Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Clients.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Work work work, this was going to be a bit different. Marek Starchaser was definitely getting his feet wet here, and he wanted to try to do something a bit different, and that was open the doors of Haor Chall to an actual outside contract, not just creating things for the public market and Confederacy.

He nodded, and checked his schedule. The man should be around presently. Pulling up a few designs for transports, knowing that was part of this, he nodded. That was a good idea, see hwat he had, what they wanted, and make it work.

Turning to his sidebar, he poured a tumbler of whiskey and was resisted the urge to grab a cigar. The galaxy really needed a place where Vice was on the rise. Now, about that meeting…

A droid entered the room. But it was not just any droid per say. No this droid was of the Human Replica Variety, but was unique. Unique in that his programming was not code, but memories and emotions and other components downloaded from when he had been a human. Clad in a set of clothes he had made that were semi-similar to those worn by a Jedi he approached Marek. "Hello Marek. I hope we can do business today. Our first order of business is procuring me a big ship, big enough to hold some of the droids I have in mind to produce and sell. I'll also need to hire employees and eventually expand across the galaxy, but that can come later. I am also in the market for a Lightsaber." Jeff was not one to mess around with potential clients. He did not like to beat around the bush, but preferred to cut right to the chase.

Corey's OOC

Being the Foreman of the Techno Union meant Marek Starchaser had to deal with all forms of beings. And really, being from the Rim he had met many different beings. And near humans were some of his favorite. They added a flare of the exotic. Which made him chase thrm more.

Wasn't like he was laying with a sarlacc.

But HRDs. They bothered him. Looked like people but no sense in the Force. Just make them look like other droids. Snapping into business mode already? He grinned at the droid. "Care for a drink?" Yes he was listening. "One step at a time." He indicated the seat and pointed to the bottles of spirits. "Drink?"

Mainly because HRDs didn't and that bothered him.
[member="Jeff Solaris"]

"Business before pleasure, at least for now. The alcohol and my circuitry would not agree with each other, and so I must for now avoid it."

Jeff paused for a moment, before examining the individual. The person did not look like an inventor per say, but that could change in a heart beat. The main idea was that Jeff was soon going to have a ship he could actually use. The Tachyon Light Freighter while good simply was not powerful enough to serve his purposes. It lacked cargo room for one thing, which he'd need if he built ANY amount of droids. Droids were something he planned to produce a lot of, but he'd have to get a Factory first to help him build them. There were many concepts he had in mind.

"You know, I used to be human. "

There was a brief pause by Jeff.

"I do have a lot of science ideas, and hope we could go into business together."

Corey's OOC

Ok, so he was one of those. Work before a bit of chitchat. He nodded. Whatever, if that was how he wanted to do it. The Tony Stark wannabe Foreman nodded and poured himself some whiskey over ice. "Suit yourself." He grinned in a playful tone before nodding and taking his seat again, behind the desk. Taking a sip, he decided what the hell, and reached for his cigar, cutting and lighting.

"Alright, so you've got a big list, lets work it one step at a time. Myself, I work for Santhe Corporation, our specialty is small craft. There are a few designs from my subsidiary, Haor Chall, that could be of use." Powering up the datapad and scrolling, he slid it across the desk to force the Terminator HRD to sit down. Okay, Ultron, your move. "See if any go in the direction you're looking."

And he used to be human, Marek took a sip and nodded. They would handle the droid and lightsaber request later. That sort of thing was not his specialty, but if the being before him wanted to use Techno Union facilities and technology sharing, there was going to need to be a contract for no war against the Confederacy, or the other companies of the Union, which just so happened to include a lot of Marek's personal friends.

This Mister [member="Jeff Solaris"] was really a go-getter. That could be good, or bad. Marek knew that business needed to roll with the punches, for one.

He could put the droid in touch with the right people. And that was as far as the Corellian was able to go.

Life often threw you curve balls. As a side-effect of being an HRD he had absolutely no connection to the ability known simply as the "Force" but did not care one lick about it. While it was true it could speed up his experiments and droid creation, he had no desire for such power. It often drove people insane, something he personally did not want to happen. When the datapad was slid across the table Jeff took his seat and started to rifle through the designs on it. There had to be a ship with enough cargo space. Finally he looked at them and chose a heavy freighter. "This will do as my starting ship, for now anyway. Later when I have more credits and time, I'll work to get a battle cruiser."

Jeff paused for a moment and looked at Marek. Earlier he had done a background check of sorts on the individual and learned the person had connections to the Confederate Independent Systems, and a few other groups. So likely the individual would insist that there would be a no war contract between said groups and Jeff, before any sort of arrangement for the light-saber or droids could be made.

"As long as the Confederation of Independent Systems does not attack me, I shall not attack them. You have my word on that. I will however put a small failsafe into my droids, just as a precaution really. "

Jeff did not elaborate on the fail-safe, because he did not know what it could be yet.

Corey's OOC

[member="Jeff Solaris"]

No connection to the Force bothered Marek, and droids weren't any different. Well, he could grab their electric pulses and rip that from them for power to himself, but probably not the best course of action. Seeing the ship design HRD picked out, he nodded. That was one of the products they could have Haor Chall design and start producing. "Starting small is smart, can always get something stronger later. How many are you looking for, for your initial purchase? Or do you have any futures contract you're hoping for?" He could take that, a bit of money down, and he'd lock that design for the Droid.

Right, was he being racist? Probably. He wasn't even sure this unit had a soul.

Lucky for Marek, most of his past wasn't on his CV since he joined the Techno Union. Business deals, corporate jobs, those were there, but the side jobs? Not really. The jobs where he was skipping around the galaxy, doing what he wanted, the contacts he had with his Master? That was kept quiet as well. No need to scare everyone into thinking he was a Sith looking for power. Just a bit of passion. Not that he was getting it here.

"So long as you don't give us a reason to hunt you down, you'll be fine. But yes, that will have to be taken up with military acquisitions, as we don't handle all the specifications here at the Techno Union, and a few things do get dictated to us by the gun toters." Not that it was a problem for him.

There would be no reason for them to hunt him down. Jeff would make sure of that. Granted as he did need the credits he'd soon be getting a few agents of the One Sith captured, so he could take them to the republic. And perhaps vicaversa. Nah. He wouldn't do that. Not yet anyway. But for now he had to focus on the matter at hand, the business of his ship. "Presently, I'm looking for 3 of them." This was because he most definitely would need the cargo space, plus having a backup to his ship if it was destroyed was always a good idea. "So, how much will I need to pay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom