration Corps sounded like a lot of fun.

However, that question was drowned out when Astri suddenly became concerned about Zaiya's sleeping accommodations. A warm smile shone down on the Echani girl, and Zaiya gave her a comforting nudge on her own shoulder since both her hands were busy carrying her box and the scanner.

"It's fine. I live on Commoner so I don't have a place to live here. " At Astra's still concerned expression, Zaiya admitted, "I'm not part of the Order, but I have several friends who are. Aris was the one who helped me find out I can use the Force, but said I should research where I want to learn more about it. Since he's part of the Order, I've been visiting a lot and learning what the New Jedi Order is about to see if I want to join."

"I can't stay with Aris because he doesn't live here. Braze stays with his Master. Loomi does as well. I just met Colette but she said she stays with her mate. I have some money so I can find a room in a hotel nearby; I'll just have to take a public shuttle to come to the temple since I don't have my own shuttle and I don't know how to drive one."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom