Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Jedi/Ren SUPER FRIENDS Power Hour

THE JEDI/REN SUPER FRIENDS POWER HOUR
Episode IV: A New Holo

It is a dark time for the cinema industry.

The premiere of the comedy horror holo film SCARY HOLO 7 has come to the attention of the First Order's Knights of Ren. From their secret base of operations of Castum Umbra on Dosuun, the assassin known as CHIYO REN travels from Imperial space to the Silver Sanctum Coalition in the hopes of screening this critically acclaimed jewel of adolescent humor.

En route, he stops at Voss, where the Ren is awaited by none other than Jedi Knight THÉODRED HEAVENSHIELD of the Order of the Silver Jedi. Because there was nothing better to do on a Zhellday night than cruise to the holos with your best bro.

...also, his only bro. But, that was just because [member="NORAH KITTS-CASTILLON"] was technically a chick and, thus, ineligible for full bro status.

Don't complain to me about it. Take it up with the Equal Bro-tunity office in HR.

Even now, the forces of the Sith and the Jedi converge upon an unsuspecting ticket clerk at the Regal Holo Nine...

laa_01.png
L A E K I A
The Kalos System

The piece of popcorn bounced off the youngling's nose.

He'd meant to toss it up at catch it in his mouth. As the salty snack went flying from his face, it was clear that things were not going to plan. Of course, there was no plan. They were at the holos and neither had any parents around, which made them arguably the most dangerous thing in the whole universe: Unaccompanied minors.

...with Force powers.

How a Primeval missionary and a Silver Jedi came to be friends is the story of a convoluted series of events we won't revisit here, because condensing four or five threads into some half-assed paragraph or throw-away reference line wouldn't do justice to the fact that some crazy stuff had happened and the two were well acquainted as a result.

The pair had voyaged across the heavens to arrive on Voss for this august premiere of the latest in what was certain to be low brow humor from a franchise known for catering to the juvenile crowd. Celebrated warriors, both of them, they strode across the hangar bay like they owned it and marched straight up...

...to the back of the line.

And, man, was it one hell of a line. "I hope it's not sold out," the Pantoran remarked, looking up at his Jedi companion. "You think maybe we should have bought our tickets on-line?"

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"]​

Last edited:
And the reason that Boo could not 'land' the popcorn in his mouth? Theo of course. Each time he would use his index finger to flick it off line through the force. Nothing, absolutely nothing would give this away, no expression of his face or body language .. maybe a slight 'feeling' through the force Boo might feel but that would be it. No Jedi robes today, this is time to spend with his best friend and getting here without the knowledge of the parents was indeed a feat of mammoth preportions.

Theo popped his popcorn one at a time in his mouth not wishing to waste one piece of it, in the other hand a large drink of the fizzy kind that is very popular with the young ones. Not that Popsi stuff that is just so wrong on so many levels!

He looked at the line, it was very long and would take them forever to get to the ticket box. "You know we should have but ..", he looked at his friend with a wicked smile. "We could, you know .. help the line move a little".

Having spent all of his life using telepathy and mental abilities because of Nina, her only way of communication, Theo had developed this skill to almost masterly. All of a sudden some of the people in the line ahead of them began to moved away, leaving the line after suddenly developing a distaste for the Holo or a sudden need to go home and be with wives, girlfriends, boyfriends etc etc. Some had developed an overwhelming thirst and needed to go get some water. As if nothing unusual had happened, Theo simply moved up the line in their place.

"You know, I think we will get in". Another piece of popcorn popped in his mouth, he chewed with a grin.
[member="Boo Chiyo"]

As the Pantoran watched, people began leaving the line.

Not just one or two, or even a couple. This was pretty blatant manipulation going on here. Which, was part of how he knew it wasn't a Sith that was doing it. Sith were a hundred times more subtle than Jedi McLightsider here was being.

Even still, if they were going to cheat, he could have Force Stealthed the both of them past the usher and into the theater and then they wouldn't be paying 12 credits for tickets and double that amount on snacks. But, no, they were being paying, responsible citizens right now. At least some of them. "Oh, sure, when I do that it's evil..." the boy muttered, looking at Theo's back for a moment before reluctantly following after the other boy.

As the pair got closer to the ticket counter, the boy pulled out his credit cube. Well, one of his credit cubes anyway. The only one he was carrying with him today, but that was because he wasn't on an assignment. When he was, he had about as many fake credit accounts as he did phony identicards. Of the two of them though, Boo was the one with the paying job.

Did Jedi even have money? They didn't exactly seem poor, and they weren't begging for alms, but they didn't exactly seem to support the whole personal acquisition of wealth concept. And, if there was one constant in this universe, its that the Sith expected to get paid. Even after he'd donated to that Republic refugee project on Altier, or tithed to the Primeval, or donated to that Wounded Stormtrooper charity... the money from just a single assassination was more than enough for the Pantoran's meager needs. Well, meager after he'd refueled the Equinox and then try finding a veterinarian willing to see an amphistaff. Those guys were not cheap.

Sliding his credit cube across the counter, the boy got the tickets and passed one over to Master Mindbender. "Want any soda or anything?"

How was it possible not to laugh with Boo's comment. Théo's sides just about split and even drew attention to them from those that had remained in line. "I can see the headlines now, "Jedi falls to the darkside, by manipulating the ticket office line, so evil"". And was there a pang of guilt in the young Théo. Nope..

"Besides I did them a favour, probably saved them some credit on a bad holo". He grinned as Boo handed him a ticket. "I'll get the soda's", he said reaching into his pockets and pulling out some credits of his own. Yes, Jedi get allowances, for more personal stuff. Théo does not spend his allowance on hair products and the like, much preferring the unkempt look, it takes hours to perfect you know!

Walking over to the snacks and beverages stall, something caught his eye. A lovely tall blonde girl serving and he flushed red in the face, simply because she looked at him. She had brown eyes, a slight tan and hair that fell down her back to the waist and what a waist! and when she turned around things only got worse. "Err, Hi .. ", a great start! and at least he kept his eyes on her's. "Two soda's please", the words coming out in rapid fire and all jumbled together. "I'm sorry? I did not catch that", she said looking at Théo slightly pained, as if she did not want to be here.

How do they do this? this bewitching with indifference. "Sodas .. two", suddenly his voice failed him and went all high pitched, Théo was drowning in pools of brown eyes. "What flavours?".

"Err.. anything, I don't care, you choose? I am sure whatever you choose will be very nice". Théo the smooth, and what is with all the questions. The girl turned away to get the sodas and Théo looked to his friend as if nothing had happened, or at least that is what he was trying to do, before making a complete fool of himself. Two sodas sat in front of them, and Théo quickly handed over the credits. "Lets go and err, find good seats".
[member="Boo Chiyo"]

The young Pantoran looked on, confused.

The young Master Heavenshield, Jedi Knight and defender of the Valkyri... seemed to be stupefied by something as simple as ordering drinks at the soda jerk. Tilting his head to one side, the youngling just blinked as his expression between bewilderment and skepticism as the scene unfolded. "Are you okay?" the boy asked finally, as a drink was passed his way.

Teenagers.

They were a very confused people. Also, confusing!

Proceeding into the theater, the Pantoran select a seat and plopped down as he waited for the holo to start. This theater even had stadium seating with reclining seats! It was seriously the best holo theater in the Silver Sanctum Coalition, but that was largely due to the Voss Mystics rigorously screening and banning a number of movies from being shown in Voss-Ka.

...in accordance with the prophecy, because Voss Mystic.

That's what happened when your planetary government was run by Force quacks.

"Yeah I fine", he said a little awkwardly. Never so pleased to be out of the main area and entering the theater. Boo found them a seat, a reclining seat! The evening was good so far, but only just got better. Théo placed his drink in the holder and handed Boo his, they even had a small table between them on which he placed the popcorn and other snacks. Reclining back on the recliner, Théo kicked out the foot rest and laid their with hands behind his head looking up into the dark ceiling.

The lighting was dull of course, yet lit enough for the other people to enter but he soon found himself sleepy, the recliner was way to comfy. Soon, the lights dimmed even more, and the screen extended and the propaganda began.

logo_cordigit.png
For all your gaming needs!
Théo sipped his drink watching the array of commlinks, and gaming stuff on offer. "You'd think we could get a heavy discount on those products?". Although Théo was more a GXbox man.

[member="Boo Chiyo"]

The young Pantoran just turned to look over at the teenage Jedi.

Sometimes he got the impression Theo didn't get out much. Then again, Boo logged a lot of star miles jaunting from one side of the galaxy to the next. Sometimes for the Primeval. Sometimes for the First Order. And sometimes even for the Republic. He was pretty much the sort of kid who'd pick up any cause he thought was right. "You do," the blue-skinned youth noted simply in reply, speaking in a low whisper even though it was only the adverts that were lit up in the room.

To illustrate, the tween explained, "The closest Corellia Digital Store to Dosuum is the one on Druckenwell." Though, with the financial markets of the Techno Union in a state of disarray, the boy was worried he'd have to start shopping at the Corellia Digital Store on Denon, where there was even more of a mark-up. "Prices there are twice what they are on Voss."

Plus, new hologames were usually released a day early in the Coalition territories.

People like Theo, who never left Voss except for a ski vacation on Midvinter, had no idea just how good they had it. Try streaming the new update for Angry Mynocks while you're holding up in a sniper position outside some Hutt owned spice house on the off-chance your mark comes by for his hit.

It was true to say that Theo had not experienced the wider galaxy as much as Boo had, but that did not mean he had no experience. He had visited more then Voss and Midvnter, those two planet alone, had given him much to grow up with and further into SSC space he had fought against the Death Watch alongside Mandos, which was his first taste of combat when lives under his command had been lost. The wider galaxy awaits this young man and he will find it one day.

At this moment the lights dimmed further, as the holovid was about to start. Theo settled in to get more comfort and prepared for the 'horror' that would unfold.

"I have not been to the store on Voss, I will have too", he said. Hoping one day he would find the time, and convince his father that gaming platform was a very necessary item for him to have and one can always find time for gaming.

Sorry for the short post, I am a little under the weather
[member="Boo Chiyo"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom