Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You're a what? [Dred]

Mercenary work was hard to come by. Well for me it was. Seeing as how I worked part time in a Pub called "The other place" Nobody took my word as a gunmen. Hell, some people even called me a pansy because I would ask people not to fight in my pub. Truth be told, I just didn't want to fix my tables every night. There was only a few people in here tonight. Counting to see what I had, it went up to a good 7 people left. Standing up from the bar I walked over with a pitcher of beer. Telling each one of the same thing. "Last drink round the house."

I would go around and give everybody one more drink before I would close up for the night. "Lillian, go ahead and count the register, and can you put up the glasses for me?" She nodded her head with a smile and went to count the register. Walking into the back, I took off my apron and grabbed my items. Adjusting my holster that held my twin pistols, I put on my jacket that had a large crimson rose on the back of the jacket. Walking back out I nodded my good-by to Lillian and moved to take a seat at the bar. I stayed here to make sure that she did it right though. Walking up to the door I turned off the Open sign and made my way back to the bar.
@[member="Dred Varad"]

The beskar clad Mando sat a lone at the bar perched upon the high stool with his helmet resting on the bar itself. His scarred face was exposed to all as he skulled the remnants of his Correllian spiced ale. The last call was given and Dred ordered another with out hesitation. The soldier liked nights like these, closing time in a cosy nook that provided fine drinks for those that wanted to pollute their bodies with liquid spirits.

Dred had been at his perch for the past hour, just wasting time and keeping to himself as he watched the holo of shock boxing matches. They entertained the Mandalorian for he was a shock boxer himself and he always loved keeping tabs on the competition.

He then raised the glass to his mouth again, taking a long sip of his ale and enjoying the spicy burn it gave as it streamed down his throat. The buzz was enjoyable and the main achievement to such action.

@[member="Zack Danheir"]

All the other people at the bar were slowly falling into a drunk slumber or leaving for the most part. Time seemed to slow down as Lllian took about 15 minutes to close. And with her first time working in a bar, it was expected for her to take alittle while. After everything was cleaned up and put away she left. However, I stayed. watching the last two people. One an Echani that wore a fairly set of expensive clothing and a man wearing full head to toe armor. However, I could see the man's face as his T-shaped visor helm was sitting down on the bar. he took a few drinks and was watching something on the Holovid. I just shook my head and took another sip of the drink that was on the bar.

As if on cue the Echani man left stumbling through the door and as he walked out slammed onto his face. Usually I would help people who fell down when they were drunk. But as this was the last guy and there was still a man in the bar, I couldn't leave it unattended. Letting the man walk off on his own. I groaned standing up. and walked around the bar to the other end where the armored man sat. Filling up his glass to the brim this time. I spoke. "Mind if I ask what you are watching?" I kind of wondered what was so interesting to the man.

@[member="Dred Varad"]

Dred’s attention was taken off the match and placed upon the pub’s employee asking him what was he watching. He wanted to say use your fracking eyes since everyone knew what shock boxing was but that wasn’t the point of the man’s intrusion, he was using small talk to spike a conversation. There was no harm in that and Dred was one to turn away company……that often.

“A shock boxing match!” The mando replied in a friendly deep toned voice. Now to keep the conversation flowing and to find out the man’s intention… “I am Dred Varad” The warrior introduced himself to the employee extending a gloved hand towards him.
@[member="Zack Danheir"]

The man's face was apparent. He clearly thought I was missing my mind. I shook my head as he told him it was shockboxing. I nodded my head as I had heard about a few matched before. The man also told me his name. Nodding I gave him mine. "Zack Danheir. Whose fighting?" Now that I was interested I had to ask. "And um, As much as I see alot of Mercs around here, What is that armor you are wearing?" I had a feeling that the armor was very protective from the design Covering almost all of his body.

@[member="Dred Varad"]

“Jonn Zata from Taris and Ala Sumu from Tattooine…both humans and both good fighters in their own rights” Dred replied with envy in his voice. It had been awhile since he had put a foot in the ring but so are the codes of honour, Mand’alor calls you obey and Dred was a good soldier that followed orders.

The next question kinda stumped Varad as it inquired about his armour. Was this boy sheltered? Didn’t everyone know what a Mandalorian was? “This is beskar’gam!” The soldier answered widening his arms out so Zack could get his fill of the sight. “Or in common, Mandalorian Armour. Why the interest @[member="Zack Danheir"]"

I smiled as the man mentioned both of the fighters. It sounded good now. I knew the general idea of what Shockboxing was. Being a Bartender I saw them often fight, however, I never really payed attention. "Hey man relax. I have seen it before on a few other people, I was just asking the specifics." I said with a silent chuckle. "So your one of the infamous Madalorians. Nice to actually talk to one for once rather than getting grunts on a drink." it was true. Seeing a few Mandos during my job was not out of the ordinary. I knew that they used something weird named for their armor. Lightsaber and blaster resistant. Still Having a conversation with one was rare as a bartender.
@[member="Dred Varad"]

The mando gave a deep chuckle in response to Zach’s experience with his people “True, some of my verd are unrefined but you will not find a finer brother or sister to watch your back. One big family we are” He smiled as he reminisced of his culture “All walks of life but all warriors, all Verd”

Dred took another swig of his drink “ You have family, Zach?”
@[member="Zack Danheir"]

I smiled with a nod of my head with Dred saying that alot of them acted like that, but that they were still family. Then the topic of family came up. I let my head hang and wet my lips as I smiled with a nervous chuckle. "Truly, I don't have one." I knew that the man, even as a Mando can judge people. And telling him that I was from a different world than, where ever this was, I might get a few dirty looks. So I gave him a slight story, still true, but not having all the details. "Well, I had one. They were taken away from me, and I was placed in someone elses care. So I ran away and tried to find work as a Mercenary. Even then, a young guy like me that looks to have no brains, Couldn't find jobs all that well."

I smiled as I took out a glass, poured myself a full one a took a sip to let the "Devil's sweat" burn as it went down my throat and into my gullet. "Yeah, Had one." Looking at the name on the bottle I sat it back down and smiled at the man. "Care for another?"
@[member="Dred Varad"]

Dred wasn’t buzzed enough to lose his perceptive skills and he plainly picked up upon the fact he struck a cord, emotional hurt, on jack. Not exactly where he wanted to lead this conversation especially since Dred himself was blessed to be apart of a culture where one was family just by being part of it. He himself hadn’t settled down yet to make his own critters but that time will come….

“Shame, everyone deserves family….blood or not” He replied raising his empty glass for more corellian spiced ale. “Another glass as long as your not letting me fly solo on this?”

“So you say you are a mercenary and it seems work is hard to come by since you are moonlighting as a bartender. I have one question for you….. Have you killed?” The mandalorian soldier bluntly inquired.

@[member="Zack Danheir"]

Nodding my head at Dred as he mentioned that everybody should have a family. I sometimes doubted that as some people called me stupid and a gimp. Ether way, I was looking for one, but the closest thing that came to family for me was my co-workers, and my Girlfriend, Scarlet. I raised my left brow in a confused look as he asked if he was going to do this solo. Smiling I drank the rest of my glass in one huge gulp. A shiver ran down my spine as the cool liquid sent fire into my gut. It felt good, and it took the pain off of my blaster wound. "You're not alone Mandalorian."

As I was pouring him and myself a new glass, he mentioned Mercenary work, and I was half tempted to say that I didn't do that anymore, though most of it was because of the damned blaster would I had taken in a bar fight a few weeks back. Then he asked if I had killed before. Setting the bottle down, I pulled out one of my pistols, Took the mag out, racked the slide to eject the slug into my hand, and then put the gun on the table for him to see. "Yes, I have killed before." Pointing to the rose that was on the grip of the pistol, I spoke some more.

"My Mercenary Alias was Dark Rose. For a while when the jobs were getting harder and harder to find, I became a vigilante under the same name. I would steal a few credits here or there when taking down a mob boss or kingpin. But in recent, Its harder and harder to climb the ladders to even see who the real mastermind is. So I found a part-time job as a Bartender to possibly here something and get another job, No such luck yet."

@[member="Dred Varad"]

[SIZE=medium]“Aye!” The mando was genuinely impressed with the man’s honesty of his past and what was told it seemed he was a capably man, able to hold his own. An ability that is highly valued in the combat trade. He raised a glass in appreciation and took a long gulp of his ale. Dred Varad then had another simple question to ask, well it was easy for him to ask but it more than likely is a difficult one for the bartender to answer. “Do you want family?” The mandalorian warrior question sharply with his fierce brown eyes staring deep into the younger man’s, as if he was searching his soul. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]@[member="Zack Danheir"][/SIZE]

I smiled and shook my head. With Dred saying Aye, and my story telling, Usually I hid that stuff. I wouldn't tell other people that. I guess I found this man to be straight. This vibe that was around him. It showed that he was telling the truth of his words. Even if he wasn't telling me anything. Taking another drink The man asked me if I wanted a Family. The little kid inside of me screamed yes, longing for a chance to have anybody as a family, yet the adult side of me said no, forcing me to stay where I was because I don't need to be tied down by emotions. Looking to the man I spoke with my mind made up. "Yes, I want to."

@[member="Dred Varad"]

Dred nodded in understanding “Family is not an important thing…..Its Everything He paused to take another long swig, a silent self cheer to his understanding of the word “The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important then wealth and privilege….means no one gets left behind or forgotten”

He turned so that his full body was squared to Zack’s, showing that he was fully focused on him “The mandalorian culture values family above all and family is more then just blood.” He took another quick swig of his correllian spiced ale placing the cup slowly down onto the table as if he was stalling to gather his thoughts….or a plan.

“ I am in need of family, Clad Varad has been decimated over the years of one reason or an other. Usually mandalorians choose family to be adopted by those that earn such an honor by their deeds, those that impress. Today I find myself impressed….” Though there wasn’t much proven Dred was and always has been a good judge of character and he liked what he saw before him, he honestly believed that the man before him won‘t be a disappointment. Dred was also a very blunt and pragmatic man “If you want a sense of belonging, a family and willing to hold such above all then I am willing to provide such. If you want……you can be my brother… be Mando’ad?”
@[member="Zack Danheir"]

With Dred talking about how much family was important, I could see that the man took this very seriously. Not a doubt was shown from him. His face was full of nothing but the truth to what he said. His words seemed to ring out in the lonely bar. Each of his words echoed in my ever perfect ears. When the offer came up for me to be the man's family, adopted brother to be exact, And the shot of being a Mandolorian. or what ever he had called it, I thought for a second. With me being a Mando, I could probably get all the training that I needed, Maybe weapons, and tools for work, and then, I would also have a place where I belong. Nodding my head as he was square with me, "Yes, I'll join you..... Brother." It seemed odd to say the word 'brother' as I haven't really said it before.

Just the thought of being with a group of people who may at one point have been where I was, though not exactly, made my heart beat faster. I took a drink to try and calm myself down, and thats when the questions started flooding into my head so fast, it would even rival a bullet. I only spoke one of these questions though. "Where do we go from here?"
@[member="Dred Varad"]

“Just one thing left” Dred informed as he stood up from his perch and gripped his would be brother’s forearm in the mandalorian custom, forearm to forearm. “ Ni kar'tayl gai sa'vod” He iterated ceremonially completing the adoption in the ways of the mandalorians……short and straight to the point.

“Now we are vod” The soldier grinned from ear to ear giving Zach a manly embrace and a slap on the shoulder. Dred then sat back down on his bar stool and polished off what was left in his cup in a single gulp. “ You are now mando’ad. You are to learn our ways and our language”

Dred then pointed to his empty glass signalling for it to be filled again “Tonight we celebrate, tomorrow we start your new life”

@[member="Zack Danheir"]

Dred told me that there was one more thing for me to do, watching him, he grabbed my forearm then spoke in his native tongue of Mandalorian, and then smiled as he told me that I would now have to learn their ways, and language. I'm sure they had a specific name for the language that I have never heard a word spoken in my known life.

With a smile to match my adoptive brother, he motioned that we needed to celebrate on me becoming part of the family. I nodded as I grabbed the bottle and poured both of us a glass. "I second the motion." My heart raced on how I was now somewhere to call home. Wherever home was, I wanted to be there. With Dreds words of starting a new life, I would have rather said, I was starting a new chapter.

Life was all about chances and risks. If you didn't take any then you were a wimp, or you don't want to live. Here, I was taking a chance at a new life where I could be like the Mandos, as they were known to be very combat ready, and always, always close about their secrets. With the Galaxy at the brink of war once again, I will be ready.
@[member="Dred Varad"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom