Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illusive Man [Alric]

Fiolette Fortan

F
[member="Alric Kuhn"]

The silence that Fiolette felt in the room was deafening, although she suspected that was on purpose. Blonde hair spilled over her shoulders she had been summoned, her heels traced nay a sound as she crossed to the glasteel with the planetary outlook. This view provided a colorful display of light across the sleek floor and danced along the silhouette of her shadow. Unsure of what to expect she kept her bearings a little closer to home, "it's not every day I'm asked here by someone such as yourself." She adjusted the three small ball bearings on her outfit. Her hands were empty save that they held one another behind her back as she stood nearly at attention, but let her legs relax.

No doubt that her staff was just as curious, they paced about in her ship waiting for her return.

She'd gotten his message not but a few galactic standard days ago and made the trip out, on her way back from the Sith Empire and headed back to Port Tiberius which would now be settling into its new position around Yavin IV. The purposeful silence continued, "what can I do for you?" Fiolette added as she tried to think of what it was her Shipwright company could provide for him.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

For a second ‘Alric’ remained silent, his head swiveling to look around the room in inspection.

Of course, unbeknownst to Fiolette, the man standing before her was not in fact Alric Kuhn. Instead it was a droid outfitted with an advanced Holographic Disguise Matrix, an automaton designed to perfectly mimic the mannerisms of Mr. Kuhn and dozens of other beings. The droid was an extension of the Artificial Intelligence known as Rigor, the being that now technically controlled Vanir Technologies.

It was an odd sort of arrangement, but one that had allowed the company to remain stable even after the retirement of the ‘real’ Mr. Kuhn. From time to time Alric still made decisions of course, small choices that were enacted by Rigor.

This meeting was one of them. ”It’s not what you can do for me, Miss Yvarro. It’s what I can do for you.”

The statement was of course a bit egotistical, but it was also true. Vanir Technologies spanned half the galaxy, it’s facilities were some of the most extensive available and it’s reputation as a construction company was well placed.

”As I understand you are currently attempting an expansion of your company.” The words were less of a question and more of a statement, likely backed up by copious research. ”I believe I can assist you with that by offering a mutually beneficial deal.”

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette turned a moment and watched the man in front of her. No doubt he had every right to say such a statement, Vanir Technologies wasn't a company to toy with and as she stood in that very room, the former grand admiral had no doubts that he was well aware of who she was. Of what she had built, it wasn't a secret even Joza Perl of Heartbeat knew, Dren Var Nabba of Comet Industries and even Arceneau Trade Company knew just who she was and what she had done. It seemed foolish of the First Order to let her go so easily, "indeed I am." She confirmed for him but had a suspicion he already knew what her goals and her plans were.

"By all means," she gestured for him to continue his thought process. She tucked loose strands of blonde hair behind her ear, an almost neon-azure gaze focused on him as she adjusted her implants. It allowed her to see the electronics in the room and in other things. Although she kept her bearings, Fiolette knew better than to give away knowledge. "I would be delighted to hear such a deal." Her back turned toward the planetary view behind her and the light played around her body.

Something told her that Vanir would be very interested in a rather specific line of starships.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug

"It's quite simple." Alric said as he pulled out a small device from his pocket.

He held the device between the two of them, his expression as neutral as could be. It was clear that for Alric this was simply business. It was an opportunity that could be exploited and used for the improvement of Vanir Technologies.

"Vanir controls several of the Galaxies largest manufacturing centers in Private hands." The device projected a diagram of a large Starship Driveyard. "The Foundry, Artemis Station, and several others throughout Wild Space, the Core, and the Tingel Arm."

Alric himself had been rather proud of that. "All of them lay outside the influence of major galactic Governments, something I imagine is very attractive to your fledgling corporation."

That was after all a large part of contention as he understood it.

"My proposal is simple. I will grant your corporation space on any and all facilities controlled by Vanir to manufacture your ships." He would cut straight to it. "In return you grant Vanir the ability to requisition those ships, at cost, for use within Vanir and Saeva's Corporate Fleets."

Vanir Technologies manufactured some of it's own starships of course, but it was far from the companies primary focus.

Fiolette Fortan

F
It was all very simple.

Fiolette closed her eyes a moment and recalled what had set her on this path. "No."

"Grand Admiral."

"No, I disagree. We should focus on our interior build our defenses and be rid of the Ssi-Ruu-"

"The Ssi-Ruuk are nothing, we must eradicate the Galactic Alliance."

"For what purposes does this serve?"

"What purpose? Why, Grand Admiral it appears your loss of the Kuragin has done more to you... "

She opened her eyes and exhaled, she knew what this was and to say no to this would be foolish on her part. Fiolette could not afford any sentimentality here, after all, she had come this far hadn't she? Threw all that she knew away and embarked on a different journey. A journey much darker than she could have ever anticipated, her eyes scanned the expression of [member="Alric Kuhn"], her own expression softened. Business was business and then she recalled her negotiations with Dren Var Nabba. "Quite." The Galidraani acknowledged, quite attractive indeed - to produce ships outside of any government, knowing that the First Order would use her as a point of contention with the Outer Rim Coalition. Just another tick on the checklist for their own Casus Belli, warmongers. "I see."

There wasn't a question as to which ships that Vanir wanted.

They were not Dren Var Nabba.

They were not Heartbeat House.

They were not the Outer Rim Coalition.

Nor were they the Arceneau Trade Company.

In her lifetime she had heard of Vanir, and even of Saeva but until now it didn't matter.

Suddenly all of them did.

"A rather beneficial proposal indeed," was all she could really say of it, "allow me to just clarify." As there were a number of contracts out already, a medical fleet for one group, salvage and melee ships, ships that were absolutely ludicrous on the blueprints until they weren't, and then there were the lawless bandits of the Outer Rim who just wanted a fighting chance between two galactic powers. "We produce ships, using your facilities and you, of course, add these ships to your corporate fleet, but may I ask, which line of ships are we speaking on, specifically? Or is that even relevant?"

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug

"I don't speak of a Line of ships Miss Yvarro." Alric said simply. "I mean all of them."

He stopped for a second. "Save for those designed for a specific client of course. Vanir would not dream of infringing upon the wishes of your customers."

They weren't out to be unreasonable of course. If a customer specifically request a line of ships for only themselves Vanir wouldn't demand such a vessel, that would just compromise Fiolette's ability to actually do business. This was just about augmenting their own fleet, and ensuring the protection of Vanir's assets.

"My Company is a large one, Miss Yvarro." Alric began to explain. "It is also an independent one. We have no government contracts, no backing from any greater organizations. We have allies, friends, but at the end of the day we stand on our own two feet."

That was something Alric had always been rather proud of, Vanir's growth without the assistance of a major government. It was a stark contrast to Titan Industries which had grown only through the power and influence of the One Sith.

"At the end of the day I will use any means necessary to keep that independence." He smiled. "That includes your ships."

Fiolette Fortan

F
"I see," Fiolette acknowledged.

She looked over her shoulder a moment and even turned herself to get a better look. An offer like this didn't come around every moon, she knew that and the Galidraan knew it would be foolish to refuse. "Of course," she continued to acknowledge where appropriate, "then I must say how punctual of you to offer such a lucrative deal." What timing, but she wouldn't say way, [member="Alric Kuhn"] would learn soon enough why the timing was just so. "Absolutely." Fiolette finished just as he smiled with the notion that her work be included to maintain his own independence.

The very thing she craved so much for that she turned her back on the First Order.

"Well then."

A pause.

"Where do I sign?"

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug

He smiled.

Alric, or rather the droid pretending to be Alric, didn't particularly care about Fiolette's disagreements with the First Order. This was a business deal, pure and simple. The policy's of Galactic Governments had always meant very little to Vanir Technologies, and if this put them on the bad side of the First Order? Then so be it.

Wouldn't be the first time Vanir opposed a force 'greater' than it. "I'll have the proper documents sent over."

He hadn't exactly thought this would go so swiftly.

"Put everything in writing so it's neat and proper." For a moment he paused. "I'll send you specifications for The Foundry and our other facilities. As I stated you may choose any spot there for your works."

Any not taken yet, but that went without saying.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Vanir Technologies. The Foundry.

Twenty years ago, Fiolette would have scoffed at the thought.

Twenty years ago the Galaxy was spinning the same story with different skins.

It didn't matter anymore, a war would be a war but business would always be business.

"Thank you," Fiolette said with gratitude. She understood what it meant to put it all down in writing. If she were in the same position, she would do the same. "I understand and thank you again, I'll be sure to respond in a timely manner with our selection."

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom