Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Sense of Belonging

Hakan Venttuss

He Who Blinds the Sun
The busy skyline of Nar-Shadaa blared as violently as it always did, speeders rushed overhead and the bustling thriving city of violence, lust and crime never seemed to sleep. But that however, did not mean it couldn't be caught unaware. The tall warehouse building was badly illuminated and featured many rooms. A perfect playground of a concrete jungle for those with a knack for 'cleansing'. Such a profession could only be taken up by Hakan Venttuss, a young man with a vendetta for the Sigma Shipyard corporation. A company which once enslaved, killed and smuggled for their booming profits. A company, coincidentally enough which drew blood sweat and tears from the Sith Knight ever since the tender age of 10.

While the slave master was murdered by Lady Kyros but a few years ago, one last obstacle stood between him and the sickly sweet and refreshing taste of revenge the new assassin so craved. Overseeing the deal which put his whole family into slavery. The selfish actions of the corporation would not go unpunished. And whilst the adrenaline rush that hiding behind a pile of scrapped speeders was refreshing. He felt foolish that his talents were not furthering the needs of the Sith, but the needs of himself. It was only fair that he sent a message with his kill. To remind the slums of Nar Shaddaa that the embers of the Sith's burning fury still flickered on this planet of ill-will.

"Did you hear? A new shipment came in today. You ever wonder what happens to them?" One of the guards idly questioned to another. "You're looking way too deep into it." A man with a Mandalorian accent replied, their idle chatter was the perfect distraction for him to make his move.

Suspended above the guards were a selection of spacecraft engines on cranes, ready to be lowered into the fuselages.

"Seriously, you never think about vengeance?" The former questioned his colleague once more. "Shut up and keep patrolling." Huffed the latter, the Sith's moved silently and rapidly with the use of the force, quickly jumping onto the heap of a Light Freighter before vaulting onto the upper walkway above, now to see if they would take the bait. Kicking a misplaced wrench off the walkway the tool fell dramatically, bouncing with a sharp clang against the fuselage of the stripped-down freighter before it. No doubt this was modified for smuggling.

"What was that?" The unsuspecting guard spoke, completely unaware of the third presence in the room. "Follow me." An order came from the higher-ranking of the two, as they explored the scrapheap, a sharp whoosh resonated across the room, slicing the very chain which held the guard's demise, the two guards could do nothing but look up to face their death: A falling ship engine, the heavy heap crushed the two in a purely horrific fashion, but one that could be deemed accidental.

The control room on the upper walkway was in audible distance of the motor falling, a Trandoshan exiting the little door as frantically as he could, only to face Hakan head-on.

Before the E-11 blaster could be raised, a stream of lightning flowed from a sole, gloved hand as burning Sith eyes watched the demise of the creature before him, his skin frying under the intense energy of his lightning.

"Typical." Muttered the Sith, walking across' the corpse he had created toward the control room.

A sole computer was monitoring a test on a large-scale engine, one that could power a Corvette.

Peering at the text on screen it showed a set of controls.

Engine Capacity: 25%...
> Set Capacity
> Shut Down
>/ set capacity 100%
>/initiate afterburners

Hakan had used a testing room like this before, and knew it was possible to run the engines to the point of yielding explosive results.
[WARNING - ENGINE KNOCKING - SITUATION UNSTABLE - POWER DOWN?]

Ignoring the simple request Hakan quickly made his escape, jumping off of the walkway and out of the fire escape of the shipyard, two unsuspecting guards found their heads stripped clean of their torsos', one fell swoop from the silent Knight and they were toast. He sprinted as hard as he could, his cloak trailing behind him as the hooded figure rushed into a nearby alleyway.

It took three minutes before the sound of fire alarms blared through the building. A loud bang ensued, followed by a series of detonations as the building crumbled from underneath, offset by the explosion on the ground floor.

The six storey building toppled, shattering upon hitting the floor, causing mayhem around the streets it laid on.

His work was done here.

"Venttuss to Blacklight. Need a pickup."

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

"Venttuss to Blacklight. Need a pickup."

"This is blacklight, coming for extraction."

Darth Ophidia's fingers twisted among the black strands of hair on the pilot's head as she manipulated the thoughts within. Her puppet spoke and flew as normal, but was drenched in sweat from trying to resist the Sith Lord's invasion of his mind. She stared out of the front view of the ship, beholding the fiery chaos left in Ventuss' wake. Black-painted lips curled into a smile on her ashen face as the ship touched down for extraction. She let go of the pilot's head, which slumped down in a deep sleep.

Placing her hands behind her back, she strode from the cockpit to the entrance and made her stand a few strides within the ship. She stood perfectly still, hooded and cloaked in the dark fabrics of a Sith. Her face was mostly obscured under the shade of her hood, but her eyes burned like a pair of embers in a landscape of ashes. The stare never strayed and seemingly never blinked as she awaited the one who had made such chaos on Nar-Shadaa.

He had been observed for a little while. Not too closely, but enough to sense that this one may be worth picking up. His methods were effective, but they could be refined; he had a grasp of the Force, but still ways to go. On this day, he would kneel or he would have to be exterminated.

[member="Hakan Venttuss"]

Hakan Venttuss

He Who Blinds the Sun
Hakan was glad their facility was not in one of the busier areas of Nar-Shaddaa. Otherwise his whole operation would've turned sour. A sigh of relief forced its way through the man's throat. It was over. The source of so much grief, so much hatred in his life was nothing more than mere rubble and fire. It was almost therapeutic in a way. An obviously sociopathic view to have after having murdered everyone in the slaving compounds, but therapeutic nonetheless. He raised his hood further forward to cover his dyed black hair. Ready to slip out of his little hiding place in an alleyway once the matte-black luxury cruiser made its way down onto the empty streets.

The ship was very high-tech, featuring a state of the art stealth system, sensor arrays and missile launchers. All hidden underneath various compartments on the ships' structure. Making it a brilliant craft for infiltration and surprise attacks. And that was what it was used for.

A film of active camoflage withdrew as the ships' black hull returned to his sightline. A relief. A quick sprint from the alleyway to the ship's on-ramp wasn't anything to be afraid of, but what he saw beneath the hissing smoke of the hydraulic ramp - no, not what he saw. What he sensed. He sensed the kind of power only someone very proficient with either Jedi or Sith arts boasted. He had met three Sith Lords in his life. And the presence this one brought was on par with all of them. But why?

Hakan froze up slightly, his boots skidding along the metal gate for a few inches before he came to a halt. Confused as his burning amber eyes met hers.

He couldn't find a thing to say - or know what to do? His reflexes said to go for his saber. But his conscience knew that was a very bad idea. A fight within a comparatively small ship to an open area didn't give him good odds. Best to wait it out. His body still didn't fully relax, one foot in front of the other with both hands ready to defend himself. The last thing he had expected would be for his ship to be boarded. The fact that she seemed to have done it so easily only added to what he imagined of her abilities. "Welcome aboard my humble craft, my Lord. Seems as if you've made yourself at home already." He spoke with sarcasm. "What can I help you with? I'm a bit busy - as I'm sure you've noticed."

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

She could sense his tension and his momentary confusion, but her expression remained the same until her lips parted to speak. Her voice cut through tension, calm in its tone with a certain rasp to it, like a serrated knife in a corpse-cold hand.

"Indeed, I am aware of your exploits. Your ability to sow chaos is considerable. However unrefined."

After speaking, she shifted her weight and turned her hip so her right shoulder faced him. Her right foot took a step forward, making hardly a sound upon contact with the metal floor. She realised he would likely not come into the ship proper if she did not move. So she tried to draw him in so the cargo bay could be closed and the ship soon could take off.

She took another step and released a hand from the back of her hip. With a pulling motion, the cargo bay of the ship closed. Ophidia then turned her hand to the cockpit and reached out for the pilot's mind in order to free him from his dazed sleep.

"You could be more than this, Ventuss"

Her eyes did not release him, even as she manipulated their surroundings.

Hakan Venttuss

He Who Blinds the Sun
Despite the nasty surprise she had given him by infiltrating his ship, the young man's confidence was unwavering, and despite staring straight into the eye of a superior - a master. He did not break his gaze. Her calm voice was very similar to almost every Force User's, confident, tact. But hers seemed to possess an undertone of malice - a much colder tone. "Not one for fireworks then?" He grinned at her, white teeth glistened as he walked to approach her. His stance relaxing.

"I wish not to insult your proficiency with the Force. But I'm very surprised you know of my identity. It's certainly flattering." His expression turned to a sly smile - finally. He had found another Sith. The first he had crossed in a couple of years. His expression however became a pensive one when he reflected on him becoming "so much more". That's how he seemed to feel. The young man felt lost, left alone with his new abilities.

His boots moved silently along the metal floor of the craft, finally deciding to relax with the presence of this powerful entity. This feeling the Force gave him - as if she had a certain aura of pure malice. Of everything the Sith stood for. It was a presence he had certainly missed during his many travels. "I feel lost, my Lord." The robed Knight spoke very simply. "I'm unsure of where to turn to. I wish to make my mark on the Galaxy, yet I cannot find my path. Despite years of meditation. I believe that shipyard which has caused me so much grief in my past has clouded my judgement." He spoke honestly. Lying was pointless, she was so in tune with the Force any hint of the inner flame which burned within him was something she'd be able to detect.

"I assume you're here to either offer me something." He could somehow sense the light at the end of the tunnel. Was this a start to a new era for a youth so troubled?

The craft was smooth in every way it moved, from the take-off, to its' rapid ascent out of the planet's atmosphere. A film of active camo wrapped its' way around the ship's form. "Afterburners at peak efficiency. Preparing the jump to Lightspeed." The engineer spoke calmly through the tannoy, the craft shaking gently as it jumped through - Hakan's balance still flawless.

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

A hint of a smile flashed over her lips at his fireworks-remark. Ophidia quite liked fireworks, and there were numerous places she wished to see burn, but she chose not to pursue the topic at the current time. All things would have their moment. As for his name, the Imperial Intelligence Network was vast, and Ophidia had claim to all the secrets she needed to pursue her targets. Hakan may have been a stranger to most, but he could not outrun The One Sith.

"You feel lost, because you are a force without direction."

She turned to face him, taking a step in his direction, but no more. Her hands moved from their position at her back to rest at her midriff, right over left. The index finger of her right hand tapped the knuckle of her left three times, then stopped.

"You seek persons and places that have hurt you in the past because your life is empty without an enemy. It is your nature to fight, to strive, and to assert your power."

A certain passion rose in her voice as she spoke. Her eyes flashed with a searing hatred as she conjured mental images of those who deserved to be punished and those who needed to be subdued. The galalxy was in disorder and the Sith would burn away the cancer that infested every corner of its being.

"I am indeed here to offer you something; I offer you a chance, a choice. I can give you purpose, direction, a battle to fight and an opportunity to grip your fate by the throat."

She did not mention the alternative option, but it was implied. If he asked, then she would say it plainly.

"Join me."

Hakan Venttuss

He Who Blinds the Sun
Her words touched him. He immediately grasped the fact that what she was speaking was the truth. Hakan was not a passenger or a bystander, he was formed into a warrior. To enforce, to serve and to fight. A warrior's instinct could only be unleashed on a battlefield - without it, Hakan felt empty. While he did not feel worthless - he felt as if his presence was often overlooked. A young man with something to prove to the world. He had grit and determination - but no real goal. The expanses of his conscience felt more like a thick fog than a realm of bright creativity. A thick, stubborn fog.

Asserting power was something he didn't have many opportunities to do in his past, but now. That was all about to change - the destruction of the shipyard brought a rush he hadn't felt in a while. Murder. The rush of disposing of "issues" in a ruthless and clinical manner. The surge of adrenaline was almost addictive - even now, fresh from a murder - the young man showed no remorse towards the lives he'd ended in that building. A truly Sith trait.

The mental images flickered, Hakan saw what was now the scum of the Galaxy. Slavery, corruption - rebellion and crime plagued the Galaxy. Hakan closed his eyes slightly, projecting a vision of his past. Where a silver haired boy - taller, and better built than the other slaves, was chained to a light freighter, his exposed back cascaded red with blood from the many scars from being hit with shock batons and chains. Visions of his suffering mother, his brothers and sisters descending into spice abuse and criminal activities.

"I have my reasons for doing what I do. I'm often labeled a broken man from my past." He huffed, seemingly unfazed by the images of his past, even though deep down - they seemed to stoke the white-hot flames of anger that burned beneath. He fidgeted slightly and opened his eyes once more, Moving to rest his back against the wall of the shipyard. His robed arms crossed as he turned to her - stating what he thought of her offer.

"Join you? I'm impressed that you've found me. That's a telltale sign that whoever you work with obtains whatever they desire." He didn't know many Sith factions. Although, the scariest one was by far the One Sith, citizens of Coruscant seemed to preach their atrocities whenever they traveled. He wasn't one hundred percent sure that was where she emerged from. "I've missed being a Sith. I've been somewhat paranoid being alone with the Force - and my demons." The corner of his lips lifted into an icy smile. "I wish to learn and grow amongst the finest Sith warriors the Galaxy has to offer. Ever since I was a hopeless child I've lucidly dreamed of it. You have my assistance."

It had begun. The Knight had accepted the offer the SIth Lord accompanying him had presented - his conscience told him this was the right thing to do. With the backing of the Sith's largest group, Hakan felt for sure he'd grow to become a fine warrior of the Sith. And that his dreams of beheading the scum of the galaxy would finally come true. Yet somehow, he didn't know what to expect. For such a large group of Sith, he knew nothing of their intentions. Only that they have territories on Coruscant. He knew none of the Lords or culture - but that would be soon to change. Because he would lap up the arts of the Sith like a parched cat - after the stagnation that was his exile.

"Where do we set course for then, My Lord?"

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

She accepted the images he sent, surveyed them, and remembered what she deemed to be most important. Knowing his past was key to training him. Right now, he was a loose cannon. His hatred for the criminal underworld was a key to his power, but it was also something she would have to force him to transcend. Being a Sith was so much more than angst and hatred for long-past slights. To be Sith was the struggle to achieve personal perfection. He wanted to learn, this was good. It meant there was more to him than revenge.

"We set course for the heart of the galaxy; to Coruscant and the Temple of the Sith."

She would take him to the core and show him what the One Sith built. Then, she would take him to the places that would challenge him, refine him. She would drag him through freezing tundras and scalding deserts, through jungles and plains of ash. To be Sith was to be perfect, and perfection could only be attained through challenge. Success or death, it was the truth of the galaxy.

"Tell me, Ventuss, what do you know of the Sith? You have been trained, I gather. Yet your training is not complete, is it?"

She walked closer to him before turning and moving to pass around him. She had transformed from negotiator to teacher.

I'm sorry for not posting sooner. I have had a very confusing and hectic time. Now I feel rather rusty, but it would be nice to continue, if you'd like.

Hakan Venttuss

He Who Blinds the Sun
The images of Hakan's mind would be ones he could only dream of erasing. But in a world full of deceit, lies and malice - why should he ever try to forget? It's only in the face of pure horror it seemed that Hakan could truly find who he really was. What else was this broken youth? A slave? His previous actions at the shipyard showed exactly what he thought of his previous life. A mother thrown into the thickest concrete jungle in the galaxy - and an abusive father made gave the 20 year old a very skewed view on reality.

He didn't object to the inputted destination. How could he? Not when an opportunity - a purpose awaited him. And it was do or die at this point. It wasn't by dwelling by his lonesome that he'd run the path of the Dark Side to its' deepest and most intimate confines. "The Sith. To be Sith is to achieve greatness through the mastery of the Dark Side. To live free of selflessness and shackles - achieve victory to better oneself. I believe being a Sith is to not rest on laurels. To be a seeker." He spoke, and then let out a long sigh, his tone not entirely convinced with his answer. "Not complete, no. Most of what I've learned I've had to learn myself." A short huff escaped parted lips, his gaze averting as he sat down upon a cushioned bench on the ship's wall. A lack of guidance definitely shone through like a light through an open trapdoor.

Sorry I took ages to reply to this, some pretty critical moments have happened in my life!)

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom