Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Zahat'n'ira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Images: Image taken from here: http://chapterquest.wikia.com/wiki/Prothera

Prothera.jpg

Name: Zahat’n’ira (or simply Zahatnira)

Region: Unknown areas
System: Ira system
Suns: One sun called N’ir
Orbital Position: The second planet from the star, is located in the habitable zone of the system.
Moons: None
Coordinates: O-21 (most likely)
2vafvix.jpg

(the grid which is covered with red colour)
Rotational Period: 21 hours
Orbital Period: 270

Class: Terrestrial
Atmosphere type: Type I

Climate: The climate on the planet is split into three different seasons. The first season, the cold season (Zhzin’t) is very cold; normally the temperature is below 0oC, which means the land is covered with snow. The second season is the rainy season a.k.a the planting season (Chéti’t). Like said, it is rainy. On one day, it might rain, but on the other day, it might be sunny. Normally, on every second day, it is raining. On that season, it is also really warm and the temperature never goes below 20oC. The third season, the warm season a.k.a the harvest season (Wihith’t) is similar to the planting season because of its warmness, but it almost never rains on that season. On the last few weeks of this season, it will start getting colder and the leaves on trees, bushes, etc. start falling down.
Gravity: 1.2x standard

Primary Terrain: Grasslands, forests, oceans.

Native species: Zahati’i (the application will come soon)
Immigrated species: None at the moment, but there have been human colonies.
Primary languages: Their own language Zahati’n and Galactic Basic Standard
Government: Tribal chiefdom
Population: About 2,000,000,000
Demonym: Zaha’d
Major cities: The biggest tribe areas are Zhindhin-n’d, Xahat’ra-n’d and Gyhm’na-n’d. Since tribes always stay in one location, these three are also the names of the biggest tribes.

Major imports: Currently nothing. They have bought technology in their history.
Major exports: Currently nothing. They haven’t exported anything in their history either.
Affiliation: They don’t know anything about the factions in the Galaxy.

[SIZE=9pt]Nature[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: The fauna on Zahat’n’ira is like a mix of different creatures from all around the galaxy. It is not known, how some creatures have gotten to the planet, but some believe they came with the humans. The most common creatures living on the planet are Banthas. There are also many other creatures, including camels, chitliks, sheep, llamas, pigs (similar to the Marrovian pigs) and many other not so common creatures. There are also different types of reptiles and insects on Zahat’n’ira, but they are mostly just similar to the ones who appear on many other nature-friendly planets (for example, Endor). But there are also different kinds of humanoids natives hunt for eating. Most of them are not taller than one metre, so they are pretty easy to hunt. The humanoids are similar to wookiees or ewoks, but they are less sentient and, of course, smaller. The planet’s flora is similar to ours, but there are not many conifers (I’m not sure if it is the right word). They can only be found on the northern hemisphere. [/SIZE]

Culture: Every tribe has their own culture, but many tribes celebrate the birthday of Xalahad-en the Great. They are also similar because of their rituals which they perform on the nights of the harvest season. Both genders are equal on the planet and there are no only-male or only-female jobs. Music is very honoured and the same is with art. They believe that everyone who can make music or can do art is an ambassador sent to the living by the Force. Every tribe there believes in the Force and it’s even more important than people’s own lives. They have their own Force training organizations, but instead of three ranks, they have six and some tribes have even more, but all of their ranks could be put together to form a system with three ranks.
The planet’s natives’ view at the Force is similar to the Living Force, but there are many differences. The biggest difference might be the fact, that they don’t call it “The Force”. They know it by the name “Mother Nature”, because they believe the Force is the nature. They have learned to use the Force to bend nature. Similar to the Shapers of Kro Var, they have learned to use it to control elements. The highest-ranking users of Mother Nature are almost powerful enough to control the weather. The key word is “almost”. They also believe the Force shouldn’t be used for fighting. They believe it is a gift by the Mother Nature. Because of that, they don’t look at the Force as a Light Side or as a Dark Side, but they see it as a green-brown pattern that flows through people. They believe the people who are Darksiders for the majority are just lost, that they have stepped out of the river and have to come back.

The society in the tribes is different. On the southern hemisphere tribes, people are divided into three ranks. The most honoured rank is the Druid (D’ihi’n) rank. The people who have this rank are the highest-ranking members of the tribe. Because they can use the Force, they often do the hardest jobs or simply act as the chiefs of the tribe. The second rank is the Blessed (H’hit’n) rank. The people who have this rank are the middle-ranking members of the tribe. They can’t use the Force, but they are considered as people who can almost use it. Only people who are born at night can have this rank, because night is a very special time there. The third rank is the Normal (Fuhuhu’n) rank. The people who have this are just normal people. They do normal jobs.

But on the northern hemisphere, these ranks don’t exist. Everyone there is equal and that’s why everyone does normal jobs. Their gender, race, (age) and Force-sensitivity don’t matter. The tribes have elected a tribe leader there who is called “chief”. On both hemispheres, chiefs have to do the same things. On every winter, they have to plan the planting season’s goals, they have to supervise the military and Force training, act as a justice and do many other things.

The daily life in the tribes is simple and it’s determined by the current season. On winter days, people just stay inside or hang out with other people. Since there’s not much to do outside, many people meditate and pray towards the altars of Mother Nature. Hunters have to go hunting every day.

On the planting season, people wake up really early to start planting. Everyone in the family has to do the job (obviously excluding ill and pregnant people and too young children (and their mothers)), because by the end of the season, every family has to fulfill their goal. There’s not much time to do other things this season, so they spend the rest of their time meditating or learning Mother Nature. Hunters have to go hunting every day.

On the harvest season, people have more free time. They play outside, hang out and do basically whatever they want again. In the middle of the season, plants should start ripening, which means, that people will have to start working again. Hunters have to go hunting every day.
Technology: The planet is not technologically advanced at all. They still use bows and wooden sticks or staves at fighting. Only a few tribes can use blasters and maybe even lightsabers and the biggest tribe has two speeders and a ship, but that’s all.
History: The planet has been there for a very long time, but it hasn’t been discovered by the majority of people yet. That’s probably because of its location.
It is not known, when the life on the planet start and it’s not known either whether they know anything about Celestials or not, but the natives have lived there for a long time.
In 109 BBY, a human group discovered the planet. They stayed there for a few months. During that time, they taught the natives Galactic Basic Standard and they gave them some of their technology, but after they left, no one came back. The group of humans hasn’t recorded their visit to the planet, so the Galaxy hasn’t heard about them.
In 398 ABY, a person named Xalahad-en was born. Before his birth, there were many independent tribes, but he had a vision. He wanted to bring them all together. It didn’t work out, but he brought the people of the tribes closer to each other. Not physically, but mentally. Before his birth, the tribes didn’t even communicate with each other, but after that, many tribes started having diplomatic conversations. As all tribes are located in different places, they started marketing after Xalahad-en. Because of his accomplishments, she was named Xalahad-en the Great and now every tribe celebrates it.

Diplomatic relations which had come after Xalahad-en soon inspired tribes to form strong alliances. In 483 ABY, most of the tribes were allied with other tribes. The strongest chiefs tyrannically took the power to rule alliances to themselves. The alliances became so big, that the planet was split into two powerful aliances called Southern Tribes and the Mother Nature Clan. But both alliance chiefs felt like they need more power, so a war between two powers started. The Southern Tribes, ruled by N’harod-en the Almighty, managed to gain the supreme power over Mother Nature Clan in 485. But people weren’t happy with that, so the Great Civil War (Fard’had Zad Hen-ed) started in 486. The Mother Nature Clan’s chief Z’hfereh-en the Wise had been killed a year ago, but his son Tehaz-en continued his father’s work as the leader of Mother Nature Clan’s resistance force.

The Civil War lasted for a bit more than four years. In 490 ABY, the independence of Mother Nature Clan was signed by both N’harod-en the Almighty and Tehaz-en. But the Civil War changed the planet’s politics again and many tribes from both alliances became independent. The power of fromer supreme alliances had fallen.

Since the Civil War, no major planet-wide events have taken place due to all tribes being independent again. Tribe relations didn’t change much, maybe only former friendly tribes became more neutral towards each other.
Notable PC's:
  • @[member="Ephyt-ri of Dahega"]
Intent: The purpose for it is to make a home for a species called Zahati’i. It would bring more culture into the game, but will also bring different views of the Force. Because of their not so advanced culture and technology, the people on the planet have a completely different way they view at the Force. Having it all would possibly make the game a bit more interesting.

Hey there @[member="Lilith Mae Lancaster"]

Just a few things; are there any specific fauna (Animals) upon the planet? How are they able to be completely self sufficient (that is, since they're lacking imports does the planet provide everything they require, from enough food supplies to feed 2 billion mouths through to rocks and ores enough to build what's required, etc?)

Could you also build upon the cultural aspects? Specifically their view of the Force. You mention it to be different and a very large part of their lives, but there's very little detail. If they're not familiar with the rest of the Galaxy, also, how is it they are familiar with the theory of the Living Force?

How are they capable of utilizing a weapon such as the lightsaber? (which is difficult enough to learn under the watch of a trained individual) and how are their limited pieces of technology still functional after centuries of use? After all, if they do not make the technology then they would not know how to fix/mend/replace parts to keep it upgraded and working.

Lastly could you add a bit more detail about the society itself, the tribes etc, because I feel it's lacking in this area and should someone decide to roleplay on this planet they'd have a hard time knowing how to portray the natives. (Note, Tribes themselves wouldn't classify as Major Cities, but their location itself could)

Ontop of this could you clear up any spelling/noticeable grammatical errors (just run it through a word processor)

Thanks, Libby.

Edit: I had a little help with regards to sorting the co-ords (don't worry I find it difficult without the grid too) - apparently O-21 is a likely match using the Atlas, but if this proves to be wrong once plotted we can always have it changed.

1. Oops, sorry... I completely forgot to do that... I'll write about it as soon as possible.
2. I'll add details about that also.
3. They don't know how to use the lightsaber. It's just there... Same goes with most of the technology. It is pretty old and most of it is not working anymore. They just keep those things because they believe, that maybe one day someone might come and repair them. I'll add it to the application.
4. I'll add details about that also.
5. I should have read it more carefully after I finished it. I'll try to fix the mistakes...

@[member="Lilith Mae Lancaster"]

No worries, otherwise I like it, it's like a mini utopia away from the worries of the Galaxy.

I'll throw this here so you can see it, I edited it into my post above but albeit a little late:

Edit: I had a little help with regards to sorting the co-ords (don't worry I find it difficult without the grid too) - apparently O-21 is a likely match using the Atlas, but if this proves to be wrong once plotted we can always have it changed.

@mention me when you're done and I'll check it over again.

I can't find anything on the Fauna/Flora. I'd put the Native Fauna into the Native Species section. And as mentioned before the Tribes won't count as Cities. Sort this< and you'll be good to go.

Writing the application in Word is so weird... :D Sorry, I forgot to add the nature description which I added to the Word document... I'll fix this along with the city part.

EDIT: I added the nature section, because I thought it would be even better if I described flora a bit, too. I also fixed the city-tribe problem. I hope this is what you meant.

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

The wording for the Nature bit could be cleared up. I'd also look through the site known as Wookieepedia to find lore-friendly fauna/flora as there isn't an Earth in this Galaxy nor creatures specifically like them.

Thank you for the feedback again! I'll try to take more time to describe the nature a bit better. :)

EDIT: @[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]. The fauna should be a bit better now. I don't know, if the wording/grammar is correct, but the spelling/grammar checker didn't find any mistakes.

Thank you for seeing to the changes, as it stands I'm happy with how this submission has been seen to, and I'll give it my stamp of approval.

Now we wait for someone with a bigger stamp than mine to fully approve it. Nice work, and good luck with the species submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom