Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ylva Solveig's Quiver - Fire, Ice & Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
Ylva Solveig's Quiver
Fire, Ice & Steel

Aloy_9.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a detailed explanation of Ylva's Quiver and the specialized Arrowheads within.
  • Image Source:
Quiver
Fire, Ice & Hardpoint Arrows
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: [member=Ylva Solveig]
  • Model: Fire, Ice and Hardpoint Arrow heads.
  • Affiliation: [member=Ylva Solveig]
  • Modularity: Yes.
Arrow heads can be refitted to wooden arrow shafts, they are interchangeable.
  • Production: Unique
  • Material:
Ice Arrow heads: Liquid Nitrogen, Coolant Cells.
Fire Arrow heads: Variety of Fuels

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Ammunition Type.
  • Size: Handheld - Arrows.
  • Length: 70 Centimeters.
  • Weight: 18 grams.
  • Ammunition Type: Gas Canister and high grade steel.
  • Ammunition Capacity: 2 per shot, 1 for premium accuracy.
  • Effective Range: 56 Meters total; Hard-Point Arrows have a range drop from 56 meters to 40 meters due to excess weight.
  • Rate of Fire: Single action.
Arrow_Pack.png

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Fire Arrows - Explode on impact into a cloud of flames. Objects are caught on fire, living targets perish far more slowly and painfully.
  • Ice Arrows - Capable of freezing targets and therefore slowing them from ease of escape. This is a means of non-fatal capture, as the head shatters and the Liquid Nitrogen is then expelled upon the intended target.
Strengths:
  • Fire Arrows - are capable of igniting dry area's for which the flames may spread. Heavily armored combatants may find themselves protected from the arrowheads yet not from the heat depending on the materials covering them.
  • Ice Arrows - Effective means of non-lethal take-down. Consistent shots however can prove fatal if repeated too often.
Weaknesses:
  • Fire Arrows - Can be extinguished with liquid/water or extremely low temperatures.
  • Fire Arrows - Cannot pierce Armors made of iron or metal materials (Durasteel, phrik, polly-alloy etc)
  • Ice Arrows - Can be dispersed by high winds upon initial impact fracture of the arrow head, or otherwise melted with appropriate heat.
  • Ice Arrows - Liquid Nitrogen is a rare commodity and requires good credits or a well picked apart vessel for stock. Coolant Cells are easier to come by yet produce a weaker result and therefore take double the number of shots to effectively immobilize a target.
DESCRIPTION
The beautiful thing about loosing an arrow is watching it land its mark. Even better should that mark explode into a volley of flames and run about screaming in agony paying two-fold for all the wrong they've done unto others.

These Arrowheads of mine are rather simplistic by design, it doesn't take long to make them yet the resources and materials aren't found as simply as the grain of stripped bark from a tree or the feathers of a bird I've shot down for the tail of the projectile.

Fuel isn't so bad, any person with half a brain knows that most fuels are flammable and thus compacted into a small container and lit upon contact, the results can be rather heated. They're no high-grade explosive by any means but when you see someone being lit aflame and listening to their wind pipe crackle against the heat as they scream out in pain, you know the arrows served its purpose.

Liquid Nitrogren...-Now there's a hard resource to come by. Found mostly in the more advanced of ships or purchased off the market by the right sort of shady vendor, the resource is expensive. I've been forced to trade off with many good furs and leathers for the sake of stocking up on these little ones. After all, not every foe I come across deserves to die, some are just too stupid to know better than to put hands on a woman. Dragging them away into a ditch half frozen and kicking them over and over for a good twenty minutes is usually enough of a life lesson not to cross that line...

As for the Quiver itself, there really isn't a great lot to talk about there. It was crafted out of the same leather I took from the skins of Qom Jha back on Nirauan, made to house the arrows for which I am able to carry and freely draw from. Strapped about my waist, it serves too as a belt to keep the warmth in and holds an estimated 70 Arrows before needing to procure more.

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Ylva Solveig said:
These are heavier than standard arrows and therefore drop quicker during flight. Range drop from 56 meters to 40 meters.
Please specify this in the range field.

Ylva Solveig said:
Hard-point Arrows - Specifically designed to penetrate tougher armors using the Phrik Alloy in place of the typical Poly-Alloy of Ylva's standard arrow heads.
Please go into more detail here on what they can penetrate. Armor ratings might be helpful here.

Other than that, this looks good to me :)

[member="Ylva Solveig"]

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
[member="Aria Vale"]

Adjusted Range:
  • Effective Range: 56 Meters total; Hard-Point Arrows have a range drop from 56 meters to 40 meters due to excess weight.
​Added Weakness:
  • Hard-Point Arrows - Cannot penetrate materials of a greater yield than that of Phrik, example: Beskar/Mandalorian Iron.
  • Armors baring any resistance greater than High (Very High, Extreme) will require tactics and multiple shots to be effective.
Edited Strength:
  • Hard-point Arrows - Specifically designed to penetrate tougher (High Resistance) armor types using the Phrik Alloy in place of the typical Poly-Alloy of Ylva's standard arrow heads.

I hope this will do the trick ?

:)

Edit:
Errors found in edit, apologies.

[member="Ylva Solveig"]

Apologies for the wait.

I spoke with another judge, and arrows aren't able to penetrate armor. It's achieved through high velocity, and arrows don't move anywhere near as fast as bullets can.

I understand that the arrows have higher capabilities, but realistically only the fire arrows would be able to get through armor and even then they'd only penetrate much lighter armor.

If you could bring the ratings down, this will be good to go.

:)

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
Special features
  • Hard-Point Arrows - Light-Armor Piercing rounds.
Strengths
  • Hard-point Arrows - Specifically designed to penetrate (Low Resistance) armor types using the Phrik Alloy in place of the typical Poly-Alloy of Ylva's standard arrow heads.

[member="Aria Vale"]

Would this be adequate or do I need to remove the arrow type altogether ?

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
[member="Aria Vale"]

Amended.

Hard Point Arrow heads: Removed from Submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom