Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Modification Requests

Currently the template for a modification request to the Technology/Vehicle/Starship section is as follows:
i.e;
Submission Name: Test
Link to Submission: Link Here
Summary of Modification: Production changed, affiliation changed, development thread added
Reason for Modification: To change production due to demand and provide this to a faction.
Modification: Insert Spoilered template with changes already made here
However I - I suppose the factory staff - started adding Modification logs to each submission following each edit (as noted in the procedures for making modification requests, which I wrote up and posted here). There's nothing wrong with these logs, and I certainly don't want members to get the idea that they can influence what I have written down in them, but this takes a good chunk of time to do when you consider how many modification requests I usually do each month. This isn't an issue for handling one or two requests, certainly, but stating the original & new version of the requested changes takes quite a bit of time when handling 10-20 requests at once (because I have to retype these logs each and every time and there's no real way for me to make it easier on myself).

Rather than decide to simply get rid of these logs, which help to make sure that we know the submission wasn't just approved with the requested changes and so we know exactly who made those changes and if something got snuck in (because we/I add a quote of the original content of the submission and the change made for that specific modification for each log), I'm going to suggest/propose/request that we either add another field to the template or alter an existing one for the submitter to post the original content that is being modified in a similar fashion to how they post their Modification: field.

Example:

i.e;
Submission Name: Test
Link to Submission: Link Here
Summary of Modification: Affiliation changed
Reason for Modification: To change the affiliation to a new faction because I joined them
Pre-Modification: Insert Spoilered content before changes
Affiliation: My faction
Modification: Insert Spoilered content with changes made.
Affiliation: A new faction

[member="Cira"] [member="Raziel"] [member="Jamie Pyne"]

The idea is that we/I/whoever can make the time writing out that modification log for each modification take up less time by having the information (pre-mod and post-mod) readily available from the person requesting the modification. Obviously we still would need to make sure they aren't trying to alter the stuff in the "original" spoiler, but it would then become a matter of copying and pasting the contents of both spoilers into the modification log rather than finding each portion and writing it down/copying/quoting and then modifying and then copying/writing that down/quoting.

The only alternative to this I can think of is just copying/pasting a copy of the entire submission pre-modification and then the entire submission after the update, but the idea behind the log is to make it as easy as possible to find the changes made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom