Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Zmej Ren's Battle Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
qACw0zr.png
Image Source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/XOxVl

Intent: Creating a personal suit of battle armour for Zmej Ren

Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Order of Ren

Model: N/A

Affiliation: Zmej Ren

Modularity: No

Production: Unique

Material:
Classification: Battle armour

Weight: 12 kg

Quality: 9

Special Features:
  • Lightsaber resistant
  • Slugthrower resistant
  • Blaster resistant
  • Mag boots
  • Magnetic weapon holsters
  • Insulated armourweave bodyglove
  • Environmental seal functionality
  • Advanced breathing filters
  • Oxygen reserve tank (2 hours)
  • IFF circuitry for identification
  • Holographic HUD
  • Multi-frequency target and acquisition system
  • Holographic vision processors (Thermal/Nightvision/Ultraviolet/Infrared)
  • Automatic polarising and anti-flash blinding lenses
  • Audio and video recorders
  • Encrypted internal comlink
  • Armourweave underlay
  • Enhanced optics suite
  • Enviro filter
  • Sound dampening overlay
Strengths:
  • Highly resistant to damage
  • Capable of keeping the wearer alive in space and other dangerous environments
Weaknesses:
  • Offers no extra resistance against the Force
  • For all the layers of protection, it still has weak points common among armours - namely the armpits and popliteals
  • Not meant for swimming
  • Certain environments will hinder movement
  • Lack of agility
  • If significantly damaged, dents can cause a decrease in motion due to malformed plates
Description:

As challenges and enemies continue to swarm the First Order, those who advance its interests find themselves in need of additional protection, usually in form of high quality armour rarely found among ordinary soldiers. One such armour was made specifically for Zmej Ren, awarding the woman for her faithful, exemplary service and hard work. The suit of armour is articulated and covers the wearer’s body from head to toe, offering extraordinary defence against chemical or biological attacks while proudly bearing lightsaber resistant properties common to phrik. Given phrik in its smelting stage is highly malleable, and can be combined with a number of other ores and alloys – such as the nearly impenetrable impervium - to imbue the phrik's properties with others, the First Order’s most skilled armour smiths produced an extremely light and durable battle armour capable of giving the Supreme Leader’s elite agent the protection her line of work requires. Fortunately for Zmej, the armour hinders mobility only a bit; its weight is evenly distributed across the body, allowing the Ren to retain most of her agility at the cost of joints being the weak points.

A large array of technological functions can be found within the suit, the most obvious installed inside the helmet - from advanced breathing filters to holographic HUD, it has everything a soldier needs to survive and become an efficient killing machine. The helmet itself can retract and reveal the wearer’s face, otherwise it remains sealed. Should the situation require, the armour will become a protective shell capable of keeping Zmej alive in space, though this function is limited by the oxygen reserve tank, thus survival lasting much longer than two hours is highly unlikely.

Primary Source: N/A

inactivechar01

I
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

inactivechar01

I
Zmej Ren said:
Impervium – won two duels in one Rebellion thread
I would need the exact posts/post where these two duels have been won.

Zmej Ren said:
Material: Phrik Reinforced duraplast Durasteel Impervium Armourweave Transparisteel TYI flex-armor EMP/Ion resistant materials Incombustible textiles
There is waaay too much materials. Some even redundant. TYI-flex armor is made with durasteel.

Zmej Ren said:
Weight: 12 kg
With these many materials up there, 12kg is not going to cut it. We either are going to be cutting down from materials up there or raising the weight.

Zmej Ren said:
For all the layers of protection, it still has weak points common among armours
I'd need more detail, at least in the description of what drawbacks it actually has.

All in all, the submission is nice and neat but what I am saying is an impregnable fortress that does not hinder agility/mobility at all. Strip stuff from here and there to give it some sort of balance and this will be good to go.

Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts. I'd be happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom