Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family Matters [Open to Ticons]

Diego stared with rapt attention as Manamune sliced the table in two. He let out a low whistle and grinned. Diego liked weapons, and he'd never seen anything quite like a Sith longsword or Keira's slick-looking lightsaber, but wiellding a weapon like that was definitely on his bucket list.

The swoop biker answered Manamune's question with a shake of his head. "I've been saving up for a ship myself. A few more, uh, jobs, with my organization, and I'll be getting one for sure." Diego didn't want to mention his gang activity quite yet. Not that his family seemed like the type who would bat an eye so far.
“What about any of you?”

[member="Manamune Ticon"] [member="Jinxer Ticon"] [member="Keira Ticon"]

All she had to say to Diego's uncertainty as to whether anyone would be willing to take him on as a student was a shrug and a small smile. "I think you'll be pleasantly surprised once you get out there, then. I managed to stay a Jedi for the majority of my teenage years, and things didn't turn out too bad. Granted, when I still called the Temple home, things were different. I think you'd be better off hunting down another rogue or someone who doesn't follow either of the specific Orders. The rules just take the fun out of things."
The conversation turned to piloting, or rather, ships, and Keira shook her head. "I don't fly, usually. I'm not particularly good at it, for one, and I'm not too keen at dying in a crash anytime soon. So unless I have a particularly good reason to purchase a ship, I'll stay content with either walking or hitching a ride on this or that transport. The Force is more than a tool to be used in battle, after all." A small smirk accompanied her last statement.
She studied the array of weapons on the table with a slight smile, unsurprised at the armaments the other Ticons had on their person. It wouldn't come as any kind of shock to her if they had more than that with them that they weren't too keen on revealing. Unfortunately, or perhaps more fortunately so, depending on one's point of view, her saber was the only weapon she had. It demanded remedying, but so far nothing much else had caught her eye. A blaster didn't fit her idea of precision, and whenever she looked at any other blades she was always drawn back to the lightsaber.
With another smile she looked to Diego. "Pray tell, what jobs?"

[member="Manamune Ticon"], [member="Jinxer Ticon"], [member="Diego Ticon"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Manamune was, quite literally, a walking armory, but she'd leave that part out.
"Well, child, you should probably know that transports are one of the most dangerous forms of travel. Frequently used gear can malfunction. Civilian pilots can make mistakes. Pirates can attack."
The comment that [member="Keira Ticon"] made about the Force, to whomever or whatever it may have been directed at, flew over her head since she hadn't been able to use the Force properly in seven centuries.
The mechanical woman then turned her attention back to [member="Diego Ticon"].
"Well, well, I certainly don't hope you work around here," she jested. "As fate has it, I have my own ship, and I could use a hand or two. It's parked in the Upper City skyline."
Manamune was actually quite eager to return to the Cat-o-Nine shuttle, as synchronized HoloNet transmissions from its array to her network address via her antennae prompted her to a new job offer bringing contraband into Coruscant.

[member="Jinxer Ticon"]​

Jasper Felinus

Rock Kitty with tenure at the U of F
I nodded, empathizing with Manamune's apparent contempt of public transports. The only pilot I trusted was me.

"Like I said, I've got a freighter myself. The Horned Queen. Beautiful old bird, and fast. I never feel so alive as when I'm flying, eh?"

I laughed at the idea of working down here, in the worst part of Taris.

"I mean, you go offplanet sometimes, right? Colap couldn't have just ditched you here."

[member="Manamune Ticon"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Diego Ticon"]

Diego lowered his voice as he answered the ladies' questions.

"Right now I'm working for the Lower City Renegades, one of the bigger gangs here on Taris. It's a little bit of this and that. Sometimes I keep my hands clean. Sometimes its wetwork." After witnessing Jinxer drop the Nikto earlier, he figured he was in similar company.

"I've been with the gang since I was twelve." The handsome thug smirked. "Not sure how easy they're gonna make it for me to leave, but honestly, I'm looking for a way to get off this fething rock." He smiled at Manamune. "I ain't a bad pilot, but I'm better at other kinds of work if you catch my drift." He shrugged. "I dunno what you had in mind."

[member="Jinxer Ticon"] [member="Manamune Ticon"] [member="Keira Ticon"]

Keira made a note to be certain she hadn't accidentally or perhaps purposefully instigated any encounters with that particular gang. Though usually fairly decent at avoiding fights, the few minor confrontations she'd managed to find herself in on the way to the bar didn't end peacefully. And if she had managed to make the wrong person mad, which could sometimes be a talent of hers, there was always making amends. Which could either end up turning out very good or very bad. From what she'd witnessed of Taris, she would have bet more credits on the latter.
The rogue looked to [member="Manamune Ticon"]. "If you're looking for a helping hand, I wouldn't mind. It's been awhile since I've managed to find any jobs worth noting. But with all of us here in one spot, that might just change."
She looked to [member="Diego Ticon"] now. "So in other words, all of the interesting and none of the boring. I think you have me beat in terms of tales to tell. I can't think of anything that's near as eventful as having run with a gang for the better part of your life, unfortunately." A small smile turned up the corners of her mouth. "Unless, of course, you're interested in hearing about anything involving the Jedi. Which I wouldn't be, really. Nothing too interesting went on, until I decided to walk out, and even then it was quiet. Everything you'd expect from a group of peacekeepers, I guess. But they aren't without skill."

[member="Jinxer Ticon"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
'Wetwork.'
Manamune smiled.
"Murder isn't nice. You should probably quit immediately, while you're ahead. However, if you're looking to use your talents for the greater good and to be paid... I may have just the job for you. I'm a bounty hunter and a mercenary."
The lone droid noted as several heads turned to her in the establishment upon revealing her primary careers. She knew the people in crapsack towns like these weren't very fond or appreciative of either, but part of her wished someone would be brave or stupid enough to step up.
"As for the LCR, say the word and they shall no longer be an issue."
Manamune had two things in plenty; ammunition and contraband. Which one she'd expend depended entirely upon how much [member="Diego Ticon"] cared for members of the swoop gang.
"To be honest, you're all invited," she happily announced. "Besides, I'm sure you're all just as eager as I am to get out of this grim town."

[member="Keira Ticon"], [member="Jinxer Ticon"]​

Jasper Felinus

My eyes widened, and I tensed up. The Lower City Renegades? I'd just killed most of them. They'd attacked the Queen, and I'd put them out of my misery.

"I hate to say this, Diego... But I think the LCR is just down to four people. Including you. Apparently, they don't like it when spacers try to land down here. In fact, the brave soul who sent me on the Window Express was a hired gun for 'em. I'm sorry, really."

I looked up at Manamune, and shrugged.

"I honestly didn't know... Probably still would've shot at them, though."

[member="Manamune Ticon"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Diego Ticon"]

Diego shook his head. He hadn't recognized the Nikto that was unceremoniously murdered by the Zabrak Ticon. The poor dead soul must have been either new fish or just a bit player.

"Well kark me gently with a vibrosaw, now I'm definitely gonna to have to leave Taris after being spotted with your horned ass." He looked at Jinxer with a grim expression. The Lower City Renegades had practically raised him, but had always made one thing clear. Were Diego ever to cross them in anyway, he'd be flayed alive. The silver-tongued thug could possibly talk his way out of it, but it might be best to haul jets off Taris either way. At least until any dissonance that Jinxer's little shooting spree caused had calmed down.

Diego turned towards Manamune. "Where did you say you were going next? I gotta make a stop on Corellia. If you're headed that way."

[member="Jinxer Ticon"] [member="Manamune Ticon"] [member="Keira Ticon"]

Taris: Lower level

Jinxer Ticon Manamune Ticon Keira Ticon

It was then that Soulfire came in. Dark waves of energy emanated off the man as he strode to the bar and sat down. His white cloak billowed in the cool breeze of the fans and he spoke to no one. Except the bartender.

"Oy barkeep, fetch me some ale!"

The bartender looked at him weird and this angered soulfire. With a gusto he flipped back his hood and flashed his black as night eyes at the man.

"If you value your life, you'll be quick about it!"

Lisa had been at the bar for some time. She was something of a sneakthief and rogue killer. As the group gathered she crept closer, large silenced slughtrower sniper attached to her back. At her hips were twin poisoned daggers. On her back a pair of silver hilted green sabers were attached in parallel pattern to each-other.

She had gotten the invitation but preferred to observe and then introduce herself when the moment was right.

From the shadows she stalked towards the group, gray- green armor glistening with a dull sheen.

"Nice weapons, but I'm pretty sure I got you fools beat."

Ah Taris. A lovely place to Colap, since he loved scumholes. As the nasty grimy citizens walked to and fro he fit right in, grease stained coveralls with a tan shirt today. In his left hand a flask of Corellian whiskey and between his lips a fat ass cigar, blazing calmly away. As he gunned the swoop bike he'd stolen down the street he squinted against the wind and took another slug of his whiskey.

"Alright! I'm gone!"

In no time at all he came racing up to the bar and jumped off the bike, letting it slam into the rest of the parked vehicles. Colap laughed hard, watching as metal and smoke went everywhere.

"Frak it, didnt belong to me anyhow."

Then he walked into the bar where his supposed family was meeting, entirely utterly smashed and raised his arms high, whiskey sloshing down his forearm to his bicep.

"Oy, where dem family at!"

As the others conversed Keira let her attention wander briefly, just in time to greet three other Ticons as they entered the bar. Or at least, she assumed them to belong to the family. One of the two men she definitely recognized as [member="Colap Ticon"], who had apparently been doing plenty of drinking before even stepping foot inside the establishment. It wasn't something she was entirely surprised about, but it made for a bit of a spectacle regardless. Not bothering to raise her voice to be heard over the din she simply raised her hand and whistled sharply to get his attention. With any luck, even in his current state the man would make his way over.
Next she looked to the other woman who had walked up, studying the weapons on her person for a moment before speaking, with a small smile, "I don't think it takes much to beat one single lightsaber, but it's not a bad collection, regardless."
Now she glanced to the man who had come in first, not one she recognized but definitely a person who demanded attention. It wasn't difficult for one to sense the dark energy that radiated from him, even without the Force to aid them. No matter which side of the Force he was attuned to, the man still proved to be one to watch, more so if he was a Ticon. Perhaps there was more to her family than she'd originally been able to find.

[member="Lisa Ticon"], [member="Soulfire Ticon"], [member="Diego Ticon"], [member="Jinxer Ticon"], [member="Manamune Ticon"]

By the Maker it couldn't be! Diego hadn't seen the man since he was a boy, but there he was in the flesh, his big brother, [member="Colap Ticon"]. "I can't believe you showed, you bastard." He got up and gave Colap a bear hug, grinning at Soulfire and Lisa. The Ticons in the bar were multiplying faster than Endor bunny rabbits.

The young biker ordered another round of shots for the table and grinned. "How's it hanging Colap?" Then seeing no glimmer of recognition in the man's eyes, he said, "It's me, Diego! Your baby brother!"

Then out the bar window, Diego spied a swoop bike turned on its side. Frowning he said, "Hey, is that my bike?"

[member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Colap Ticon"] [member="Lisa Ticon"] [member="Soulfire Ticon"] [member="Jinxer Ticon"] [member="Manamune Ticon"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Manamune was half-way into mouthing to tell [member="Diego Ticon"] that her next assignment was to Coruscant before others arrived. One of them even appeared to be another Ticon! She looked over to the window frame to see the rows of bikes, knocked over and smashed.
"Don't worry. You can have mine. But you'll owe me a job."
She casually winked at Diego.
"Sure. You win. I'll just be putting this little thing away," Manamune bluffed, pulling up the Sith longsword Jentyuk-kaar, slowly sliding it back in its taozin skin sheath.
It's aura before entering its protective case on the droid's back would have drowned out [member="Soulfire Ticon"]'s in all but a moment, the product of a Sith Magic mastery spell inscribed within by a lord and a high knight.
"I would more than love to stay and talk, but I've got to get off of this rock soon. I need to be on Coruscant within the week."
She'd wait for anyone's response, to see if they'd tag along. With any luck, they would all accept, and there was certainly enough space in the Cat-o-Nine between the crew chamber and cargo hold to fit them all for a ride.

[member="Keira Ticon"], [member="Colap Ticon"], [member="Lisa Ticon"], [member="Jinxer Ticon"]​

Jasper Felinus

Leaning back in my chair, I grinned jauntily at the woman who'd been hiding in the shadow.

"If only we weren't related... Anyway, you haven't got me beat. Got more knives on me than a circus performer."

I glanced up at the who'd identified himself as Colap.

"Hi, there, Colap. I'm Jinxer. Either your uncle or your cousin, but I'm not sure which."

Now I glanced back at Manamune.

"I'll fly with you. I'm overdue for pissing off some Core authorities."

[member="Manamune Ticon"] [member="Diego Ticon"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Colap Ticon"] [member="Lisa Ticon"]

Knocking back another shot and slamming the glass down on the table, Diego smiled at Manamune and Jinxer.

"I'm game to tag along, Manamune. Especially now." He glared at his cousin Jinxer. "I dunno if I'm the kinda guy whose gonna be able to be stuck up in space for long periods of time, but I'll do whatever ya need me to do to pay for a ride to Corellia. And I'd be glad to help out my Ticon sis on the occasional job here and there."

He grinned, "Like I was telling ya, my piloting is well, let's just say I hope you have barf bags ready. But if you need some heads busted open, I'm your man."

[member="Jinxer Ticon"] [member="Manamune Ticon"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Colap Ticon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom