Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yan Li Nantaris

Da-mz-yUMAAeTlD.jpg
Yan Li Nantaris
NAME: Yan Li Nantaris
FACTION:
SPECIES: Half human, Half Echani
SEX: Male
HEIGHT: 5'11"
WEIGHT: 165
EYES: Brown
HAIR: Silver
SKIN: Tan
FORCE SENSITIVE: Yes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES:

+Martial Artist: Once he was freed from slavery he realized he needed to be able to defend himself. Using his natural gift to learn quickly he became rather skilled in Echani Martial Arts which transfers to lightsaber combat.

+Farsight/Echani: Blessed by the Force with Farsight and with the gift of Echani he can predict moves before they happen. While this is not perfect and sometimes he is left without the knowledge how to counter what he predicts, it is more advanced than Echani predictions.

+ Level Headed: A mixture of self training, being trained by Master Crieff, and his meditation bracelet he is able to stay level headed and calm in dangerous situations. Like anyone this only goes so far, but he is able to stay calm in situations even a sound Jedi Knight isn't expected to be.

- PTSD: While it was still long ago, he still has nightmares and if he is exposed to Slavers he has the potential to snap and lash out in anger.

- Cold/ Distant: While he is actually a very caring person, his quite and detached personality turns people off and can even become a problem for him to relate to some people.

+/-Daddy Issues: While being reunited with his Father years ago has helped him greatly it still provides him anxiety as he feels distant and unknowing of who his father is and how to fix that.

APPEARANCE:

BIOGRAPHY:

Yan Li's life was not as easy and carefree as he makes it out to be. He was born from an Echani woman and [member="Valiens Nantaris"]. His mother died from childbirth which meant he was left with only his Jedi father. Before her passing, his mother gave Yan Li his name to represnt his heritage and after his grandfather, Yan Li Bai. He raised him as best he could during his Jedi lifestyle. He was definitely a daddy's boy and very much enjoyed the time he got to spend with his father, until he was five. The problem was he couldn't always be with his father, his Jedi lifestyle meant Yan Li needed to be kept secret. Yan Li trusted his father though not fully understanding the secretive nature of things, but was ok with things and cherished the times he came to visit Yan Li and his nanny. At five, he left with his father who was planning to leave the Order for him and his own personal goals.

It all began on a trip to Kashyyyk.

Yan Li sat in the transport ship with a datapad. It was modified to have some kid's games on it. He sat there smiling and humming a little song while he played his game. Next to him was his father who was sleeping soundly, Yan Li
knew the Jedi were keeping his father busy lately so he was trying to be as quiet as possible and hum a nice song so he could sleep. He looked up and smiled as he saw a flight attendant run by. Unknowingly, he returned happily to his game.
He perked up once again as an odd sound filled the transport. It was when the transport made a loud booming sound that shook the transport that his father woke up. While he hadn't noticed til now, his senses were on high alert. They sat there for a second and while Yan Li was very young, he was very empathetic and knew something was wrong so he kept quiet. When his father took his hand and led him away, he did not question it. He simply took the datapad with him and followed, "Yan Li, hide in here, I will protect you, but don't come out til I come to get you." Yan Li began to tear up knowing something was wrong and became scared.

His father ruffled his hair before he closed the closet door. Yan Li tried remaining quiet, but once he heard the blaster firing begin he could not contain his fear which came out in tears. He could not handle all the combat and the longer it went on, the more he needed his father. Fear over rid his desire to listen to his father and he needed him. Yan Li sneaked out of the closet and tried finding his father using 'whisper screams.' He saw a pirate who yelled at him to not move, but he ran away in fear now screaming out for his father. After running for a bit he finally found his father fighting with the pirates, "DADDY!" He needed him and Yan Li's voice caught his attention, "Yan,, no!" Was the last thing he heard him say before one of the pirates took Valiens moment of distraction he was struck in the back of the head with the butt of a gun.

The pirates turned their attention to the little boy which would fetch them a large bounty. The father was too much a risk to take as the Force would cause troubles for slavers. The leader chased down the crying little boy and took him away from his father kicking and screaming, this was the last time they saw each other. While they were taking him he fought back screaming for his dad, the pirates were forceful and ripped off his necklace her father gave her and left the broken pieces on the ground.

A few days after being captured, he was sold into slavery. They beat the little boy, which did not help his terrible pain from missing his father. Once they reached planet side, he was given to his new Masters where he was beaten, starved, dehydrated, and tortured to break him and make him obedient.

When his father came to, he searched for Yan Li, but only found the broken necklace. Valiens searched and even found the pirates, but surprise he found them among wreckage after they had been attacked and their ship destroyed. This prevented Valiens from learning of Yan Li being sold on Jakku. This discovery of the destroyed ship was only a few days after his kidnapping and all signs pointed to him being on the ship upon it being destroyed. He continued his search, but eventually he had to come to the conclusion Yan Li had been killed. This was a great pain for Valiens, but he refused to talk about it and eventually grew numb by it.

Back on Jakku, we find Yan Li, now 11 years old and completely changed. The slavers had broken him, but something remained whole, his morality. While he had learned to keep his mouth shut and to not show his emotions, he could not help but be protective of his fellow slaves and try to protect him. Usually his protecting led to him being beaten. This was until a girl, younger than he was, who was a new slave fell on the job. She was not use to the intense labor, but the slavers did not go easy on her. As they saw her fall, one came upon her and began whipping her.

Yan Li watched in horror, but that shock became anger and he ran for her. At the time he was apart of a chain gang and was chained to them, but when he needed to protect her, his chains broke from an invisible force. As the whip came down it connected to Yan Li's arm and not the girl. The whip connected hard and dug into his arm, but the boy did not give up. He began yelling to leave her alone, but this only made the slaver laugh as the other guards joined him. The slaver slapped Yan Li and then kicked him hard in the face sending him flying back and his nose to break and bleed. Some went to beat on Yan Li, while the original one lifted his whip to punish the girl. Yan Li yelled once again to stop, but this time, his words were accompanied by pushing motion which sent the gaurds flying back and crashing into the work site and some being buried by falling debree.

For a few moments, the place was silent until the slaves began to cheer for Yan Li. Shocked by this new power he laid there, bleeding and in disbelief. As more guards came running, Yan Li gathered himself and began breaking the slaves free and using his power to help them escape. The runaway slaves stole a ship and they all left Jakku. They eventually found a planet far enough away and settled there and began their own society and Yan Li was seen as their hero. It was there he was taught all the things he missed not going to school.

At 16 years old, Yan Li decided it was time to find out what his powers meant and search for his father. He left his village and set off into the Galaxy. [member="Sorel Crieff"] found Yan Li and saw he was untrained, but gifted with the Force. He also showed to be skilled beyond his years in hand to hand combat and with a sword. When he fought, it seemed he could predict attacks before they happened at times. He was taken in and made a Silver Jedi Padawan. He went on many missions with his Master Sorel and even fought in their wars a few times. He found himself on one planet face to face with Sith Connor Harrison in battle. Harrison had his powers ripped away upon his betrayal of the Silver Jedi, but he was still beyond Yan Li's level. The battle was intense, but Yan Li found away to beat the Sith back and get him to retreat.

It was because of these wars and conflicts, Yan Li realized he was not ready to fight. He left his Master and the Order and retreated to Eshan, home planet to his mother's race. It was there he learned to complete his Echani training and further his Knighthood training. He stayed there, aiding them and living in peace until the Mandalorians attacked and he had to take up his lightsabers and enter the war again.

SHIP:

KILLS:

​None

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:
None

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROLE-PLAYS:

Timeline in order

Threads with a * at the end mean they were written as Lynn who was female. Yan Li and Lynn are the same, but decided to make she a he.

Book 1: The Padawan

Chapter 1: The Beginning
I. What Goes Around *
II. Jedi Service Corps *
III. The Hunt for the Weapon of Legends *
IV. Casus Belli *
V. Beyond the Beginning of the Journey *
VI. Family Fortunes *

Chapter 2: Who am I?
I. Operation Icebreaker *
II.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Please don't, I wanted to be honest, but at the sametime my character has no memories or signature of being Vaildra. It is really just a sort of recreation to give my character more depth. I am not the original writer though he did give me permission and I thought this was a fun idea. Though no matter how hard you try there is no way to come up with the information that Lynn is Hakora unless you knew to seek out the one particular person and a Galaxy of trillions. I don't believe Star Wars has people that lucky or that powerful. So again, please don't. I want to have fun here and create a story I thought up.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"]

S-sorry, I am a bit paranoid I guess. I just haven't done anything like this before so I am just worried. I will let him know, we're supposed to meet up next week so I will let him know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom