Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Tazi Fiend Power Armor MkIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
z2AB9C5.jpg

Image Source: Warhammer 40K Tau Codex.

Intent: Provide the Jackals, the Hutt Cartel and affiliated groups with a battlesuit that is durable are relatively cheap to manufacture.

Development Thread: If needed.

Manufacturer: Tazi's Machines.

Model: N/A

Affiliation: The Jackals, the Hutt Cartel and affiliated groups.

Modularity: All Weapons.
  • Shoulders - The shoulders can support either tactical supports or weapons. The shoulders are usually mounted with heavy weapons.
  • Arms - Weapons can be mounted on the outer wrist of the power armor. These are usually lighter weapons such as a pulse cannon or a pulse rifle. The battle suit can only handle four weapons, one on each shoulder and one on each arm.

Production: Mass-Produced.

Material: Dura-steel, armor weave, plastoid,

Classification: Power Armor.

Weight: 2.5 tonnes.

Quality: 8

Special Features: The power armor comes equipped with:
  • Low Light Vision.
  • Com Links.
  • Magnetized Feet.
  • HUD.
  • Blaster Resistant.
  • Slug Thrower Resistant.
  • Filtration System.
  • Pressurized Suit - One Hour Oxygen Supply.

Strengths:
  • Low Light Vision.
  • Jump Jet System - Gives the power armor a quick one time use jet pack.

Weaknesses:
  • EMP.
  • Engine.

Description: Tazi's Machines have invented a versatile set of power armor which provides the wearer with a wide range of weapon selections and tactical systems.

Users must be trained to use the suit, and can learn from Cadan Tazi.

The suit is able to survive in space for one hour before the oxygen runs out and before the suits systems begin to fail.

There were two prior power armor's before Cadan finally finished the MkIII. Cadan had used slaves as test subjects for his suits. The MkI failed as the turning mechanism was to strong, crushing the slave inside. To save clean up Cadan had the MkI destroyed. The MkII was almost a success. Everything worked except the weapons systems. Which was lucky as the slave inside tried to kill Cadan, after an hour long fire-fight, he and his men survived the fight, but ended up destroying the suit. Finally the MkIII came about with everything working properly.

The power armor's are sent out in a group of three, one commander per group.

A small engine is located in the back of the suit to provide it with power. If the engine is hit there is a chance it will shut down or even explode.

The maximum distance that the jump jet can allow the power armor to jump is 20 meters. This can only be a one use jump, even if it jumps less than 20 meters.

Primary Source:
  • Non-Canon - [X]

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Alright. As much as I love the source material and how you're choosing to apply this to Star Wars... Mechs and Battlesuits are kind of a no-no here. Star Wars has Walkers and Star Wars has Powered Armor.

In order for this to be approved, it's going to need to be able to be clearly identified as a walker or a suit of power armor. Right now it's kinda in the middle.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Cadan Tazi said:
Armaments:
Shoulders - The shoulders can support either tactical supports or weapons. The shoulders are usually mounted with heavy weapons.
Arms - Weapons can be mounted on the outer wrist of the battlesuit. These are usually lighter weapons such as a pulse cannon or a pulse rifle. The battle suit can only handle four weapons, one on each shoulder and one on each arm.
Pulse Cannons and Pulse Rifles are a direct rip from Warhammer 40k Tau weapons. I need this to be replaces with Star Wars weapons.

Also, this submission cannot be named Battlesuit or be descriped as a Battlesuit in the description or elsewhere in the submission. I need you to completely relabel this as Powered Armor.

Cadan Tazi said:
Strengths:
Low Light Vision.
Jump Jet System - Gives the vehicle a quick one time use jet pack.
This must be a suit of armor, not a vehicle.
Also, I'm going to need specific limitations on the maximum vertical and the maximum horizontal jump distance the Jump Jets can allow this to reach. As well as how many total jumps the system has fuel enough to facilitate.

Outside of this, you're still using the vehicle template for the submission.
As I stated before, this must be a suit of powered armor or it must be a walker. If you've chosen to make it a suit of powered armor, then I'm going to need you to use the appropriate technology template and I will move it to the Technology forum once appropriate.

Powered armor means that the fingers and hands seen in the image are gauntlets holding the actual fingers and hands of the wearer. And that the legs of the armor are encasing the actual legs of the wearer.

War Hydra said:
Pulse Cannons and Pulse Rifles are a direct rip from Warhammer 40k Tau weapons. I need this to be replaces with Star Wars weapons.
Pulse weapons and cannons are both canon weapons in Star Wars. They can be found here:
  • Pulse Cannons. [X]
  • Pulse Rifles. [X]
Hope all is good now.

[member="War Hydra"]

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

*facepalms*

I was so focused on the Warhammer 40k stuff, I completely forgot about those weapons.

Cadan Tazi said:
The pilots sit comfortably in the chest section of the suit and control the suit using various joy sticks, levers and computer systems.

As this is power armor and not a vehicle or a battlesuit, this design feature has to go, unfortunately. The wearer of this power armor must be standing. The wearer's feet go into the boots/feet of the power armor. The wearer's hands go into the gloves/gauntlets of the armor. The legs go in the legs and the arms go in the arms.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Alright. The image makes me twitch. But that's just because I know the source material.

The canon precedence is there for powered armor of this nature. And nothing particularly stands out as being any more powerful than any other suit of powered armor.

Approved, pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom