Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was supposed to be a lazy afternoon

Serian Loria

In the shadows, at the fringe
The mid day sun was bright and warm, not many people were out and the gardens were almost empty, save for one person sitting in the shade of one of the trees. Next to the person was a folded bit of clothing, outer robes, he was one of those who followed and served one of the Gods of Moross. The orange color was swapped with black, so instead of orange accented with black, the robes were black accented with orange. Under it he wore regular clothing, in this case dress pants and a long sleeved white buttoned up shirt. A couple of buttons at his neck were undone, he didn’t need to be dressed while taking a break.

He was leaning back against the trunk of the tree, his legs out stretched and crossed, one hand lay in his lap the other in the grass holding a book. His eyes were closed and his breathing was even, a rare sight to see him napping. He wasn’t totally asleep, to do so would have left himself vulnerable, but he was asleep enough to be resting. His ink black hair fell around his face and he looked much younger than one might expect. He can usually be mistaken for someone in his late thirties, but as he was at that moment he could have been in his late teens early twenties.

He was one of those people gifted with fey looks that could seem older or younger, he was in fact only twenty five. It wasn’t uncommon for him to be outside at this time, he enjoyed the gardens a lot and usually spent his time meditating or reading. That was what he had been doing at the time, but he just couldn’t keep focused and chose to take a rare nap instead. The heat had been stifling so he’d taken off the outer robe, after that it hardly bothered him. Said heat was what typically drove people inside, but in the shade it was very pleasant.

He’d been having a difficult time as of late getting the things done that he was assigned, a few of the archivists higher up than him were the problem. His arrival in the library wasn’t an abnormal thing, but his quality of work was better than some of his superiors and that had ruffled feathers. Despite it however he got things done, but those above him had started to popinjay peck and it was disrupting how others worked with him. He didn’t really care because his work spoke for him, but the whispers around him said that someone else had caught wind of the things said.

That was an annoyance he hoped would prove to be nothing. The last thing he needed was for someone unknown to become a problem as well. So far those he worked with didn’t know he was a force user, he didn’t care to have that bandied about and mocked too. He was used to ignoring those who had issues with him, he’d survived as a Sith by hiding his secrets and working around those who set themselves against him. While those he worked with didn’t even come close to the level of then, he still kept to himself and worked around them.

He stirred slightly, adjusting his position, one lit ruby eye cracking open as a bird landed near. However he closed his eyes and ignored it after dismissing its presence. For the moment everything was peaceful and his rest was uninterrupted.

[member="Pyrrha Nikkita"]

Ugh, I did not like how people could slide by with the work they do. In the Moross Crusade, You worked your hardest, or suffer the consiquences. While alot of the Aesirs were much like this, one of the reasons that I was given a title, was because I had worked hard. My first real mission and I was already given the title of Knight. I remember that mission well. Mostly because I told a God to go screw himself. Neth had told me to leave and would think nothing of it if I chose to do so. However, even in my half dressed state, I stayed behind to try and destroy the Sith spawn machine.

Crowned me Knight, and offering me Governess of Manpha, It was not that long later that I was tasked with taking over a pirate ship. We had to fight the pirate captain in space. But after that, I seemed to slip. Two missions in the Crusade comming after me because I was still alive when I should have, "Died for my religion" I hated it. Some of my men gave me looks that were not so nice anymore. So I had to change that. Work harder to earn my name back. Zoey was a name of my birth. But with the Moross Crusade, I wanted a name to be remembered by within the Religion.

Pyyrha Nikkita was one that I liked. It was actually taken from a few different places for the name. Now I wanted to work hard, and prove that I was better than rumors. And in that thought, I wanted everybody else to improve. I hated it, yet I loved it at the same time. Some people would not believe me when I at first asked them to do better, saying I had no right to do so, sometimes when I would mention that I would beat their butts, they might. So I had gotten in a few fights. But in the end, I got it just fine.

Now, when I had thought I wanted to take a nice break in the gardens, I looked to see many enjoying the flowers, the many fruits that hung from the trees, yet, I could see someone sleeping. Yes it was a nice place as any to be, but sleeping was reserved for the night, or when you were off of your shift and in private. Not in the gardens of the many temples. A bird flew by me and landed close to the man. I didn't see all that much movement. Coming closer, I saw him to have dark hair, rather nice looking face. He looked. About my age. No definate year, and I was not one to just simply by looks. Even a child could be more powerful than myself.

Watching him for a moment, I walked up, not hiding my boot's footfalls, and then kicked his own shoes. Trying to get him to wake up. "Rise and shine punkin'. Get up and go to your own bed."

[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

He’d felt the presence of someone else moving towards him, but for the most part he ignored it. However when that unknown presence was too close he woke, watching her through the veil of his lashes to see what she was up to. His legs simply moved and he got to his feet with the grace of a predatory cat. His lit ruby gaze locking with hers, irritation clearly showing, but he said nothing.

His eyes. They made him look striking, like twin rubies lit behind by candle light. They held many secrets, they saw so much and had a quality that might lead people to believe he could see in to them. From the way she stood he could tell she was a fighter, his own stance was balanced as well, but he didn’t look like he fought physically, she did however. There was something about her that drew the eye, trying to lure him close, a subtle thing that started to annoy him even as he brushed it away. She was at least part Zeltron, the only race he knew of that had this...natural compulsion to dissolve people into drooling idiotic mush.

However it had no effect on him at all. He’d long since learned how to not only control his body, but his mind as well and the natural talent of her race didn’t appeal to him. What might surprise was that even though he was taking her in, his eyes noting details, it was impassive, he didn’t do it by thinking, his observation was natural as breathing. He stood at six foot even, though not the tallest person around there was something about him that would make those with weaker personalities shy away and turn wary. The mark of one who followed the Dark path, the quiet menace that gave all those the mark of a predator.

He was lean and lithe, one hundred and eighty pounds, but his air made it so that he would both draw eyes and intimidate without doing it intentionally. For all that however she wouldn’t sense his aura, he had it concealed. Even his intent would be a mystery, his irritation only showed in his eyes, otherwise his body language and expression were blank. “I wasn’t aware that enjoying the gardens was a crime my lady nor was I aware that people would feel inclined to break that tranquility.

His speech was cultured and clipped, an obvious mark of one that was or had been of high society, though his accent would be unusual. His manner was polite, despite how annoyed he was, a politeness that often irked people around him further. He was an enigma, hard to read and even harder to see the desires and motivations of. How would this one react?

Most men were taller than me. I wasn't phazed by height. I had faced a behemoth of a man before, standing almost as tall as a Null. Fighting a good fifteen to twenty meter Sithspawn was also on my list of things I have done. Not everyone had done such a thing. Six feet, or two meters, was like looking at any other person. His eyes however, was... unnatural. Ruby red and even the slighest touch of irritation made me want to back up a step. Even as he stood, my eyes moved from his hands, to see if he was using any weapons, hip followed for the same reason, and then the eyes once more to see where his intentions lie.

Even from his stature, I could tell that he carried some kind of hidden authority, and agenda that might rival my own. The robes on the ground told me he was a Believer of Neth, a man I had seen in person, and worked with fairly often. Seeing that he had no weapons, From his height, he was surely to see the handle over my back of a Beskad. A sword forged much like the mandalorians, I had recieved it when I was just an apprentice. And it was the only weapon that I trusted with my life. I folded my arms as his accented voice broke out over the silence... relative silence of the gardens.

The man was right. It wasn't a crime to sleep here, but I didn't like to see people slack off. My own eyes met his. Blue as the seas after a storm. I pointed my head towards the temple as I decided to answer him, voice rather soft sounding for the battle prowess that I had, "No crime here Sir. Just don't let the Gods and Aesirs catch you dozing off when you should be working." The entire tone of his voice said that he was discusted with how I was acting towards him. Yes, I may have been a little rude for kicking his feet, but would he want the alturnative of some Aesir coming over and giving him a little shock therapy?

Nonetheless, I smiled a little as he stood there. Something told me that he was hiding alot of things. I hid many things from people, but not so much as this man. He may seem open and kind, but his eyes betrayed him. The red eyes filled with years of pain, and hardships that everybody faced. Part of me didn't care, and wanted to walk off, but I stopped when I rememberd the man's face. Started with an S.... trying to think of the name. However, there were not just rumors of me. There were some that this man tried to overdo his job and make others look bad. While I couldn't believe all of it/ Some of it, from the way he stood and held himself as though he had seen a few battles himself, looked to maybe be true.

"Sleep in your own room, or go back to work. Sleeping is for those private moments. Not here in the open."

I wanted to see what he would do. Part of me wanted to egg him on into a fight. See if he really had the stance right, then the other part wanted me to just back off, and to let the man be. The first option was stronger.

"What's with your stance? You wanting to fight me?"

[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

One eyebrow rose, the idea that one of the so called gods would bother him over such a trivial thing was incredibly ludicrous. “Why would the aesirs go so far as lift a finger when you saunter up and do the work for them?

A taunt for a taunt, but also very true, why should they when she’d taken it upon herself in the place. Those lit ruby eyes glittered, but for all her rudeness he kept his temper in check. He let out a sigh shaking his head, the manner like one would give when someone was making a fool of themselves. He tilted his head “I hear arses and assumptions are like bedfellows, careful lest you be their next partner.

He’d already finished his work, but he didn’t need to justify his actions to this one. He casually picked up his things, ignoring her challenge, but snorting softly. This one obviously let her sword rule her intellect “Why run the risk of destroying someone’s hard work to create what is around us? While you might think nothing of shedding blood, someone else will have to pick up the mess and will not thank you for it. Out of respect to the gardners, kindly go to hell.

He walked away from her then, moving to another spot sitting down and going back to what he was reading. He’d meant it, he respected those who had crafted such a place with such painful hard work and it would disrespect them to ruin it. He spoke of collateral damage, of the innocents who’d suffer for her over eager desire to fight. He ignored her, making her sound like she was the one acting like a fool. She’d angered him though, by making so little of the idea of a fight, ignoring what such actions would cost someone else. Not something one might have expected, but then that was the point.

Oh boy...

This one had an attitude that needed to be shut down. And fast. Pointing out things of why it would be my place, I was about to talk when he continued on basically calling me an ass, and making assumptions. What made it all the better was while he was speaking of the mess I would create, he thought I couldn't clean up. Now there was a few things that irked me. People not doing their work? One. Showing no respect? two. ingnoring me? three. and most of all. Going against what I already asked them. Four.

All of them were done in less than a minute. And that alone wanted to make me yank my sword out and cut his tongue off, followed by his manhood. However, I opted for something else. As he sat down, going back to reading. I simply turned to where he was, and while the device was in his hands, With the force, I took it, and let it hover towards myself. Turning it around to look at it. "I thought you were sleeping earlier?" Raising an eyebrow. My face stayed the same otherwise.

"What is it with you to ingnore the Blade of Kalee?" Didn't want to fight, didn't want to talk, or work. So I decided that I would be his little shadow until he chose to do one. Oh and if anybody thought he was not the fighting type would be wrong. He had the stance and the knowledge to fight. It was clear as a Follower of Neth, he had the knowledge to do so. I just wanted to see if he really could do it.

[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

Her persistence was annoying. Most people had the sense to leave him alone after he’d told them to feth off, but clearly this one was after something more. When the book was taken from his hands he stood up and gave her an unimpressed look. “Ah, I see… First you accuse me of being a lazy layabout, now you are tossing out a title, I’m now expected to show some sort of...appreciation.” He snorted “You are trying too hard.

He looked up at the branches of the tree above him then closed his eyes for a moment. “You won’t leave me alone until I’ve satisfied whatever you desire.” He looked at her “Fine. For your information Blade of Kalee, I already finished my work. I did most of it last night and finished the few things today, all of which was grudgingly approved by my superior for he had expected it to take more time. Once that was done, I went and had a meal, then came here to relax till I left for the day as I have the next few days off. I wasn’t asleep, to sleep here out in the open would have invited trouble, but it seems the mere idea that I was unaware invited it anyways. Now. I gave you the answers, return the book and bugger off.

He hadn’t given her his name nor had he given her the respect she was trying so hard to get. As far as he was concerned the title was just words, her actions more than anything were what was telling. Despite her aggravating him further, he didn’t rise to the bait, he still maintained his rigid control.

I smiled intently as I continued to look at the book. Even while the man went on a little rant about how his work was done and he was taking some time off. It was approved by his supervisor, He didn't really care for the title. With the man who was a little angry, it wasn't quite yelling, but loud enough that other people were now becoming interested. I didn't look at them directly, just seeing them out of the side of my vision. I look up. Some of the pink strands of my hair falling in front of my face. Closing the book with a solid thump, I turned it over. Looking at the cover to know that there were multiple copies of this book. Seen it before, not actually read it though. In fact, I had one of them in my own library.

I shrugged my shoulders. looking somewhat defeated. I knew that I was acting like a child. However, this man interested me. Something was about him and I could tell it was almost out. I just needed one last straw. And there was only one way to upset a Follower of Neth. I cleared my face. I actually was sorry for this. Taking steps forward, I handed him the book in person, while keeping a distance from us. "You're right, I shouldn't be throwing the title around without proving it." I waited for the man to reach for the book when I tossed it to the side.

And what I didn't want to hear, was a plunk sound of the book falling straight into the little pond.....

There was only one thing I thought about in my head as it happened. And well, it went something like this.

"By Neth's knowledge am I screwed."

[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

He looked where the splash came from and shook his head “You really are that determined aren’t you. Its a good thing I chose the reproduction and not the original, but regardless it’s not me you’ll answer to for that.” He looked back at her and smirked “Such juvenile tactics won’t really upset me, they’ll only make me more bored. Obviously your talents lie elsewhere.” He studied her for a moment and shook his head “Ah… Now I get it. So, the rumor was true after all, you must be the one who caught wind of what was being said. Did they really paint me as such a demon? I have been aware of words said behind my back, but to lure someone like you…” He looked back at the temple “Guess I really will have to put an end to this nonsense… What a bother.

He ran a hand through his hair with a sigh “You should have just talked to me, however if you are so intent on fighting me, fine, but not here. So then… Lead the way to the sparring grounds, this is your challenge after all.

He picked up his robe waiting, his whole manner was bored now, the whole affair making him incredibly tired. He might have gotten irritated, but it didn’t go any further from there. Even though she’d ruined the book, she just hadn’t found the right trigger. However she’d get what she wanted, her chance to test him. What little emotion she had sparked, seemed to bleed away, he wasn’t the sort to be lured like that. “So, Blade of Kalee, will you ever tell me your name? I can just find out at my leisure, but why waste time when you are right here?

He figured she knew his name already and didn’t give his, someone doing what she had wouldn’t go in not knowing that much at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom