Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Z-334 "Flesh Cage" Law Enforcement Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Walkins

Fate with a gun and a badge
totalrecall7.jpg

Intent: This is mainly to provide a believable and unique standard of armor for all Republic Law Enforcement character like myself and any others who may wish to follow in my footsteps.
Hero Unit: No
Manufacturer: Murr-Sonn Munitions
Model: Z-334
Affiliation: Republic Law Enforcement
Modularity: Yes, this armor has the ability to be modified to personal preferences such as added HUD features or upgraded armor plates.
Production: Made to Order (Orders restricted to Law Enforcement Agencies.)
Material: Plastoid composites, Light Blaster mesh, Light Blade Mesh
Description: During the rise of the Galactic Republic the law enforcement officers were restricted to chest plate armor with uniforms underneath. However, with the obvious increase in violence, this system of dress code quickly became hazardous to Police Officers who were extremely exposed to the violent criminals of the underworld. This issue became a major political argument between the newly forming Republic and its civil protectors. Eventually it became obvious that the police officers would simply stop doing their jobs if they were not given satisfactory and modern protection that was currently denied to them by Republic legislation. So, the Republic authorized all Security offices to purchase more advanced armor and contracted Murr-Sonn industries to create a light armor that would serve the purposes of Police work without adding unneeded accessories.

The result from this contracting was the Z-334 "Flesh Cage", a police series armor that was made for comfortable and protective wear for Police Officers. The armor utilizes a plastoid composite armor plating system with an underlying blaster resistant and Stab resistant mesh to deal with anything from pistol rounds to shattergun rounds (as long as they aren't point blank of course). The mesh for stab resistance is adequate to stop viroblade daggers and some swords, but is no match for lightsabers or energy blades of similar make-up. The HUD system is linked to a "stupid" AI that works in similarity with the old Republic Commando armor to allow the user to access security feeds, layouts and the holonet in the blink of an eye.. The HUD also allows for active targeting and tracking of suspects, this comes in handy during foot or speeder pursuits as it allows the officer to track the trajectory and path of suspects that fall out of sight for a short time. It allows officers to utilize everything from the Holonet to security footage within seconds, making it the ideal armor for a police officer. Power leggings and gauntlets allow for the officer to move in the armor without being hindered by the extra weight of the armor.

Classification: Anti-Blaster/Anti-Ballistic
Weight: 20kg
Quality: Class 7
Other Feature(s): The helmet of the armor has a visor that is capable of going transparent or simply detaching and folding in half so the officers face is exposed, for those moments when they need to have a human moment with someone. Each set of armor also contains a conditioning unit to provide protection and comfort in all ranges of weather. The helmet also contains an optional voice changer and an environmental protection unit to provide minor protection against tear gas and toxic fumes. The armor itself is protected against most toxins, but would not withstand a military grade chemical or biological attack.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Cody Walkins said:
Power leggings and gauntlets allow for the officer to move in the armor without being hindered by the extra weight of the armor.
Can you clarify the amount by which the power armor amplifies strength? You seem to be suggesting that it amplifies strength by just enough to offset the weight. Accurate?

Cody Walkins said:
It allows officers to utilize everything from the Holonet to security footage within seconds
Is this with links to support personnel?

Cody Walkins

A: Yes ma'am that would be the case

B: If I'm understanding the question correctly then yes, the helmet would have links and comms open to other officers/support personnel

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
I could have been more specific. What I'm asking is whether the suit itself has enough AI capability to find security camera footage and perform HoloNet searches.

Cody Walkins

The suit runs more like a giant computer, it's AI is just smart enough to carry out the commands of the user so most of it is voice and motion controlled. Is that more of what you were looking for?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Almost. What I'm asking is whether it has enough capability to search the HoloNet on its own and find security camera links on its own, or if capabilities like that are routed to, say, a support officer or computer somewhere. What I'm asking is, how intelligent is the suit?

Cody Walkins

Oh, okay I get you now. The Suit has can look up all the information on its own via secure links to Holonet terminals, planetary databases/mainframes ect. In short the suit doesn't need a secondary system or officer to access the information, it can all be done remotely through the suits AI system. It can link up to any Republic planets mainframes with authorization codes that allow the user and AI access to cam feeds and holonet servers. Basically the AI sends signals out to hubs, civilian or otherwise, and then surfs its interfaces.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
While I like the idea, we have a standing policy of 'no Cortana.' Onboard AI of that level has few canon precedents, and I would be more inclined to approve this if it wasn't being mass-produced for police. That's my condition for approval - remove the AI.

Cody Walkins

While I get the "no cortana" I'm not seeing the AI as really conscious in anyway. Perhaps I failed to explain it correctly but its very much like a computer controlled by the user, almost like Republic Commando armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom