Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship XS Light Freighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
8CpAMRU.jpg

Image Source: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Affiliation: Mostly used by Smuglers
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corperation
Model: XS-03 Light Freighter Katana
Modularity: No
Production: Unique. (Katana)
Material: Durasteel Hull, Various other Starship components.
Classification: Freighter

Length: 102 Meters

Width: 101 Meters

Height: 27 Meters

Armament: (8) 4 Soniver Arms HSG-67 Laser cannons , Concussion Missles
Defenses: (10) Shields Equipped, Armor Plating

Hangar: 1 Escape Craft

Special Features: Missile batteries, Stealth Technology (Hidden Compartments)

Maneuverability Rating: 5
Speed Rating: 5
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths: Missile batteries, Stealth Technology
Weaknesses: Weak on sides and rear.

Description: Due to the way it was build the XS-03 Light Freighter can be manned by only one person, also it's special design makes it so there are hidden compartments perfect for the use of smugglers. This particular ship was owned by a Wookie who lived on Tatooine, he used in to smuggle with his Rodain companion for many years, when he went into retirment he traded for a slave named John Shepherd to look after him in his old years. The wookie trained john how to fly it even with his blind left eye, with his last few days the wookie gave the ship to John along with his freedom. It's first mission with John was to Anchorhead where he learned his mother had died and then across a blockade to Nar Shaada where he turned off the ship's systems and used a oxygen mask to survive until he passed the blockade and jumped away.
Intent: To use for Smuggling
Who Can Use This: John Shepherd
Primary Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/XS_stock_light_freighter

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="John Shepherd"], welcome to the factory. Before we continue, I should mention that ships that already exist in the Star Wars universe (such as those that you can find on Wookieepedia), generally do not need to go through the factory approval process. But if you would like to make a new version or a customized version of one for your character, we do encourage that.

So with that said, do you want to continue with this submission? If so, is this a customized version of the existing canon type or a newer version of it?

Cool, let's get to work then.

John Shepherd said:
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corperation

Corellian Engineering Corporation is owned by [member="Ayden Cater"]. I would recommend talking to him if you are set on using that company to build this. Alternatively, you could also make your own company to build this, or use Haven Shipyards as outlined in this post.

John Shepherd said:
Material: N/A

This is typically where we list specific metals or other materials that make up a ship. If you want to keep it pretty vanilla, I would recommend using a "durasteel hull" and simply listing "various starship components" after that. Alternatively, you may pick out some metals or alloys from Wookieepedia that strikes your fancy.

John Shepherd said:
Armament: (8) 4 Soniver Arms HSG-67 Laser cannons Special Features: Missile batteries

Missile batteries should go underneath the armament section. Ideally, we would like to know the type of missiles this is using as well. If there are any certain effects that you are looking to get, please let me know. Otherwise, the most common missile that we see with most ships like this are concussion missiles.

John Shepherd said:
Special Features: Stealth Technology

What kind of stealth technology are we talking about? Is this something that would help hide the ship from people seeing it? Or are we talking about the smuggling compartments within the ship itself?

Most technologies which hide the ship itself from detection require a development thread to use on a ship. A development thread is a thread that focuses in some way on the submission's use or creation. This thread should take place in an open roleplaying forum and should be at least 10 posts long. You can read more about development threads here.

John Shepherd said:
Description: Due to the way it was build the XS-03 Light Freighter can be manned by only one person, also it's special design makes it so there are hidden compartments perfect for the use of smugglers.
I would add on to this; most descriptions are at least several sentences long. Some things you may want to talk about include the design's features, history, maybe its internal layout, and/or how you think it will be used.

[member="John Shepherd"], no worries. It's one of the reasons I'm here. ;)

Based on the description, I take it that this is supposed to be a personal ship for your character?

No worries, that sometimes happens to me as well. One thing that seems to help is to click the "Follow this topic" on the upper right hand of the page.

John Shepherd said:
Production: Mass-Produced.

Since it's just for your use, I would change production to "unique", and then I'd give it a name (ex. The Millenium Falcon, The Little Bantha Who Could, etc) right behind the "Model" field.

John Shepherd said:
Who Can Use This: Anyone

Since it's your personal ship, I would probably change this to your character's name or other people or groups that you regularly write with.

John Shepherd said:
Model: XS-03 Light Freighter
Just to avoid any potential confusion if someone searches for XS light freighter in the future, please make the model field this: "XS-03 Light Freighter Katana".

John Shepherd said:
Who Can Use This: Personal

From the Starship template:
Who Can Use This: (Optional. If you chose Limited, Semi-Unique, or Unique in Productivity above please list what groups/characters can use this submission in role-plays.)
I'd probably recommend "John Shepherd" for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom