Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order of the Silver Jedi

An alliance of Jedi and their beneficiaries seeking to restore peace and stability to the galaxy.

Share This Faction

Quick Overview

Category
Light Side
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Dominion SSD goal

So those of you who are in chat probably have seen that this month we're trying to get an SSD. Figured I'd post up a thing and explain the goal and all that. So we intend to make a large vessel for purposes other than military, humanitarian SSD!

Anyways I figure I'd share what I have so far, which is really just an outline. The concept that I want to try here is a community made sub. So basically I'm going to throw out my ideas and then we can brainstorm a bit and expand upon it. After a week or two depending on whats been posted I'll open up the article so to speak with little bullet point subjects that players in the faction can write (with credit given in the sub) and add onto the sub.

So far what I've got.
An Image

Concepts:
I was thinking the ship would contain multiple systems like;

Medical facilities
Farming and food production
Search and rescue craft bays
Maybe clothing manufacturing facilities (perhaps linked to farming)
What else would we need in the event of a natural disasters?

So in addition to all this I'd like a discussion about the ship stats. Do we want to make this vessel completely unarmed? Should it fast or rely more on hangars?

So since getting an SSD is very much a faction activity, so I figured I'd make this processes open to members as well. I can't wait to see what idea's you all come up with in the coming few weeks.

Similarly to what Caden said, being able to provide people with shelter seem like a very good idea. IRL, we set up a lot of tents (often on the more robust side) where people can live when they are displaced for longer periods of time. Perhaps some heat generators would be good too, if we are to help people on colder planets and energy generators are good in general.

To me, it seems sensible to primarily have the SSD be capable of sending aid down onto the planet whilst only the ones who need medical treatment with more advanced equipment and those who are the most vulnerable are taken aboard the vessel. At least it seems like a good way to help as many people as possible.

So, perhaps abnormally large storage capabilities. Might be worth mentioning specifically that it has cooler storage facilities for food and medicine. Having some toys around would be great to help children take their minds off of whatever they are going through.

Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser and Caedyn Arenais , molecular furnaces don't necessarily just have to create metals and metallic objects (not that it's a bad use for them), but they could be used to create fuel, soil, basic chemicals and elements for all sorts of building things. It might be interesting to see where we can even take that concept with some work - maybe even synthetic bacta production, for example.

Here are some other similar, potentially useful technologies:
- prototypers
-Duplicators
-garment-fabricators
-Industrial grade Food Synthesizers
-Solid Fuel Converters
-Plasma Forges
-Self-Regulating Droidmakers
-Solid Fuel Converters

First off, I really like this idea. The image is great as well. Two things I thought of:

From the vibes of this ship it seems like a vessel that could aid in planetary evacuation in the events of an attack (For example, and invasion.) I think a large area of beds, cots, restrooms, etc should be set up for those people.

Secondly the big panels coming off of the ship, could those be used as solar panels? Maybe make the ship self-sustaining for power? Or maybe some solar-based weapons?

Just my two cents

Alright we're moving on into the next phase for this. In a minute I am going to post up a skeleton of the article with sections underneath of description where people can adopt a section to write. In addition I am open to talk about actual stats of the vessel (beyond what I wrote).

I'm also looking for small ships to house within it and make a compliment. I'm looking for articles that are up to date with the current template with no broken image links. I am looking for ships and vehicles new or old to make up the compliment of the SSD which I've temporarily named Sanctuary (name is obviously up for debate).

So what small ships am I looking for?
Search and rescue bird.
Ambulance
Construction vehicles, and transports for them
Really anything else you all can think of?

If anyone wants their company to be involved in the construction of the vessel post with a link to your company in the thread here and I'll slap it on the manufacturer. As I said community effort and all that. In addition if there something you don't think is being covered go ahead and post it up. This is an open discussion.

rHaok6p.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a search and rescue platform for the SJC
  • Image Source: [x]
  • Canon Link:
  • Permissions:
  • Development Dominions:
  • Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Silver Jedi Concord,
  • Affiliation: Silver Jedi Concord
  • Model: Sanctuary-class
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Standard Shipbuilding materials
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Crisis Response Vessel
  • Length: 10,000 meters
  • Width: 3,500 meters
  • Height: 3,500 meters
  • Armament: Low
  • Defenses: High
  • Hangar Space: Extreme: 104
  • Hangar Allocations: (This is the allocated amounts of starfighters and support craft (dropships, shuttles,gunships,etc) this submission can hold in its hangar based on the maximum hangar space capacity listed above)
    • Starfighters: x squadrons
    • Support Craft: x squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: Low
  • Speed Rating: Low,
  • Hyperdrive: Yes
  • Hyperdrive Class: 1.0
STANDARD FEATURES
  • (Provide all of your submission's standard features, including non-combat items, here in a list -or- alternatively simply state 'all standard features'. This includes all features that are common for vessels of this class. Please link to all Factory Submissions used. Links: Starship Weapons, Approved Technology, Shields, Engines)
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • (Provide all of your submission's advanced systems, including non-combat items and special weapons, here in a list. Please link to all Factory Submissions used. Stealth technology and other advanced systems may require other weaknesses or reduced ratings for balance. Ensure significant capabilities from systems are included in the Strengths and Weaknesses lists. Examples include: Stealth systems, Advanced ECM systems, Crystal gravfield traps, HIMS, Molecular shields. Links: Starship Weapons, Approved Technology, Shields, Engines)
STRENGTHS
  • (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)
WEAKNESSES
  • (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)
DESCRIPTION
General overview: I'll write this with a little snippet from the various sections and also explain things that may not get touched upon in the other sections.

Doctrine: the ship comes into a system where a disaster has befallen, sends out search and rescue ships and brings back only those who need emergency medical medical treatment or those in utterly dire straights. Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei you might be interested in this? I'm inferring from your above post.

Search and Recovery: Search, rescue, and emergency medical services

Medical: Area for emergency medical services.

Construction facilities: Construction of shelters and infrastructure on ravaged planets.

Hydroponics: Ability to grow both food stuff and materials for clothing and shelter.

Production: Clothing, food, prefab structures, generators? What else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom