Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return to Eriadu.

The journey was not at all a complicated plot on the nav-charts, merely following the Rimma Trade Route meant traversing from the Orders territory and back into the Galactic Alliances, to Eriadu of which had been his home for so many years. Despite the small venture, it still felt like it had been so long since he'd returned to the loveless planet; the source of his bounty and the desecration of the family he loved before everything went straight to hell. Call it a moment of impulse though in struggling to pinpoint his allegiances of late, home seemed like the only plausible downtime that might give him something to distract from the paranoid and endless bounds of hostilities and politics.
A year had passed in truth, hardly a time worth noting though in that time Zarack had gone from a nobody on Eriadu, to become a known (though not well), Criminal and an affiliate of the Order of the Black Rose, by his masters Initiation and his search for something to claim he belonged to. Blindly stepping into the organization, he found he'd been thrust not only into a training regiment that had ridiculed and near killed him, but also seen to his involvement in conflicts that he had no personal reason to involve himself in save for avoiding his Masters wrath. Curiously, it had not all been so arduous and certainly not without some gain. He'd acquired the Baccara (his Ship) through the associations of the Order, a pair of lightsabers through that of his Master as well as some experience in training to use the force to his advantage. An odd internal conflict to find himself in as he enjoyed little of the company yet had profited from it all. As twisted as it seemed, Zarack had lost sight of any lawful streak he'd once held and in seeking more for his own gain, had ended up affiliating not only with the Black Rose but so too with the Brethren Court, an organization of pirates, smugglers, thieves and criminals of a similar nature. Scoundrels, the lot of him, to which he'd come to find he had a number of things in common with.

The Universe was a big place however, and one thing that Zarack had come to learn was that Loyalty only went as far as you were willing to compromise to follow someone else's desires, that or you had deep pockets enough to buy your way out. Zarack did not have deep pockets, not enough to purchase immunity from any one organizations reaches and while he still had not come to terms with his chosen place in the Black Rose, leaving them meant incurring not only the hatred of his Master but so too losing the security that went with being an associate of such a clique.

The Baccara touched down with the landing bay floor, the walls of the Hanger rising up passed the cockpit to block out the horizon and fill the young mans view with the corporate walls of some financial giant that had built the establishment. No longer on a system that he was estranged too, Zarack moved to reach for his black robe, the long cloak that sagged around his feet with the hood that would do enough to mask himself from the view of the majority of people he would come across, at the least blocking the nosiness of the holo-cams; the teen-aged pilot sought to lower the landing bay and casually saunter down it, lowering his head to avoid hitting it on the aft of the vessels hull.

"Greetings Sir!" One of the workers at the station moved to approach him, offering a smile and looking to identify and log the vessels arrival, "Welcome to Eriadu. 'Tis a wonderful place of enterprise. If you'd be so good as to register your ship, I can provide you with a tour of the district if you'd so like!". He was polite though it wasn't difficult to see how difficult it was for him to force it, feigned happiness in the face of new visitors. 'He must see all kinds...' Zarack thought to himself, a moments sympathy for the man.
Focusing on the male standing before him, Zarack though not physically, reached out with the force to shroud the other and seek to persuade him differently. "I am afraid I'm here on business my good man..." He spoke as he pulled a credit chip from the compartment of his belt, handing it to the greeter, "At the behest of the Alliance...-This Vessel will go free of charge and it will not be necessary to put a name on government business..." Zarack smiled as sincerely as convincingly possible while he touched the mans mind with the coercion that was the mental power in the Force, the bribe that he'd offered was substantial enough that he hoped there'd be little blow-back in his return.
"Oh..." The worker stumbled something awkwardly for words as his mind was played upon by Zarack's ability in the force, "Well then, Mr...-Smith! I will leave you to your business, good luck and have a good day!" the smile was returned and the man soon departed, richer for it though none the wiser.

[member="Zarack Arkaos"]

Junker Pugn planted the Coyohttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/76088-the-coyo-tie-fight’ceptor/ neatly beside a YT-1300 freighter in a sweeping move that ended with a gentle touch on the hangar floor. The long flight to Eriadu had given the pilot time to break in the irascible frankenfighter. He tossed the rope ladder out of the cockpit and followed the rungs to the ground.

The Jawa was simply excited to be here, wherever here might be. His droid-saber guide however had a plan. L3P0 had been here before. It was a long time ago, just before the Gulag Virus, but the crimes its then owner had committed were unchanged in the droid’s memory. An entire factory workforce had welded themselves inside a freight container leaving no means of escape. L3P0 had unwittingly convinced them go inside. The protocol droid had to find out the fate of those people, if anybody still knew.

L3P0 signalled for the Coyo to lower its pink astromech. L3P0 had given it secret instructions to investigate the fate of the workers using whatever digital means it could find. This suited the adventurelorn R2 unit perfectly and it was quickly on its way.

The next step was to complete the procedures described to them by air traffic control. Junker Pugn checked L3P0 was neatly arranged on his bandolier and headed towards a station worker to pay the docking fee.

A young man wearing a black robe was completing procedures ahead of them. He was someone called ‘Smith’. The smiling station worker suddenly strode away without even glancing at them, giving L3P0 no time to tell the Jawa to try to catch up. They found themselves standing next to the black robed man as L3P0 gave an exasperated sigh.

The small brown robed Jawa patted his hood and waved to the large black robed human. L3P0 smelled a familial scent coming from the Jawa. Oh no, not another friend. L3P0 braced for the worst.

Zarack 'Arkaos' Zorathi stood there a moment with a slim smile upon his face as he watched the attendant begin to walk away. 'I can't believe that actually worked...' He released something of a sigh sounding out of relief before his mind was thrown, feeling some sort of movement to his right. Turning to face whoever the other could be, Zarack's brows rose high as he found himself face to face with a curious model as far as Protocol droids went, not only that but his gaze was soon drawn down as something seemed to tug at his arm and he realized there was in fact three of them, a Jawa and an Astromech Droid as well.

"Hello there..." He spoke to the Jawa, eye contact on the one sentient form among the three though he did take a moment following to ensure that there weren't others behind the trio. That of course was a thought soon swallowed up by the sudden interest in the Jawa's...-Starfighter? Some of which was still easily recognizable as far as the old Imperial parts went, though the vessel itself didn't look much like the original Twin Ion Engine (TIE) Fighter any longer. While Zarack was no expert on these old ships nor the old empire itself, it was hard to be interested in all things flying and somehow avoid hearing about the TIE make of Starfighters and bombers. They were about as popular as the massive bulk Star Destroyers, both of which had caused their fair share of damage to other pilots of the galaxy, let alone space-pirates and the less legit individuals like himself.

"What is that..." he asked, pointing to the vessel docked beside his freighter while speaking to [member="Junker Pugn"] with great interest; Zarack was unable to decide whether his interest was in the ingenuity of the crafts design or the fact that it stuck out like balls on a Rancor. Whatever class of TIE this ship was, it certainly looked like it held more fire-power than any of it's former more standard models and this alone was enough to wonder what business a Jawa had packing so much heat. While it's size held nothing to The Baccara, It certainly looked like it could put a hole or two in her. "I don't think I've seen a fighter quite like her..." He added, a brief smile being passed down to the Jawa before glancing back to his craft.

While Zarack had bluffed to the Attendant that he was here on business with the Galactic Alliance, in truth he had nothing to do with them and had only met a soldier of the organization the once. With enough time to kill on his hands, he made no haste in his intent to leave the landing bay docking yard. Eriadu had been his home once, long ago, the price on his head had not disappeared but there was a certain comfort in his return, no matter how arrogant of him to feel. His reassurance came from his training in that had there become a threat near to him, he would hopefully sense it in time enough to react.

[member="Zarack Arkaos"]

Remembering what it was supposed to do, the pink astromech stopped rubbernecking the encounter with the black robed human and accelerated onwards to carry out its cunning plan. It had the best chance of success so far, from L3P0’s point of view. The protocol droid’s plan otherwise was “to ask around”. About prisoners in a factory. While being a translation device hanging from the bandolier of a Jawa. It really wasn’t a great plan.

But it was a plan that could start now. It was hard to see the robed human’s face under his black hood. It was a lean man, who moved with a purposeful economy. It reminded the droid of Jawas evading a meteorite strike, watching the movement of the mosses intently to gauge which way to run. But perhaps that was wishful thinking, just seeing a person in a robe.

Searching its memory of Eriadu, L3P0 recalled it was an industrial planet populated with humans, and this was a human. On the other hand they were in a spaceport and the industrious Eriaduans were not likely to wear robes. Nonetheless styles change. Sod it, L3P0 would ask.

Affecting a rough accent that might be better received by an Eriadu factory worker, but not so similar as to cause offence or confusion, L3P0 spoke for the Jawa who wore it, “Sorry to bother you mate. I’m looking for a factory with some prisoners in it. Last I knew they made thruster flanges. I believe it’s in the lower sector. Would you be kind enough to point me in the right direction?”

"A factory with Prisoners inside of it?" Zarack repeated in a rather curious tone, a brow lifting briefly as he soon found himself becoming skeptical over the thought, "Not exactly something you want to be asking just anyone around here, especially if you intend on going down below" Zarack smirked somewhat at the thought, he sounded like he knew their environment well and beneath all the resentment for his past, it made him feel some pride in knowing that Eriadu wasn't estranged to him entirely. "I can lead you as far as the lower levels, I grew up down there though it's not a pretty sight so I hope you're not too squirmish" he glanced between the droids and the Jawa momentarily, a pending second addition coming to mind, "Oh and keep your droids close, they're expensive looking and people down there aren't as giving as the one's that look as much, up here...".

With that said, Zarack began to walk away, gesturing for them to join him with a welcoming wave of his right hand. The Docking Bay was nice and all, Zarack had always admired the ships that came and left though since coming into the commission of his own freighter and it's origin being anything but a legitimate station on Eriadu, he felt it best if he did not linger there for long. Worse case scenario, he'd return to find an infringement company awaiting him...-Something that took initiative to evade though it wasn't entirely impossible with the aid of his training thus far.

"While we're on the move, I feel I ought-ta ask...These Prisoners you're talking about...-This isn't going to bring down too much heat on the both of us is it?" He questioned the droid though in saying 'both of them' he really meant himself and [member="Junker Pugn"], not concerning himself too much with the sentimentality of droids in comparison with sentient beings such as themselves. "You see, I'd really care to avoid running into any unwelcome attention, you know what I mean?" He spoke with a hint of sly and sarcastic humor, as much of an admittance as he would give to offer any notion of what he did to maintain his living. His pace didn't slow, but he kept about him something of a casual motion in the way he walked and carried himself, perhaps confidence was the factor that pegged Zarack as a little more than just a kid the age of seventeen.

L3P0 did not like the human’s tone at all. Fearing that it might have said too much, and knowing that it did say too much, they weren’t the same thing. On the positive side, he definitely had an Eriaduan accent. Maybe positively: nobody had ever called L3P0 anything so nice as “expensive looking”, mainly owing to its Jawa heritage. But here it wasn’t exactly a compliment. L3P0 told the Jawa to pocket the other lightsaber inside his robe to halve the visible pickings. There was no way to hide itself without being blinded. It needed to see.

L3P0 was not squeamish, being witness to a lifetime of the evil deeds by Darth Pugn. Junker Pugn on the other hand might squirm, but he still needed to learn to help those in need. It dreaded to imagine what state those prisoners might be in now. The droid nodded its louvres in response to the Jawa’s glance, and they quickly fell in step behind the human.

“No, I don’t think you’ll get much trouble from the prisoners.” It was unlikely they would be giving anyone much attention any more, unwelcome or otherwise. “Pardon me though. My master’s name is Junker Pugn. I am L3P0. We really appreciate your help.”

"The prisoners are in a Sienar-Jaemus Fleet Systems factory. It is just off Hull Gutter. In fact that's where the thruster flanges on our ship come from.”

'Sienar-Jaemus Fleet Systems factory....' Zarack questioned silently within, wondering if he'd actually ever managed to gain entrance to the facility though he knew it well, tied to one of the larger corporations that aided in the creation of such well known vessels Zarack had only ever read about in holo-books, seeing such a financial giant was once a dream of his; not so much these days however given his newly discovered affinity to the force and all things that seemed to be drawn in by association with knowing of such a power. Not all of them necessarily positive.

Zarack stepped into one of the public air-lifts, the cylinder doors sliding shut with a mechanical hiss only once the trio had joined him. "Heading down..." He spoke up as if very matter of fact, reaching soon to press the appropriately numbered button that would soon inspire the lift to lurch down and descend into the far darker and more volatile area's of Eriadu. "By the way..." Zarack turned his attention back to the small group, "I'm not afraid of trouble from Prisoners, that's a given, I'll be more concerned if you bring down the entire Galactic Alliance on our heads and I've been doing so well lately avoiding trouble with the authorities..." He paused momentarily in consideration of where the remark was headed and what might be possibly gained from roaming with the three, "So if you want me to stick around at all, I'd not mind a little clue into what it is you're actually up to around here...-Don't take me for a fool, something doesn't feel right here...".

Rather than push the fact that he felt uneasy around the story he was being given, he didn't push for answers right then and there but instead allowed the ride down unto the lower levels to happen in further silence on his part. He would soon enough step back out into the cool but thickly polluted air once their ride had come to a halt and only then, would he turn back to glance to the Jawa, [member="Junker Pugn"] himself, awaiting some form of 'yes' or 'no' response, in which case, he could just as easily point them in the right direction.

[member="Zarack Arkaos"]

L3P0 pondered the human’s words as the air-lift descended. Avoiding trouble with the authorities? Hopefully that was simply a reflection of an overzealous police network here. The droid did not know much about the Galactic Alliance, or even whether the Galactic Alliance was in charge the last time it visited Eriadu. It had learned since then to keep much closer tabs on all kinds of politics since things had a habit of getting bigger, and badder.

But L3P0 would not take the human for a fool. Simply stating that was not going to cut it. Humans needed demonstrations to build trust. Working through various permutations, the droid found one particularly disconcerting scenario. What if the human was taking the Jawa and his droid for fools? Droids are trustworthy, but Jawas are as unreliable as the next man. Perhaps worse. In such a case it would count on the Jawa's speed and ability to hide. Lighting up the saber never went well.

“Sir, we would enjoy your company as far as you are willing to go. Indeed, you do deserve an explanation. We are following up on a mass abduction carried out by,” The droid paused for a millisecond. It could hardly say ‘Darth Pugn’, that would not reflect well on its current Jawa master. L3P0 continued, “a Sith lord.” That much was true. “We seek to find out whether the prisoners escaped. If they did not, then I imagine we will need to track down their next of kin.” L3P0 dreaded doing that. So much of it was the droid's fault. It looked up at the Jawa. The Jawa was simply staring up starry-eyed at the human. Perhaps that was unavoidable for a creature with starry eyes. The droid had faith like that once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom