Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Little Things in Life

There wasn't really an abundance of humans or life in the quadrant of space that was known as echidna. Not a lot of sentient life to enslave and turn into your loyal servants. So what did you do when you didn't have enough resources at hand to meet the demands of your project? Why you import them, they were needed for something big Dredge was planning. Loyal obedient slaves that would be a corner stone in his plans, although he wouldn't reveal them to the representative sent by Rahvin Industries. They were of a rather twisted nature that the Yuuzhan Vong normally did. Whoever was selling to the Vong would know that every last man woman and child were going off to their certain deaths. And that's what the order asked for, men women and children, with children being from ages five to eighteen delivered to a planet in the lowest quadrant of space known as Echidna. A hot dense jungle planet filled to the brim with millions of beasts upon it, whoever was coming for a visit certainly could hear the hundreds of roars and screams coming from the dense jungles from the planet's surface. It was a small slice of hell in the galaxy where you would be eaten alive if you wandered into the jungle alone at night. The perfect place to house slaves, just try running and they wouldn't stop you. All you would end up to be was food for the forest.

The meeting would take place in a large field, well what was once a large open field. Now it was lined up and down for half a mile with the giant infamous Yuuzhan Vong ship wombs. But these wombs were not growing ships, they were growing something much much better. As the shadows of giant six meter wide hands skated across the inside of the womb dozens of teams and armed guards stood around the facility all taking part of what was about to go down. In the center of the now monster birthing center sat a robed man in a lawn chair sipping on a tall glass of what looked to be a local blend of fruit juice. Above his head there was a rather brightly colored umbrella providing shade for him and another lawn chair seated a good foot or two away from him. The Yuuzhan Vong Supreme Overlord wasn't much for formalities when it came to the bartering of worthless human souls. In fact he considered this a casual occasion rather than a strict formal business meeting. "Vaas, see to it our guest is comfy." he said as he waved his hand to a nearby Vong hunter as he awaited the arrival of the companies representative.

The shuttle dropped through the atmosphere, away from the much larger space-bound vessel which lay just out of orbital reach of the planet. Onboard the latter a multitude of slaves awaited, of varying ages. All had been raised and trained to perfection, they couldn't be any more obedient unless they had been made as droids, or something similar. Organically they were like no other. Time and patience, after all, paid. Of course at present the owner of said slaves was not yet certain of how this deal would go down, nor how many were required or willing to be paid for.

Kära stepped from the ship as part of the Shadow Guard who followed the young representative of Rahvin Industries. She was a slight girl who held her own, and radiated power. Truly she was but a slave herself, yet one Kära had hand groomed for this exact purpose. Her name was Lura, or so everybody thought. In truth the real voice of this meeting was Kära herself, as C.E.O. But no one outside of her tight circle of affiliates knew that, and no one would. "Overlord Dredge" came her voice, chiselled and elegant in unison. "I am Lura, representative of Rahvin Industries. Shall we begin?" Reflecting the woman who taught her, Lura was straight to the point with formalities. Her little head inclined itself into a bow towards him. From her place amidst the red shadows Kära simply watched, internally nodding. Very good.

@[member="Supreme Overlord Dredge"]

"Welcome Lura, please have a seat and we can begin." With almost a smile dredge sipped his juice through a straw and enjoyed the tropical breeze as it rolled by them. "Vaas! Get our guest a drink!" with that the hunter Vong bowed and quickly walked away to come back with a glass of juice for Lura. Setting it down on a small table between the two chairs Dredge smiled and took a sip from his juice and placed it back down on the table. "So quick to jump to things, take a seat and get comfy. We will be here for a good while. Can I have my men get you anything? Food, drink, more shade?" as the tropical sub beamed down on everything that wasn't shaded he waited for the person to sit down before they began things. Usually Dredge would be to the point and sharp with human scum, but in this case he needed to be a bit more tactful if he were to get what he wanted. The woman certainly was kind by the looks of her and he was none the wiser of the it going on around him. @[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

There was no hesitation from the young lady, despite the fact that she was acting on the orders of another. Outwardly she clearly commanded herself, she was the one in control. Kära had worked hard to perfect this individual for her task. She herself simply stood in place amidst the others, while Lura took her seat with elegance. "Thank you, Overlord, I shall" came her placid response, before she turned her head to the individual who brought her a drink. "Thank you, Ser." The woman sat completely upright and straight backed in the seat, yet all the same she appeared comfortable enough. "I have no need for further sustenance nor shade, Overlord. But your hospitality is appreciated." Inclining her head ever so slightly to emphasise this point the woman smiled subtly. "You were vague in terms of numbers where your requests were concerned, Ser; yet once we have the basics under wraps there is more I would speak with you about and offer." She said offer, however this would be a mutual benefit for the both of them. While the Overlord seemed happy to remain laid back, Lura had learnt her ways from Kära. That meant her time was to be used efficiently, as opposed to practise lolly-gagging. A business deal did not require such frivolous falsities and attempts to seem good willed, both individuals wanted something at the end of the day. A deal could always be struck, all that was required was civility and co-operation.

"Now before we begin I will tell you this, your slaves I don't care how well trained they are. How wonderful they are or what they have to offer, I don't care so do not try to sell me what I have already bought. I need human or alien lives, not the perfect slave in your opinion. My surge coral will make them perfect, not your training." with that Dredge began to speak like the lord that he was, he had no interests in hearing details or what goes into the training and breaking of what he considered a lesser life form. To him humans were means to an end and they would be used as such, "Now when it comes to numbers I need a solid three hundred slaves, better yet let's say three hundred and fifteen. Some might not survive the coral implants." giving the woman a solid number he looked over to his body guard and waved his hand "Vaas! Bring the thralls!" with that he sat back and smiled at the woman. "Are you sure I can't give you any refreshments?" he asked his guests hiding the disgust he had for humans under his kind voice.

After a few moments a loud jail of stomps were heard approaching them. They had not arrived yet but when they did it would certainly be a fun sight for the people to behold. "Are you familiar with the effects of surge coral?" he asked the woman as he say there casually sipping his juice. It was safe to say he didn't like any of the humans before him, but in order to get what he wanted he would continue his acts of niceness and gratitude as they awaited Vaas to return with the thralls that he so desperately needed. "One last thing, what price am I looking at here?" he said to the company rep before tapping his foot while waiting. @[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

Lura remained completely composed throughoout the man's initial speech, before calmly stating how "We have no intentions of 'selling the product' to you, we are well aware of the likely outcome of our vessels, Ser." And it was the truth, Kära would never have wasted her best slaves on Vong who would likely do experimental things with them, it was a waste of time and effort. The beings in her ship were, however, very healthy and well maintained. Their training was such that they would not resist anything the Horde had planned for them, but it did not stretch much further.

As for the number, "Three Hundred and Fifteen vessels, ranged ages, that can be done without issue. And no refreshments, thank you." They had, in fact, brought just over that, nearing more towards half a thousand. She stood calmly in place as the other Vong ventured off to bring forth the specimens this individual wished to show them. "I am familiar with the Yoriik-Kul, Ser." Although this was only because Kära had ordered Lura to do her homework where the Vong were concerned. For a moment the woman looked thoughtful, trying to figure out the correct pricing given the oddity of the number.

Bringing forth a datapad, because the writer of this character cannot be bothered to do maths today, the woman extended it out; the prices were shown on the screen, with a slight discount on the final pricing due to the bulk-sale. "I trust this is an agreeable price, Overlord?" Considering the lack of training they had undergone, these slaves were considerably cheaper than Rahvin Industries standard lot.

"Ah a sharp one, I do long for humans who know the ways of the Yuuzhan Vong. Now lets conclude this so you can be off my planet." Looking over to the data pad Dredge scanned the product's prices and nodded in agreement. They were a bit pricy but they were the best and they still beat the current quality of the prisoners from coruscant he had stolen. They really did need them for the current project that was going down. "Your prices seem fair, is there any other form of payment you accept besides credit? Not that I don't have any I'm just curious." Asking the young lady the question he hoped there was some sort of thing she could takes besides money. Growing giant monsters in your backyard wasn't really the most cheap thing in the galaxy. This business deal needed to be wrapped up and soon before the project was complete.

"Now lets have a little test. I'd like to see your product in action. Shall we?" Standing up Dredge looked down at the woman and clapped his hands. The other thralls would test her slaves in the field of battle. Or at least a small duel. "Vaas bring the chairs and umbrella. Come my child I'd rather we not test them in front of my creations. Where is your ship?" @[member="Lady Kyros"]

"I am unsure what it is you could offer me, Ser" the puppet of Kyros began, moving with the Vong as he began to lead her away. Pressing one solitary button on the edge of her wrist comm-link, the woman summoned one dropship worth of slaves down from the larger vessel which resided in space just outside of the planet's boundaries. "My ship is off-world, however a vessel worth of slaves is on its way as we speak. Do with them as you please, consider them separate from the deal at hand - a gift from Rahvin Industries to yourself." There would be a few dozen onboard, and she doubted he needed all of them for whatever he had planned now. That meant he'd just been given a few more to experiment on and use in his plans.

Behind Lura, Kyros and the other Shadow Guard stepped into formation, watching over their liege as it were. From her vantage point, Kära kept a close eye upon the Vong and his men, but more so upon the woman she had placed in her stead. Very good work she transferred through Lura's comm-feed. The woman would be rewarded well for this, as she always was. But the loyalty which bound the pair went deeper than credits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom