Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your first Concert?!

This is simple, tell us about your first concert you went to as well as the best song you heard while you were there.

So my first concert was only last year and I saw several kick ass bands. Of those my two favorites were Dance Gavin Dance and Good Tiger. I went with a longtime friend, Sergeant in my unit, and my bestman. So we were going hard that night. Anyway I had listened to Dance Gavin Dance and Good Tiger before but never live. This was my first time seeing Good tiger live and i was possessed by their music. They are my favorite band and easily have my favorite Vocalist, Elliot Coleman, So they were newer back when they played outside of Atlanta GA and not many people knew them. But we did and we were going nuts to hear them live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cnnuKCVSXo​
My favorite song by Good Tiger played that night.​

Matreya

I cant remember honestly. I was known to drink and be an idiot at most of my concerts i went to...

Well, my favorite was a Twiztid concert in Minneapolis. It was opened by Kung Fu Vampire, then Potluck, before Twiztid. Honestly i feel KFV was definitely not meant to be a main opener before Potluck. He got the crowd majorly pumped, then Potluck fell flat. Dont get me wrong I also like Potluck, but it was just a sad follow up.

Kfv could have done it all himself and it would have been amazing.

The night ended early though as a guy hit another dude with a beer bottle and he needed surgery, plus the Mosh got crazy. Death Wall ended with people jumping and kicking rather than just bumping into each other.

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Dude we moshed so hard at the GA Concert. But I experienced a similar die down at the Black arts festival in TN. They had more B-list rappers coming before the C-list so it really disrupted the flow of the shows. But I'm interested in listening to Twizted, i've only heard like two songs by them.

First real concert I went to was Great Big Sea. Fantastic show. Best number of the night had to be The Chemical Worker's Song. They went into it with way more fun and aggression than the studio version and synched it with some cool pyrotechnics.

Matreya

[member="Adron Malvern"]

I recommend em. Most people hear they are horrorcore rappers amd instantly give them a bad rep. They are both intricate lyricists who just want a fun time.

Matreya

[member="Adron Malvern"]

Exactly. They make fun music to bounce to, some thats more serious and faces real life struggles, than they also go nuts and lose it.

I recommend: Down With Us.

Great song that they just wanted to let loose on.

My first concert was when I was working at the local sporting arena, and that was also the first time I heard about and bore witness to pyrotechnics. Suffice to say, I was so startled that I thought someone got shot - before the fireworks actually started. Turns out someone got a bit ancy and hit the button before it was supposed to actually start.

So, with the funny portion over, here's comes the bad stuff. My first concert was Nickelback during their Dark Horse tour. :/

[member="Damien Daemon"] Listened to down with us. That first verse took me back to some Slim Shady. Expert rhyme master.

Second verse was more tech-9 like i suspected, and It was my favorite to say the least.

The third was his own style but still had that horrorcore feel.
I didn't love the beat but they bodied it none the less. I agree with you on their lyricism skills.

All in all i think i can safely say i'll be listening to more of them.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
Nickelback is great, never understood all the hate.

My first concert was Aerosmith. I remember after playing Dream On, Stephan Tyler just said "man, can't hit those f****** high notes anymore".

First ever concert for me was when I was 19 and it was to see the newly reformed Duran Duran playing in Manchester, April 2004.

I got into them in February that year after discovering they were behind some of my favourite songs like 'A View To A Kill' and 'Wild Boys'. So I invested in their Greatest Hits when they got back together, and then saw more of them on TV, and then invested in their previous albums.

Fast forward from that, I have ALL their albums, learnt to play bass guitar due to John Taylor and even dyed my fringe blonde for three years when I was at Uni.

Since then I've seen them twice in London and once in Birmingham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UXIp_-Tg_o&index=1&list=PL-QYPAh7r9fxxsnZd_y2OGEJsuVtbhBJc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom