Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ghosts of the Past

Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell

The Fist of God, Daxton's personal ship could barely be consider a Super Star Destroyer class vessel. Like its owner, it had been heavily modified with lsyers upon layers of the very best shield generators money could buy, and modified hangars filled drone fighters waiting to swarm and slam enmass into.the enemy.

Droids comprised most of the personnel, while the rest of the staff were composed of various races who choose to follow Daxton for any of a dozen reasons, all stood at attention, rows upon row of neat and shiny uniformed personnel had gathered in one smaller hangars to greet the arrival of their masters associates, a dear old friend as he adviced them what to expect.

The Scillian Shipyards weren't too keen either but suffient bribes had exchanged hands and the ships berth was generating revenue so a blind eye was given to any visitors who would visit.

Judah should have been stopping at Huila Station, checking in with everyone and getting settled in the Centrality region. Yet he had bypassed the station and headed straight for the Scillal Shipyards. Disrupted by the ravaging attacks in the region, it was clear the companies and governments supporting the orbital shipyards did their best to get them online and operational once again. There was some damage, but he could tell things were underway to get the shipyards up to one hundred percent capacity.

He was here to see a local source to build salvage ships. War was keeping his company busy and that meant ensuring he had enough vessels. Plus, with things being disrupted supply chains could be iffy. Having more than one location in his back pocket that could provide manufacturing services would be a boon.

Striding down a hallway, eyes caught sight of the massive vessel pulling up. He paid it no mind, large vessels were often in these places. From what he could tell, not many places around the Centrality were left to berth such a massive ship, and the shipyards were most likely booming with those needing to dock for one reason or the next.

Judah suspected a local warlord. Word had it they moved into the area. With enough credits one could do anything out in the distressed sector.

Daxton's musings on the bridge were interrupted by a faint but familiar presence. With a press of a button, he alerted the bridge crew to run a passive scan of all the nearby ships and cross referencing it against all known contacts.

Closing his eyes, he reached out with the Force and touched his mind with a thought. "Why hello there my friend. Fancy meeting so far out in the Rim."

A small whisper at the back of his ear. Eyes narrowed as he looked around, wondering if someone was messing with him. The shipyard did have multiple sentients aboard, it was a real working shipyard after all. Folks were talking to one another, they were on their comms, passing through the corridors.

A shake of his shaggy head. There was no need to be this paranoid, it was half of what sent him away in the first place.

Either way. He had business to attend to.

He continued his walk down to the side shipyard he was interested in contracting personally for his companies. If they could start manufacturing in this area it may bypass some of the issues arising around the Corporate Sector.

Daxton Bane Daxton Bane

Daxton's eyes narrowed as it darted around multiple screens showing the surroundings of his ship. "Prepare my shuttle I have business to attend to."

Minutes later he striding purposely through the corridors, tracking his prey through the Force, those smart or fast enough got out of his way fast.

Hands on his hips, Judah looked over the manufacturing space for a moment. A good enough design for now. This was all a great experiment. He was unsure how business was going to shake out. Could be a long-term boom in Centrality or a flash in the pan.

He had read Makai's reports. It appeared much of the work to be done was going to take a minimum of a decade. Judah didn't want to make long term investments beyond space stations and a few key sites. Makai has authorized a regional headquarters but he was wary to join in and start up something else from scratch.

Space stations could always be moved. Buildings sold.

Droids were moving about. The owner of the shipyard was hands off, allowing him to wander on his own. Taking his own notes, slowly patrolling the space.

It was time to pull the trigger on the manufacturing portion. He could evaluate how things were faring in a year and make a long-term strategy then.

Maybe even buy the shipyard.

Daxton Bane Daxton Bane

Causing a commotion as he moved forward, Daxton grew tired their self important prattle, althoygh he was sorely tempted to void their lot into empty space, it would hardly worth the hassle of explaining the introduction of several bodies into low orbit.

With a wave of hand, he prodded the weak minded to forgetting about his presence. Suddenly there was silence followed by looks of confusion as to why they have congregated in the space corridor before puffed and preened before heading their respective ways, totally ignoring the Zabrak as if they did not see him causing him to smile in amusement.

Walking around the large, empty space that was the assembly area, Judah had his head down, typing notes into his comm device. Generalized notes on the space, distance, hyperlane junctions. Things that someone might ask him about later, or something he may need to recall once he reached the space station with the others. Besides, it was hard to have one's financial department approve purchases and leases and all the other legal issues if he couldn't even recall some of the basics.

Ears picked up a commotion. Noise and rustling echoing down the hall, sounding hurried. Panicked? No, more purposeful. Perhaps the owner was trying to track him down, or one of the managers at the shipyard. He couldn't see why but it had happened before ; someone wanting to speak with him about one thing or another.

Then the commotion created a shadow in the entryway to the large hangar, Daxton Bane Daxton Bane .

Daxton waited with patience of a hunter, seemingly bored and ease, those who knew him well knew that looks could be decieving.

Time and stress seemed to have aged his friend, the years marking lines on his flesh with each passing day.

"I was wondering where you were old friend. How are you?"

Looking patient, bored even was dangerous in his opinion. That was a the look of a calculating sentient. Calculating was difficult, white hot rage in some ways was easier. It made folks blind and impulsive. He could deal with that.

Calculating was difficult to read. It can go too many places.

Which is why he carefully took note of the other exits in the massive hangar. They were far away but at least they were there. He would make no moves yet.

"I've been around."

Not a lie, Judah had been all over the galaxy with his business. His name was easy to find.

"I was doing great up til now." A pause, he still had manners after all. "What about yourself? How has time treated you?"

Daxton Bane Daxton Bane

"I am glad to hear that. You have done well for yourself and those close to you. Time has been fair and I have had plenty for self contemplation."

"But the Force compels me back to the galaxy at large. Time to move in the shadows and perhaps make a profit on the side."

"I need to know who are the power players in the Outer Rim. Naturally I want to avoid stepping on toes and hurting feelings and your name to mind. I seek council and access to discrete transport throught tge sector and the inner core. Naturally I would compensate for speed and discretion, something we can both agree to beforehand if you are interested."

Who the hell was this Daxton Bane Daxton Bane ? Last encounter the pair had the Sith had been trying to kill off his then wife and then unborn child. Daxton had tortured himself and Thessa Kai Thessa Kai . Now here they were, having a conversation about the state of the galaxy and...asking for help? Well, advice.

Did the punch by Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble knock something loose and he was having a hallucination? Maybe. Maybe he was in his bed on ship, already on the way to the Station.

"Empire of the Lost is getting much attention in the Outer Rim currently due to their barbs with the Galactic Alliance and Mandos. Of course, you have the Sith Empire on the opposite side and various other groups. I don't keep up much with politics outside what I need to for my businesses."

As for transportation...

"You can have one of my salvage transports if you so desire. Speed...not the fastest but in terms of being able to move freely, you won't be looked at twice."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom