Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Shadows Dance by Candlelight

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze moved to get up with her help accepting her hand. " Thanks... maybe this is a bit much at the moment. " Braze offered softly. " Have you ever made... lightning?" Braze queried curiously as he dusted himself off.

"Nothing major, though?" Braze inquired, his curiosity evident in his tone. "I think lightning is somewhat like fire, right? It's essentially plasma, isn't it?" he asked, seeking confirmation while musing over the similarities between the two elements.

Um9wLtZ.png

"Kinda? It's a lot more...volatile. Erratic. I've learned how to summon it, even in huge amounts, but...I still can't control it much. Fire is like a dog, it does what you tell it to, and is pretty predictable. Lightning is more like a lothcat. It does what *it*wants, and you gotta learn to just kinda guide it in a direction." At least, that's what Jonyna had learned through experimentation.

Tag: Braze Braze

"You know, controlling lightning might really be about finding the right balance within ourselves. I think you're right, it's energy that needs direction but also freedom.

I think, maybe it's like being in the eye of the storm—calm, centered, yet fully aware of the energy swirling around. If you can be at peace amid that chaos, maybe you can guide the lightning where it needs to go, not by force, but by understanding and channeling its natural flow.

What do you think? "

Um9wLtZ.png

Jonyna blinked, before shrugging. "I dunno, maybe. It's still a mystery to me. I don't tend to ponder it too much, just kinda trial and error it out. Why you wanna learn how to do lightning?"

"I might eventually try to do it," Braze offered simply. "I feel like I can't train enough to be where I should be. I've been considering different things to add, but figured I should probably focus on mastering my basics first before I start looking at other new fancy things."

Um9wLtZ.png

"Practice only will get you so far. Most of my mastery came from testing stuff in the field, just throwing fireballs at Stormtroopers and seeing what worked."

It wasn't that literal, but she had thrown quite a few flaming punches in her day.

Braze's frown deepened slightly as he considered the implications; gaining 'real experience' was impossible without a genuine challenge to test his skills. "Sounds like it's very much about kinesthetic learning," he remarked, his voice tinged with a touch of resignation. His brow furrowed further as his thoughts, ever analytical and prone to overthinking, began to churn. Layers of emotion piled up, echoes of feelings he had brushed aside before now resurfacing. Yet, with a disciplined mental push, he shelved these emotions once more, focusing on the conversation at hand.

Um9wLtZ.png

Jonyna blinked. "I...don't know what that word means, but sure. If you want some learning without the combat, I could set you up on Cathar and let you just zip around the jungle. That's usually what I do when I wanna test out my abilities and really push myself, without having to deal with getting shot at."

"Oh, I see you just mean 'flying' around with fire..." He paused, mulling over the idea. "I think I should practice a bit more before I try going anywhere. It could be risky, you know, especially in a dangerous landscape."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom