Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

X-5 Ecto-Track Rifle

450px-Jamesgeorgopouloscruiseoblivionimfdb.jpg
Image Source: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Oblivion
Intent: To Create a high powered poison dart rifle, and tracker needle launcher for Challange.
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Lirra Outpost 1
Model: X-5 Ecto-Track
Affiliation: Werah Unon
Modularity: Attachable scope.
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel, Miniature trackers.
Classification: Dart Gun.
Size: Handheld
Length: 50cm
Weight: 7kg
Ammunition Type: Modified Splinter Barbs - Poison tipped & Tracker-Tipped
Ammunition Capacity: 25 Poison, 20 Tracker.
Effective Range: 200-250m
Rate of Fire: Single shot.
Special Features: Swithchable ammo types - can switch between poison and tracking ammo.
- Tracking ammo: Miniature trackers cover the barbs, along with numbing agents. Once the barb hits its target, and embeds itself, precise location data will be sent to a linked Datapad. Numbing agents stop targets noticing the barbs, and if they are noticed, many trackers will be left inside the wound when the barn is removed.
Description: The X-5 Ecto-Track rifle is a powerful rifle, created to aid in bringing down targets stealthily. It contains poison darts, that can be fired over long distances, and quickly kill an unarmoured target. It was developed under the orders of Werah Unon, and has been successfully used in many field tests. It is very quiet, to allow for stealthy attacks, and can have a scope attached, in order to increase accuracy. Unlike its cousin, the X-4, the X-5 has got twin ammo feeds, that can be switched between, by pressing a button at the top of the rifle. The second type of ammo, is a special type, designed to aid in tracking targets. The darts are coated with miniature trackers, that use the GPS(Galactic Positioning Network), to find the exact location of themselves, and upload it, via a secure frequency, to a Datapad. The barbs stock into the target, and a numbing agent blocks out any pain from the hit. The dart will then break up, as soon as the trackers enter the bloodstream. The trackers can last up to 3 days, before they degrade, and can function over any distance. The rifle itself is sturdy and made to last, and can be carried around easily.
Primary Source: Splinter darts - http://starwarsrp.net/topic/34642-splinter-knives/

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

Hi [member="Werah Unon"]! I will be reviewing this submission.

Werah Unon said:
Material: Modified splinter knives
  • You'll want to remove this from the material field and place that in just the ammunition type.

Werah Unon said:
Weight: 9kg
  • 9kg for a dart gun is a bit heavy. Very heavy, in fact, especially considering it isn't a slugthrower. You may want to reduce this a little bit, but it's up to you.

Werah Unon said:
Effective Range: 200-250m
  • This should simply list the maximum effective range of the weapon, though 250m for a dart gun is about 220m more than the longest tranquilizer gun I can find. (And no Star Wars Wiki I can find lists a range.) The source darts themselves are listed at 20m thrown, so I'd be willing to work with this and go a bit higher than 30m, but I wouldn't be okay with anything higher than 50m without dev.

[member="Werah Unon"] [member="Jamie Pyne"]
I'll be archiving this until the development thread is completed. Please PM myself or another RPJ/Admin once the thread is completed and you are prepared to continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom