Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You're Grounded For, Like, Ever! (Tegs/Aba)

[member="Abaigeal E'ron"], [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Tygara,
Firemane villa.

"Lady Mistress," Hestia said tentatively as she approached Siobhan, who was sprawled out on a couch, reading a magazine.The Lady had been in a bit of a mood since learning about certain events on Tash-Taral, though the household staff had done their best to distract her.

"Yes, Hestia? What is it, dear?"

"Uh, Captain Tempest just called in, my Lady. Her ship has reached Tygara and she's about to land with Aba."

Now Siobhan suddenly seemed alert and attentive. She immediately put the fashion magazine away. "Finally! About bloody time. What took them so fething long?" she exclaimed. Hestia wondered whether this was a rhetorical question. "Aba and Elpsis are so grounded. Tell Tegs, I'll go to the landing pad." Just another day in the Kerrigan-Alcori clan.

Her leg still hurt from the cut sustained on the 'trip' to Tash-Taral, she still had Grand Master [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]'s robe he had give her to borrow. I must get this dry cleaned for Thurion, she thought trying to take her mind off facing Sio now. Abaigeal knew that by now Sio would have heard of the events from Tempest! loud mouth woman. And would not be happy, Abaigeal had decided there and then not to tell of her adventures with Connor at this point either as she had not seen Sio since leaving that night from Etti. As the Firemane ship touched down on the landing pad on Tygara, her heart began to beat faster as she turned to Elpsis.

"Got a bad feeling about this", she jested once more. Elpsis had not been all that happy with Abaigeal either! She puffed out her cheeks looking at her friends dark face. She slapped her tights and winced, before standing up. "Well time to face the music", she walked from her seat to the loading ramp and was met by the light of day. And even though the day is nice, she pulled the grand master's robe around her as if to hide .. it was big enough to do so.
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

[member="Abaigeal E'ron"]

Elpsis was still feeling a bit sulky about Aba dumping her for a big kitty and a couple Jedi. Really, she'd thought they had something special! "That robe is way too big for you. You look so tiny in it. Ain't big enough to hide you though," she snarked, as she got up and stuffed her hands in her trouser's pockets. Tempest had been so nice to give her new clothes. In Elpsis' opinion the Dahomian was not half-bad, though she hoped that Tempest would stick to her promise to put in a good word for her!

After all, Elpsis had worked hard to convince her. Anyhow, she trotted after Aba. "It can't be that bad, can it?" she asked rhetorically, sounding a bit uncertain. Word was that Siobhan had a thing with her mum. Oh, wait, this was not good because it probably meant she'd told [member="Coryth Elaris"].

"Actually I don't know", she turned to Elpsis with a look of uncertainty, "Look I am sorry for running off back on Tash-Taral. But that cat thing was heading in the direction of the someone very dear to me and he happens to be the grand master of the Sanctum, I had to make sure he was alright. There was younglings as well and now that I am Jedi ... well, it is what I have to do". She hoped that Elpsis would understand, maybe one day she would. Abaigeal knows of her attitude toward the Jedi or even the force as her friend was or maybe still does, hold reservations toward them all.

Abaigeal stopped, turning to Elpsis she took her into a big hug. "You know I have not told you this but .. you are my best friend and I love you for it". Her hand raised up and cupped her face with a smile. "Now come on, we might get the lecture of a life time, but there will be food and caf".
[member="Elpsis Kallikora"]

[member="Abaigeal E'ron"]

Elpsis did not like Jedi. Because of reasons! Well, she liked Aba, but she didn't count her one. For one, she did not wear those silly robes all the time. "If he's the grand master, I'm sure he could protect himself from a freaking big cat! Otherwise he shouldn't have the job. Planet full of Sithspawn ain't the place to take a school class on a campin' trip," she grunted.

Typical Jedi! However, before Elpsis could go on a rant about all that was wrong with the Jedi Aba suddenly hugged her. Well, that was unexpected. Elpsis was momentarily taken aback and froze, as if uncertain about how to react. Then she awkwardly returned the hug, holding Aba close.

"Thanks. That, uh, means a lot to me. You're my bestest friend to," she said feelingly, blushing slightly. And I don't want to lose you to the weird Burlap Brigade. Fortunately she kept herself from saying that. Finally she got her composure and turned to walk down the landing ramp. "Ok, this has gotten mushy and touchey-feely enough, let's go."

"True enough, he could, but... he is only human and so has limits", she smiled. "I don't! I am all powerful", she jested to annoy her friend. As they continued to walk, Abaigeal laughed at Elpsis and her reaction and her comments. "Yeah ok, lets go", she shot her a side ways glance with mischief. Her head turned to see if Tempest was near by, she hoped so as her next move would add to the fun she was about to have with Elpsis.

Just for a moment, Abaigeal allowed them to walk on in silence, before her hand reached out to take Elpsis's in hers. Abaigeal began to swing their held hands back and forward, she would have started to skip had she thought Elpsis would do it, but she well enough this would not be tolerated for very long. "Oh.. I can be far worse with the touchy-feely", she shot her a large beaming smile. "La-de-da-de-dar", she began to sing in a most terrible voice.
[member="Elpsis Kallikora"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Abaigeal E'ron"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

A tentative knock at the door.
Tegaea sighed. “Come in, Hestia,” she called. Only this person could make a door knock sound apologetic.
“Ah, ma’am, uhh, the ship has arrived back from Tash-Tarral?”
“And Siobhan has gone to remonstrate with them, yes? Alright, I’ll head down there.”
She left Hestia in her wake. She was always uncomfortable around the woman. It was only because Siobhan loved her brainwashed pet that she didn’t make a fuss about it.

Either way, that was forgotten as she walked down to the landing pad. Moving up beside Siobhan she eyed the penitent trio ahead.
“Good cop, bad cop?” she asked lightly. She had been worried of course at the news, but evidently she was taking it less hard than her wife!

[member="Abaigeal E'ron"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Err, what the feth! First Aba skipped around, then she started to sing. The sound was horrible! Elpsis' poor ears were much abused. "Stop that! Right now," she grumbled, feeling rather put out because apparently the Black Orchid was a horrible troll.

At least she managed to disentangle herself because skipping around holding hands was way too girly. However, before she could say anything else she suddenly found herself facing Lady Kerrigan and Lady Alcori. "Err...Sio, I mean Lady Kerrigan, Lady Alcori, we uh...well. We're back," she said lamely, suddenly feeling very tongue-tied.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Abaigeal E'ron"]

Siobhan, who was evidently still rather rattled, shot Tegaea a look. "This is serious," she declared airily. "They could've died in the bloody crash or been eaten by Sithspawn!" Or they could've been converted by Ferrano's Witnesses and joined a weird commune that forbids blood transfusions.

Anyhow, she made her way towards the penitent trio. Aba was singing, Elpsis was being annoyed and stammering like a schoolgirl brought before the principal. It was kind of cute. "So I see," she said in reaction to Elpsis' last line. "I'm very glad you're both home and in one piece. I was very worried about you."

So far the tone was soft, but now it turned a good deal more serious. "Now care to explain to us why the hell you both took a bloody cruiser to a planet crawling with Sithspawn?" Sio, one of them is your kid, the others is Coryth's and looks up to you. That explains everything.

Well the amusement had ended and in it's place stood Sio and Lady Tegaea. Initially the meeting started well, with the edge of the concern somewhat less but that only lasted for a moment. Then came the question that Abaigeal was dreading, the ship.

"Well, we wanted to sell it. We were to meet up with a 'contact' there .. a buyer but .. err". Abaigeal's brow knitted. "It seemed I entered the wrong co-ordinates and we crashed". She could have sworn she had entered the right ones, something must have interfered with the systems on entry. "But we are fine!", she added quickly, well save for the leg and some other cuts and bruises. Abaigeal did not see any reason to go into finer details, like toxic smoke just about killing them, or that cat thing, or the explosion .. explosions.

"Home safe and sound".
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Abaigeal E'ron"]

Tegaea just raised an eyebrow, but made no comment as Siobhan began her dressing down. As her adopted daughter and semi-adoptive niece spoke she made sure she looked at them as they spoke.

“What greatly puzzles me is a couple of points. First, where did you get this cruiser? Second, why Tash-Taral? Third, why didn’t you take along a more experienced – or numerous – crew? Fourth, in what reality have you suddenly become a master navigator? Finally, did either of you consider the dangers of what you were doing?”
She put on her most stern look. “Really, girls, I expect better from you. Next time I might be getting a rather sad holocall from Tempest rather than her pulling you both back here by your ears. Whilst if you are indeed sorry we will forgive you, we are going to be making sure you get some more supervision until we are satisfied you won’t hyperjump into the sun!”

Elpsis did not know what was more unnerving to her. Sio's clear dressing-down, or Tegaea's more calm disapproval and concern. Her adoptive parents had never really cared about what she did. Then they'd just carted her off to the Jedi Temple because they didn't know how to deal with her. Or rather didn't want the hassle.

Her birth mother, well, she felt little connection to her. This was...weird. It felt like she actually mattered to them. "We, uh, requisitioned the ship at Mon Cal. Pirates attacked, I got captured for, uh, reasons. Aba helped me escape and we took over the ship while Silvers and pirates duked it out," she explained awkwardly. Her eyes were still lowered and focused on her rather dirty boots. For some reason she found them quite fascinating at this point.

Maybe she was wondering which shoe polish to use. "So we...wanted to get some credits out of it." Slowly she raised her eyes, fidgeting a bit. "We're sorry for...disappointing you." Elpsis was used to disappointing people. Such as both her adoptive parents and her birth mother (in Elpsis' opinion at least). However, for some reason she couldn't explain she felt bad about it now.

Siobhan was less calm than her wife. Partly because she was playing bad cop, partly because she was very temperamental by nature. "You...you could've just sold the damn ship to me?!" she exclaimed, feeling like throwing up her hands. "I'd have given you a good price, a hug for stealing stuff from scum and beating them up, and you wouldn't have bloody crash-landed on a planet crawling with monsters. I wouldn't have been terrified that Tempest would bring you both home in bodybags! I was bloody afraid I wouldn't see you alive again."

She sighed, managing to control her redhead temper as she slowly calmned down. Those two naughty girls were going to give her grey hairs. "Both of you are getting some supervision for the time being, and you won't be cruising around the stars without telling us." And they'd have to do the washing up for two weeks!

Well... the S had hit the F.

She stood stock still the whole time, a series of emotions and thoughts running through her mind. From anger that they were angry so much, for making them both feel like they are ten year olds, to feeling ashamed for putting Elpsis in danger, what that that was intended, and for questioning her piloting skills. I am a blood good pilot thank you very much! and she actually was, Iella had started Abaigeal's piloting lessons from the age of five and not just anyone can fly an old A-wing.

"The crash was my fault", she repeated not wanting Elpsis to take the blame for that. She shot a sideways glance at her friend who seemed very taken aback by all this attention, wanted or not. "I am sorry too, we just wanted to make good on our own". And she was sorry now looking up into Sio's face, the love there evident and that made Abaigeal more sorry.

Abaigeal moved forward and wrapped her arms around Sio holding her tight and placing a kiss on her cheek. As she pulled back only enough to see her face, "I truly am sorry. I love you mother".

She turned to Lady Alcori. "Not a great way to start getting to know you is it?". She tried a smile to help settle things..
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"] | [member="Elpsis Kallikora"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Abaigeal E'ron"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tegaea glanced at Elpsis. “Well, so long as you learn from this. However, a certain someone is going to be told about this matter. I am not sure they will be as forgiving as we are.”
Elpsis’ parentage was not common knowledge, but the redhead would have got the not so coded message.

Next to Aba, she found it was hard to get mad with the girl. She was only doing what she had done so many years before. Even though it felt so much different now she was older, she had to think back to what it was like to be young.
“Well, I’m glad to see my latest daughter lives up to the family reputation for somewhat rash daring and courage,” she said with a smile.

She patted Aba on the shoulder. “Come on girls, let’s go inside. I think we’ll all feel a bit better when we’ve had time to calm down and figure this out fairly.”
Ever the good cop negotiator.

Siobhan's reaction just made Elpsis more uncomfortable and guilty. She also felt a bit bad for Aba. Being an empath was a downside in this area. "Aba is a very good pilot. She's damn good with her A-Wing," she pointed out, feeling like she should stand up for her friend.

Then came Tegaea. Unfortunately for the redhead, she had said exactly the wrong things to Elpsis, for the brief moment she paid attention to her. Apparently she was unaware of the fact that redhead had no connection to Coryth. The Jedi Master had given her up at birth and could not claim any parental rights.

So all in all, the coded message thoroughly backfired. "Until a couple months ago, she didn't even bother try and find out whether I still existed. Like I care about whether she's 'forgiving'," she said sharply. "You're not my mothers, this isn't my family. I can find my own place to stay."

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Elpsis Kallikora"] [member="Abaigeal E'ron"]

As in everything, people make mistakes, and in this case it was a mix of in and out of character information. Still, this post is therefore a one-off filler to the normal sequence.

Tempest glared at her boss. She had become if not attached then interested in Elpsis. She didn’t know quite they had been discussing, but it had clearly upset the redhead. Moving forward, she put a hand on Elpsis’ shoulder.
“Hey, want to come back to my place? I’ve got a spare room and I can give you another medical checkup in case you want to fly out tomorrow.”

Siobhan returned Aba's embrace, hugging Aba tightly. "It's ok, dear. You're still my angel." Siobhan's moods were as tempestuous as a Kaeshana storm. Sometimes she was moodier than a Hutt who's lunch had been stolen. She also found it difficult to be strict for long when it came to her family. However, then things exploded a bit as Elpsis unleashed an outburst of redhead rage. Fortunately it did not involve actual fire.

"Elpsis, wait. I'm sorry. Tegs didn't mean it like that. You know Coryth wouldn't think that way. I'm not your mother, but you're part of the family far as I'm concerned." Perhaps the reason Sio was reacting like this was the fact that she had Coryth's memories embedded in her mind. These included those about giving birth to Elpsis.

Confusing? Yes.

Abaigeal was about to move inside as Lady Tegaea had suggested when Elpsis exploded. The pent up emotions pouring out of her she did not keep in check and only now did Abaigeal realise the pain her friend had in her heart. She turned to Elpsis with a look that gave of concern, "Elpsis, you are family to me, you always will be".

Tempest spoke up offering Elpsis a place to stay, Abaigeal did not want her friend to go, she wanted to speak to her and try and help if she wanted to talk about it. But deep down Abaigeal knew her well enough that she bottles things up only to erupt at a later time. Not a very healthy way to be, but a friend is a friend and she will stay by Elpsis's side throughout all of this.

"If you need to go, go", she whispered to her so no one else would hear her. "And if you want me to come with you, I will, just say".

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tempest"] | [member="Elpsis Kallikora"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"] :)P)

((Flipped a coin. Best of three.))

A calmner, more composed person would not have exploded like this. However, unfortunately Elpsis was neither of that. Sometimes being an empath really sucked. Well, actually in Elpsis' experience it sucked a lot of times, though it was useful when playing cards. Or trying to figure out whether the guy who wanted you to smuggle spice for him was going to screw you over. In this particular case it was a pain in the arse because there were so many emotions swirling around.

The emotional burst of concern from Siobhan hit her like a flood and it hurt. To it was added the emotions bleeding over from Aba. It was easier when people did not care. When they just wanted her for a job because she was a good shot or for some fun between the sheets, when she was gone before the night over. Now people were tossing around words such as 'family' and 'belonging', as if they meant it. This just felt...weird and made her feel lost.

She almost jumped when she suddenly felt Tempest's hand touch her shoulder, then took a breath. A good deal of what was spoken washed over her like rainfall as she tried to shore up her mental barriers. "It's ok," she said quietly, then glanced over to Aba. "I'll, uh, stay, if that's alright." She really needed a strong Corellian whiskey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom