Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writer Feedback

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Last site I was on who had this ended up with a (Language)

Why the kark are you posting that in here you noob. This forum is for feedback on the site, not for yourself.

Only by pretty much the entire site.

I'd rather not go through it again.

-Edit-

Also, more to the point, this section should be only for site feedback, and if a writer wishes for their own, there should be a forum for it. I don't see an issue with it myself, and if you have a reason why there can't be a forum for personal feedback, I'm all ears.

Why this thread is around though.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/48101-a-day-with-your-character/page-2#entry717750

See there.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Redardless.

Tefka has made it clear that these sort of threads should be put on the character bio. Which makes no sense if someone is asking for multiple character feedback, or general feedback.

Too much cluttering when a sub forum can be made for the reason. I'd do it myself if I could.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I try not to reply to public 'Feedback' threads. Everybody loves the praise but nobody can stomach the criticisms or those teenage Naruto suggestions, lol, no matter how constructive or positive they can be.

Oh no, I much prefer to keep all my 'feedback' in private. Tucked away from public view. Either through PM or Skype, and only with those people I am Roleplaying with currently. That way, they can be very real to me. Public threads on the website have a grand way of making people very... Erm, 'politically correct' or 'overtly polite'. ...Well. Or of being pompous, cliche'ish, comical, and generally exaggerated fluff. Haha. None of which are really helpful if you are trying to succeed at being a better writer.

[member="Krest"] , (and everybody else who desires excellent feedback,) I strongly recommend you PM your most common writing partners and ask for feedback through PM's or Skype chat. In my long experience, you are much more likely to receive intimate, positive, and constructive comments that way. Than simply by polling the community or soap-boxing.

Cheers and best wishes! :D

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Public feedback, for me at least, is more of a slap to reality then insulting, and I'm sure there are other people like that. It's not a mandatory forum, and it should be for those who will accept that there will be feedback they won't like.

And, more often then not, you will learn more about what you can fix by people you don't RP with a lot then those you do.

Jay Scott Clark said:
In my long experience, you are much more likely to receive intimate, positive, and constructive comments that way.

XD I love it

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

But yeah, I agree with [member="Krest"] on this one, I would prefer the comments be they negative, or positive from everyone willing to say something, someone goes to far Jay, guess what, report it.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Krest"]

You remember those 'Staff Critique' Threads right? The ones where people felt naturally inclined to roast somebody over the coals for both IC and OOC shenanigans, dramatic effect, or even 'perceived' slights? Well. I sure do. Haha. ...Ugh. :p

Naturally all good things have that human-chance to be abused in earnest, so I can't actually persuade you otherwise. Making the attempt is half the battle anyway. So yeah. Give it a shot and we'll see if people are responsible enough to use it with wisdom.

Nice. :D

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Jay Scott Clark said:
[member="Krest"]

You remember those 'Staff Critique' Threads right? The ones where people felt naturally inclined to roast somebody over the coals for both IC and OOC shenanigans, dramatic effect, or even 'perceived' slights? Well. I sure do. Haha. ...Ugh. :p

Naturally all good things have that human-chance to be abused in earnest, so I can't actually persuade you otherwise. Making the attempt is half the battle anyway. So yeah. Give it a shot and we'll see if people are responsible enough to use it with wisdom.

Nice. :D

You mean the one ive insulted Tef in for the multiple times hes done things that have left a sour taste in my mouth. Trust me, not everyone kisses ass. [member="Jay Scott Clark"]

PS, I support a Feedback forum for characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom