Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ziost!

Why not? Korriban, Kaas, Ziost and even Malachor! It makes perfect sense to deny traditional Sith world's to Darth Cranky and his/her legions of salty followers.

Subduing the Citadel would be priority number one. It's the castle mentality. Perhaps establishing feelers to those still there. Helping replant trees?

There has been discussion about a dom on Malachor V before if I remember correctly, and it is possible that we will pick it up in the acquisition of Korriban on the map update. If so no need for a dom. Kaas and Ziost I don't believe have been brought up.If we don't pick up Malachor V then there may be a dom going forward for it but the final decision is on hold for now so far as I know. Overall gotta say I like the idea of going after Ziost and Kaas as well. More knowledge about the sith of yore is always fun to loot.

Considering we got both Dromund Kaas as well as Korriban and don't have any other dominions going anymore... maybe we can look at Ziost again? Would be neat to get the entirety of the Sith Worlds under the Sanctum-banner imo.

Indeed, but in the new reality it is very important that we exercise control over members to stop exactly when we have to.

I have concerns that various enemies would love a chance to escalate a dominion we do. Don't be blinded by perceived rewards.

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]
Tier 1 dominions are fine.

No, my concern is that we have certain members here who might be tempted to post more than they should so as to open the gate.

The consequences of such will be immediate expulsion from the faction and the invalidation of those posts.

Ah, thank you for the clarification [member="Valiens Nantaris"]. Like I said I do like the idea, and I re-read the dominion rules a few times along with those for rebellions and the updates, gotta say far less vague than other rulesets I have read in my day.

I am not entirely sure we need to Dominion Ziost or Mal V to be honest. They are both on the outskirts of SSC protected space as it is, and in no danger of any thread of the Sith at this point. Besides if the JO is north of there and might like to expand their space eventually. We don't need to have everything Sith related just because it is there or close by or that we even had that planet once.

I am not concerned with the new rules of Doms so much, even though I still think they are well open to manipulation from members that have their 'fingers in both camps' so to speak. I also do not appreciate advice from 'members' of SSC that only come in here to give us their opinion when they don't even RP with the faction at all.

My understanding of the Dom rules are probably wrong, and the last I looked at them only Tier 3 Doms have the Rebellion rule attached to it. Tier 1 and 2 do not. So I assume they are protected from faction busting in and shaking things up. Unless people begin to post on after the desired post count. I think a faction and their admins should have the ability to choose what Tier they are going for, it would soon put an end to this strong possibility of 'foul play'. ;)

Now surely if we post in the Dom that we are to stop at 100 or 110 if going for Tier 2 that should be enough? I agree with Nantaris, if a member continues on after the request to stop has been issued it would only prove to me that there is meta afoot and OOC influence.

Any way just my thoughts.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Coci Heavenshield"] if I recall the wording tier 2 and above no longer require permission from faction admins to join which makes it an open dominion to anyone to post. tier 2 is more of a reward but more of a risk.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Valiens Nantaris said:
So basically, at 110 posts the matter is partly out of our hands.
At 110 posts a single writer can join and contribute an additional +27 posts. recalculate now for 25% of 137 and that makes it +34(+7). Recal now for 25% of 144 and that makes it +36(+2). Leaving us at 146 of 150.

Meaning, at 110 posts it only requires a maximum of 2 additional writers to join, (at a 25% contribution rate,) to push a Dom into Tier 3 vulnerability. Whoa. :(

[member="Karen Roberts"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Then using this logic a tier one dom is in danger of the same threat? Anyone could join a tier one dom at any point too.

100 posts to 110, ain't much to push it over and so on. Up and onward into Rebellion! :p

Funny thing is, I don't think any faction has begun a dominion since the new rules were introduced. :p

I agree that it is about time we get back into the buisness of dominions, but they need to be more calculated from now on, and only one dominion at a time. Otherwise the risk of potential rebellions and the likes could get out of hand fast.

Ziost, I feel, is not a priority at this stage. I'd be more inclined with worlds like Mirial (homeplanet of the Mirialans) if North is where we want to go next. But more so I feel Voss is too exposed sitting at the edge of our territory. Going for Arda or Osseinium would be prudent, I think.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
well wait [member="Valiens Nantaris"] or [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] can clarify... but tier 3 doms there can only be one per faction or only one launched per faction? If we did a tier 2 dom and a pair pushed it to rebellion, rebellion launched. Then wouldn't that invalidate any other ones in that faction from being done that month?

I might be over thinking it but getting back to dominions woul be nice and more calculated ones could be very good as well.

Honestly, a faction (and it's admins) should have the ability to nominate what Tier they are going for or this is going to get very messy very fast.

Also if a couple of writers want to push a Dom into rebellion then there should be a rule that they are in the dom from the start. Not just come in at the end with the faction is finished at whatever tier they are going for.

As it sits the rules are very open ended. Hard work for reward is one thing, but if it constantly gets undermined a faction will simply stop.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"], [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Coci's right. GA's Belsavis dom is intended to be a tier 3 one since the hex there is packed with planets. It just hasn't reached that point yet.

GR is dominoing Denon, but I think that's a conventional 100 post dom.

I think Mirial could be a good target story-wise since Prime did a number on the planet by committing genocidal atrocities. Shoring up the western border and making the capital less exposed sounds good, too.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] :p

8619_1532.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom