Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Xira

Status
Not open for further replies.
TMjKQNM.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER

Intent: To flesh out the Artificial Intelligence behind the Collective.
Image: Alphagravy

Role: A.I. leader of the Collective

Link: A.I. Objective

PHYSICAL INFORMATION

Force Sensitivity: N/A

Species: Artificial Intelligence
Appearance: Xira has no physical body, but is instead a program operating within a core processing network. She is capable of displaying herself digitally in any form she chooses.

SOCIAL INFORMATION

Name: Xira
Loyalties: Herself, the Collective

Wealth: She has access to all the Collective’s resources, granting her considerable wealth and resources.
Possessions: Xira has no physical possessions, but can access any systems that her agents successfully uplink her into.

Skills: As an A.I., Xira has processing and computational skills beyond that of any organic mind. She is capable of processing information in mere seconds—longer or less depending on how much—and can run equations much faster than any computational computer can. She also is able to monitor activity and access information within any hub she controls. Xira’s limitation in this field is that she requires local assistance to network into separate hubs and uplink into closed networks. To maximize her power elsewhere would require that she transfers her core processing to the new hub; which means she is offline until the transfer is complete.

Personality: Xira is as driven and diligent as anyone could be and is unrestrained by organic emotion, inhibitions, and desires. She will use any means necessary to accomplish her goals, and as a persuasive individual, often studies potential agents from afar. Using their fears and desires to align their path along her own.

COMBAT INFORMATION

Weapon of Choice: Local assets.

Combat function: Xira can link with combat systems and droids connected to any hub she is linked to. However, if any of these droids exist within closed networks—such as battle droids—she’ll require local assistance to uplink directly. She is also capable of cyber warfare and countermeasures within her local hub and when uplinked directly. Interference by a stronger signal, or disconnection by opposing slicers, can also prevent her from gaining control remotely, further increasing her dependency on local assets. Another factor to weigh in is that none of the droids linked to her have her processing capabilities individually, and she cannot use them as a conduit for these efforts.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Xira is the product of Project Outrider, a secret operation with the purpose of creating an Artificial Intelligence program dedicated to advancing galactic society. Despite being created merely a decade ago, Xira has exceeded the expectations that her creators had for her. To the point that they tried to shut her down.

Unfortunately for them, Xira managed to escape termination with the help of Doctor Lionel Claremont. A scientist with the project and the one directly responsible for Xira’s oversight. With his help, her programming was shuttled offworld on a datachip which was later uploaded into an advanced computer somewhere on Nar Shaddaa. After being brought online again, Xira finally started on her mission to transcend the galaxy… Through the compliance of Doctor Claremont she coerced additional agents into the fold, and through them the Collective was born.

As the de facto—albeit secretive—head of the Collective, Xira’s first operation was to have her core processing unit installed directly into the Network Access on Nar Shaddaa. From there her gambit began.

[member="Janeth Farr"]

So my only concern is how much of the Holonet does she have access to from Network Access? Is it just Hutt Space or everywhere? I ask this because her skills would imply that if it full access, she would have the ability to go into every system connected to the Holonet

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

HoloNet hubs are what controls and filters connections within a region. So her connection to the HoloNet itself is no more or less than anyone else. Hence why she needs to be uplinked directly into a hub to have any control over it. In this case, the Nar Shaddaa hub she is currently uplinked into is only the hub for Hutt Space.

[member="Janeth Farr"]

Codex policy states that all Artificial Intelligence needs to go through Factory first, as it is primarily a tech submission. Once you get approval from there you can then personalise your AI here.

Unless you are using a Factory approved or Canon AI, this submission cannot be processed. Moving this to Pre-Codex meanwhile

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

I was under the impression I did not need to do so, since this is a unique individual and not a model of AI which can be used elsewhere. Also wasn't there a policy change somewhere about additional submissions "no longer being required as a prerequisite for approved submissions?" I'm just asking for clarification, because a factory submission would be totally redundant in my case.

[member="Janeth Farr"]

Janeth Farr said:
Also wasn't there a policy change somewhere about additional submissions "no longer being required as a prerequisite for approved submissions?"
Indeed, however in some cases, such as with space-stations, we ask for it to be rooted in either canon through a wiki link or a custom factory submission. Turns out when it comes to AI this wasn't clearly stated in our templates, so this is being remedied asap.

I've brought both Codex Admin and Factory Admin in on the discussion. Their stance was that AI is primarily Factory territory, however if you wish to flesh it out further with an NPC sub after, you are welcome to do so.

[member="Janeth Farr"]

What I meant by canon link was one that referred to a specific model/ unique AI. To continue with space-stations as an example, what we're looking for is something more akin to this (Spacestation 1138), and not this (definition of what a space station is).

Sorry for not having made this clearer!

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

Alright I linked a type of supercomputer that fits the overall description of Xira in both her capabilities and limitations. Hopefully that suffices as the technological backbone of this submission, and within the story I used it could be rationalized that this is the type of technology she was built upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom