Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beginnings

Tarrlok

In the Shadows, Ambition Stirs.
Day 1

She and her Padawan [member="Caleb Brolen"] had a successful mission. The council was pleased with the artifacts being brought to where they can be safe and keep others safe, and she was excited to have gotten to meet her new student. While they had very little time to go into much training, they still were able to meet with one another an become familiar. Today would mark their first official day of training.

She sent word to him stating that he was to meet her in the privates room within the Archives. She usually took to her own study and work there but she would also give her counsel from within to others as well. She was only her second student, and she was finish with her first. She was learning just as much as he was. Perhaps thats what made such an arrangement a special one.

With Caleb being a little more experienced than Des she wondered if she would go about the same process in the same way. Perhaps she would so that she could implement group training. It all depended on what he knew previously anyway. She sat at a long silver, and elaborate table that shown in the lights above. Her datapad was out, and she read...and read until her student arrived.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

As I walked through the temple I saw many jedi masters with their padawans training. Master Shmi and I successfully got the artifacts back to the temple with minor trouble but that was a story for another time. I moved my feet fast because I wanted to be early this time but it seems like time wouldn't permit. I walked into the archives and look around for Master Labooda to no avail until I saw her sitting in a side room with the door half closed. I walked to it and used the force to open it completely. I bowed to my master and said "Good morning to you Master".

Tarrlok

"Caleb, greetings. How are you?" she stood up and ran her hands down the length of her robe. Then she brought her hands together slowly, and in time they interlocked. She smiled at her apprentice, and motioned for him to have a seat on two ottomans placed in the center of the room. She would make her way over after him. She sat down with her legs crossed, and her hands resting upon them. She looked at her apprentice before she spoke her next set of words.

"How are you feeling? I know you were feeling a little uneasy back at the medical station in the presence of those Artifacts." she asked because she was genuinely concerned. He displayed a deep sensitivity to the Force back there, which means he was yet another promising student to join the ranks of the Jedi. That was an amazing thing.

"You...displayed a high sensitivity the other day...that was a most promising feat Brolen. I'm assuming your pursuing the path of a consular?" she asked sternly, there was a serious expression on her face.

[member="Caleb Brolen"]

I sat on the chair across from Master Labooda as she talked to me. I replied with "I feel fine after a little bit of sleep and meditation, sorry I caused such a scare". Master Labooda basically read my mind because I was also thinking about my sensitivity to the artifacts. After my training with Master Natalja I never did use the force the same way. Master Matteo taught me how to use the force as an art not a tool. I said to my Master "Maybe all the extra training has adapted my sensitivity in some way. Maybe we find something about it in the library here".

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

"Oh no, there's no need for you to apologize, you've done nothing wrong. But I think you have a very deep connection to the Force, and since you've spent time learning from many others it seems your growing into your own abilities; reaching your potential." she smirked at her apprentice. When she met him she could tell he was destined; its funny that destiny, lately its been finding its way into the life of Shmi.

"Oh there's no need. I think this situation was self explanatory. But that situation did have me thinking, and because I care for your safety I wanted to teach you a technique that could serve you well in the future." she stopped talking for bit, and took a deep breath but exhaled softly and slowly.

"This technique is called Meditation of Emptiness. It allows you to establish an emotional anchor...it may seem unimportant now, but trust me...this technique will always serve you justice, especially with the brilliant mind you have. Follow along, and focus on my voice." she said as she closed her eyes. "This Meditative technique allows you to quiet all external distractions...and involves emptying ones self of negative emotions and opens the user to the Force, strengthening their connection. Take deep breaths, and clear the mind of all negative thoughts...this shedding that your doing will allow you to center yourself in your own simple power, as well as the Force. Purge padawan...allow all of your doubt to become nothing but a shadow, to become nothing."

[member="Caleb Brolen"]

I listened to what my Master had to say but it was hard to do so. I could not concentrate on one simple thing with everything that has been going on in my life. The war, multiple masters and the fact that in the next few years things could go wrong. I calmed myself and took a deep breath, then I had my mind concentrate on the force and nothing else. The force was with and my master was with me, that was all I needed. I removed my emotions and fears and became nothing. I was not an empty shell more like a light vessel drifting through space. I waited for my masters next instruction.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

"One thing I think we all must learn that life is not predetermined...the Force is there to guide things along and see to it that everything falls into place the way that it is suppose to. I know you've experienced a lot during the course of your training thus far, but Caleb you must realize that you've been led to this moment for a reason. Try to remember that when your thoughts become clouded. "

She looked at her apprentice, she could see the strands of energy flowing through him.

"this technique, a very basic one at most can prevent future situations. Your mind is just as much a weapon as any gadget in your arsenal, which means people will try to exploit it. Be wise Padawan, clear your mind and enter a state of emptiness. Purge negative emotions and those that inhibit you and embrace the good; I promise you'll see a clearer path."

[member="Caleb Brolen"]

As she spoke I cleared my mind of all things good and bad. I didn't think of the war or anyone in it. I just thought of nothing but the force. My master was guiding me through all of it with her voice alone. I wondered what she felt like when she learned of this technique . I again returned to emptiness. Nothing was clouding my thoughts and feelings. I felt nothing. However in that nothing I felt something. Something of light and pure energy. I didn't want to talk but I couldn't tell if my Master could feel it too.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Tarrlok

She was training him harness powers of his mind. She wanted him to condition it, to the point where it was just as sharp as his blade. Physical attacks are nothing like mental ones, and it was best she prepared him for such things, at least the only way she knew how." "What I want for you is mental conditioning..."

"listen...there are things out there you've yet to face that you will one day. Some things were meant to break your will and drive you insane; its the work of evil. This technique can help you find light in those situations when nothing else works."

[member="Caleb Brolen"]

I listened to her as she spoke. Her words were calm and collective which helped me concentrate more on focusing in my mind. I quickly smiled and said "Yes Master" then continued on meditating. The Sith had crazy powers and technology but none of that mattered now it seemed nor did the war. Everything was calm in my mind once more and my emotions and fear left my thoughts. I now thought of peace and tranquility. Hope and protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom