Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Without Expectations (GR Dominion of Saleucami)

Saleucami
[SIZE=10.5pt]
Saleucami_Landschaft.jpg
[/SIZE]​

A dim and arid world, not much had ever been thought of Saleucami besides the fact that it was the only thriving planet in a system full of uninhabitable planets and meteors. Besides the occasional oasis’s that were home to lush vegetation and life, the planet did not hold much interest. However, the few thriving cities on Saleucami were rich with trade and business. These cities were all located within large craters that had been made by the same meteors that remained in Saleucami’s system. Miles from any of the closest cities would lie one of these same craters. Sitting near the edge of one of Saleucami’s Oasis, a rather enormous fortress sat within the crater. This stronghold almost seemed untouchable, with a hefty amount of air defenses mounted around the perimeter of the crater to keep any small teams from inserting directly into the fortress. Further from the edge of the perimeter rested several spaced out bunkers with static emplacements within them. These emplacements watched over a maze of trenches that were used to slow down any advance from ground elements. The owner of this seemingly unnecessary fortress is none other than the infamous Nikto crime lord, Vesyr. The criminal is known for the abduction of many neutral and Republic citizens.
Objective 1: Conduct an assault on the heavily fortified stronghold held by mercenary forces under the command of Vesyr.
Objective 2: Treat and asses Vesyr’s victims.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

[SIZE=10.5pt]Objective: Objective 1 - Lead Saber Team and First platoon into enemy defenses.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Location: Oasis just to the west of the trenches[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Allies: Republic forces and allies.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Enemies: Mercenary forces under command of Vesyr.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][1/20][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“We are simple things, soldiers.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]We are taught honor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Honor means sacrifice[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Sacrifice means death[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Either our own or our enemies[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]In some ways, beneath it all[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]That's all a soldiers really trained for[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]To undo Gods work[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]To take life where only God can give it[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Were it that we were not soldiers, but Gods”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Sergeant Valkren Calderon lifted the canteen high into the air, emptying the rest of its contents down his dry throat. He licked his lips, tightening the cap back onto it as he scanned over his surroundings. The Sergeant sat against the root of a rather large, oddly formed tree, with his own team members sitting around him. Saber team was a team of five other Republic commandos that were once marines under the command of Supreme Commander Gir Quee. Young, Michaels, Watson, O’Connor, O’Riley, and Calderon had all met during a skirmish with One Sith forces. During that skirmish they proved their skill in teamwork and excellence in combat and earned a spot with the Republic Commandos. As of now, they had been chasing the ghost of Doctor Ar’man Shaw, a Republic scientist that had gone missing atleast five months ago. After constant dangerous missions that had taken them to hostile territories and gang-controlled regions, they had finally discovered the last location that the Doctor was reported being at..Atleast, where he was being held captive at. Valkren reached down, hooking the canteen to his utility belt. The young Sergeant was nervous, no doubt about that, but he couldn’t show his emotions to his men, especially now. After going to the Supreme commander for help, Gir Quee had pulled what seemed to be all the strings he had to get his team support. Not only was there armor at least fifty yards back behind their position, but they also had some sort of air support, and Valkren was gifted four other squads of marines to command as he took on the brute of the assault. Sure, Calderon was only a Sergeant, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t be Platoon lead for a moment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Young, check to see if everyone is well rested and ready. I want to make sure that MY platoon is at least at the ready to fight.” He looked to his side at his intelligence officer, Private Young. He knew that there could of been plenty of other Republic troopers that had been ordered with the same mission in different areas of the Oasis, but he wanted his own group to be ready. It was odd to see his team’s faces..As they had their helmets on most of the time. Or Valkren was just too karked up at times while they were celebrating in bars to really get familiar with them. He really should take the time to visit them individually, they were the closest thing he had to a family out here, and he wasn’t about to let them pass away under his command.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Aye Sir.” Just like that, Young lifted his own helmet onto his head and pushed himself off of the stump he had taken perch on, walking off a few feet and speaking into his comms system. Valkren could see a few white splotches of armor down the line of vegetation as he pushed himself up. That was good, there were no deserters, always a good start. Soon after, Valkren sat back down, rolling over onto his stomach and lifting a pair of standard-issued binoculars up to his eyes. He scrolled through the ranges until he eventually found his target. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The trenches.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]They were constantly full of Nikto and other species of mercenaries, busy with random work as they moved ammunition and supplies here and there. There was a strike of defeat in his heart as he observed over the thugs. So many..Too many.. The Sergeant then zoomed out one setting, moving further up toward the stronghold to get a view on the two bunkers that were facing them. He couldn’t see what contents they held within, but whatever they were had to be Anti-personnel.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The Sergeant rolled onto his back, looking down the line until he caught sight of Young’s thumbs up. He nodded, looking to the twenty-five or so men around him. He hoped that the armor and air support was truly close by, and the same with his Jedi allies. For now, he had to look over his own men.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] “Power up boys..We’re going to war.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]
[member="Jalek Arkada"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Caleb Brolen"] | [member="Marcus Foster"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Ali Hadrix"] | [member="Mak Manto"] | [member="Sha'do"] | [member="Uri Aureleos"] | [member="Alyona Voxyn"] | [member="Akartin"] | [member="Tyl Ro"] | [member="Lilin Imperieuse"] | [member="Varus Shatterstar"] | [member="Solan Charr"] |
[/SIZE][member="Jaccer Ramirez"][SIZE=10.5pt]
[/SIZE]

(Forgive me if I forgot to tag someone!)

Objective: 1 (for the moment)
Allies: [member="Valkren Calderon"]
Enemies: Vesyr's forces

[1/20]

Travot huddled down in a natural cut of the base, idly fiddling with a blaster rifle borrowed from a Republic armory. He closed his eyes. For several seconds, the large man simply felt the flow of the desert wind rippling across his scalp. It was such a simple sensation that felt oddly soothing before the start of the battle; though he was almost certain that it would be obnoxious to get all of the sand out of his hair once he left the world. He smiled. We're supposed to enjoy the simple things in life as jedi, not the extravagant, right? He brushed the thoughts away and began to focus on the currents of the Force, sinking his consciousness into its many currents.

He briefly probed his surroundings, before finally feeling the presence of the guard that had almost seen him before he had found his current hiding spot. Travot passively began to feel the mercenary's emotions and thoughts. Travot began to creep into the nikto's subconscious until he finally found a thought useful to him. The jedi brought the thought up to the alien's conscious level. Even as the mercenary weighed his options of following through with it, Ravenna kept bringing that thought up to the forefront of his mind. Finally, the alien gave into that incessant thought, dutifully walking towards Travot's position.

That's it...come on...

The alien stopped to stand right above Travot, but stared off in the distance to gaze at one of the orbiting space stations above the world. Travot's hands shot up, grasped the mercenary's ankles, and quickly pulled. As he fell, the nikto's mind snapped from Travot's persuasion....too late. He slid halfway into the draw with his legs still spread. Travot quickly grabbed his rifle, shoved it against the dazed alien's groan, and fired. The muffled stun bolt radiated into the mercenary's body, and he went limp. The jedi quickly pulled the subdued mercenary to lay concealed in the draw with him. Now that I'm in a good position...

Objective: 1 (Deal with the unruly neighbors)
Allies: [member="Travot Ravenna"] [member="Valkren Calderon"]
Enemies: Criminals and otherwise uncouth elements of society

Taeli was not a big fan of criminal elements in general, but sometimes they could have a use. This time was not one of those times. Imagine to her great annoyance that while she was away, a Nikto crime lord had established himself on Saluecami and had been harassing her workers for protection money, kidnapping them if they didn't comply. Aurora Industries had a massive presence on this world, and when she heard of the Republic operation to deal with this thug, she had immediately joined up.

Looking through her macrobinoculars, she noted the enemy fortifications. Truly impressive setup he had, and all paid for by blood money. Today would be his last day of freedom though, and he would understand an important lesson in life.

"Ma'am, everything is in position," a captain of the artillery stated, saluting to the Jedi Master. As a ranking Master of the Order now, she had taken on the duty of coordinating the artillery units supporting the assault that had been mixed in with the armor.

"Master Raaf, infantry teams are reporting ready status, they only await the signal," another officer informed her.

Noting more fortifications, she was surprised by how many mercs the Nikto had hired and drawn to his banner. It was truly going to be a battle to take this fortress, and they would need to be swift in getting hostages out. Hmm, those defenses could pose a problem for the air support, those would need to go quickly.

"Begin long-range bombardment," she ordered, still not looking away from her macrobinoculars. "Target hardpoints, their AA defenses, and heavy concentration of enemy forces. We need to break those up before the infantry can advance and not get annihilated."

"Yes, Master Raaf," the officers said, saluting and moving off to give out her orders.

Silence. Silence. Silence.

And then the boom of artillery being fired and the whistle as the shells began their descent.

Objective: Being interrupted when striking deals with Vesyr
Allies: Vesyr's forces
Enemies: GR
Post 1/20

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The cartel had kept its eyes on Saleucami for some time now. the world being close to the Cartel capitol of Sriluur. Furthermore the lucrative slave trade occurring on the planet was becoming very interesting for the ever expanding slave operations they were conducting.

"Noez, youz zee mr Vesyr. It is not the wisest move to neglect your true mazters. I have been telling you that the Hutt Cartel iz not..." Ka-Aver forwarded with as much diplomacy as he could muster. He was not here to wrestle with the Nikto, merely to strike a bargain and bring a slight threat about what would happen if he did not fall in with the will of the Supreme mogul sometime soon.

But he was cut short by the slave lord before he could finish.
"Please weequay. You can stop your pleas. Crawl back to your hutt master and explain to him that I will not submit to the treaty of Vontor. those times are long gone and frankly, I consider it an insult that he would claim me and my domain for granted." Vesyr was fully aware that the Cartel was a rising power. But so was he and he and his closest associates had already come to the conclusion that if the cartel could have taken Saleucami by force, they would already have done it. "You come with empty threats."

Ka-Aver sighed. the Nikto was stubborn. True - he held significant power and influence. But the cartel bosses concern was not really to control this world - they were more concerned that the republic or those pesky silver jedis would turn up and end a profitable market.

"Zempra the hutt haz limited patience Vizyr. If you do agree to follow the treaty we can not guarantee your zafety. And I am not only talking about the cartel. Other powerz are openly moving againzt zlavers all over the galaxy. The cartel iz the only... "

*KA-BOOM!*

The palace shook as loud explosions were sounded all over. The Republic artillery under command of [member="Taeli Raaf"] herself had started its bombardment over the unprepared fortress. Alarms were sounding and Nikto warriors rushed to their feet all over. Ka-Aver had to press down his two handed vibro staff to keep on his feet. Looking up he noticed the much paler face of Visyr as they both were realizing what was about to happen.

"I... I... " the slave lord mumbled as reports about the assaulting forces were pouring in from his underlings. "I... might be compelled to... reconsider mr Ka-Aver...." he offered to the weequay. A tint of desperation now shone from his eyes.

Ka-Aver shook his head.

"Lookz like itz too late Vizyr. Better get your defencez up though, the repz aint joking about." Ka-Aver made a courteous nod and turned. He was sure as hell not going to be caught in this slaughter and started to rush away from the throne room of the fortress leaving Cisyr to organize his Nikto tribe.

[member="Valkren Calderon"] Just here to help out. If nothing else I'll pop in with a post or two before fleeing into hutt space

Objective: 1
Allies: GR
Enemies: Visyr and his folk
Post 2/20

Mantic stood at the rear of the command position. He had folded his hands in front of him and tried to focus. He had been to a war zone before. He recognized the despair and the nervousity in the air. People, soldiers, criminals, civilians, they were all beacons of emotions at this time. They were strong feelings, feelings that could easily lure an inexperienced jedi into ill controlled behaviour. Or even worse, start the first steps toward a darker path.

He took a deep breath, oil and metal being what he sensed the most. He blew it out through his nostrils. then breathed in....

He was an inexperienced jedi. A padawan - but he knew what to watch out for. He pressed the emotions from his prescence. focusing on his inner calm. then the artillery started its bombardment. It was as if a wave of enemy forces washed over his defensive lines, picking and stabbing at his barrier of tranquility.For a moment he felt the brutal joy one of the artillery soldiers felt as his "baby" was being fired to cause death and mayhem on the enemy. The enemy who he... hated.

Mantic froze. Why did the soldier hate them already? they were slavers of course.. Was that enough to stir hate? He looked around for a moment, observing the organized chaos that was being orchestrad by Master [member="Taeli Raaf"] and the republic command around the artillery position.
mobile_mechanized_artillery_unit_by_psypher101-d4gxgd6.jpg

"No." he decided and pushed the thoughts away. "I am a jedi. Focus!"
Mantic took another deep breath, then exhaled. His barrier grew stronger, the enemy wave was tiring.... they were abandoning this battle field.

Mantic remained there, positioned so that any of the masters could summon him should they require his service. Otherwise he merely kept still, focusing on blocking the storm of emotions capturing the camp.

I was behind a hill to the south waiting for the signal to attack. Master [member="Taeli Raaf"] was coordinating parts of the mission but it was my job to make sure we succeed. My combat squad was composed of 20 special forces units under my command. They were the best of the best at what they do and they will need to be for what's to come. A few minutes later there were the sounds of artillery shells dropping. I nodded at the commander and said "Go you know the plan". He saluted and gave orders to his men then they got into there groups and ran past me. I ignited my saber and walked over the hill to see heavy fighting in the distance. I took one deep breath and charged down the hill.

Objective: Infiltrate and destroy enemy communication station.
Allies: [member="Travot Ravenna"] (Don't know if you still want to join me on this. If you do jump on in!)
Enemies: Anybody who opposes the mission.

All that could be heard was the vibrating hums of the drop ships thrusters that were propelling the small innocent looking ship to it's target. Visyr's communication station. Only a small minority of people within the Republic knew the purpose and objective of this drop ship. And absolutely nobody knew the names of those inside the bay of the ship. If the majority of the Galactic Republic didn't know what was going to happen at the communication station in a few minutes, their targets would even stand a chance of knowing what was about to hit them.

The elite team that was rapidly approaching the station consisted of unnamed soldiers of the highest caliber. Ghosts and shadows, the darker side of the Galactic Republic. They had existed for a short time and had completed many operation others had been afraid to attempt. Every mission they completed, no trace was made of their existence or the Republic's involvement. All that was left of the targeted area was the charred bodies of their opposition and the ruined remains of any buildings. Today would be a similar situation. Nobody outside a very selective group would know, and there would be no one left to remember.

"Hard routine from here on out." The lieutenant informed the blackened out men infront of him. "Stay focused, stay alert and we'll come out of here in one piece." These would be the last words spoken among the group of 50 men who would be infiltrating the station. All other communication would be done through the use of hand signals. There was no acceptation in the rules of this hard routine. Celebrations could happen later. Grieving could happen later. Everything else other than the mission was now absolete and unecessary.

Soon after the thrusters died down and the ship slowed down to a silent hover.

They had arrived at their target.

Daren Silvari

D
Objective: 1 (Deal with the unruly neighbors)
[member="Taeli Raaf"]
Allies: Republic Forces
Enemies: Those who threaten the Republic

It had been a long time since Daren had been in the field in the capacity of a Soldier, but hearing that the Nikto crime lord Viserys was on Saleucami - he just had to be a part of the assault. Granted it likely wasn't the safest of places for a newly made Senator of the Republic, but he was still a soldier in his heart; and he would not neglect his honor. He was perhaps one of the more proactive senators, preferring action to discussion and politics. He found little use in them, and it showed in his character to those around him. It was as he stepped off the Republic Drop ship with a small group of soldiers who rushed off to their designated locations, just as he made his way to his desired position on the field.

"Master Raaf..", he paused to allow her time to shift her attention to him, and when he felt that the proper amount of time had passed - he continued, "My name is Daren Silvari, newly named Senator of Chandrila. I have come to request that I be placed under your command and to inform you to order me as you see fit. I am a soldier of the Republic first and foremost, do not take my title as Senator as a weakness. I would still give my life for the Republic in the fight ma'am." He didn't believe that the Jedi master would neglect his offer of service for this particular fight, but he wanted to ensure that she would not take his title as Senator as a deterrent from keeping him out of the thick of things. In truth, he was a Soldier, and there was no greater service than giving his life in service of a cause he believed in.

Despite his title of Senator, he was certainly was not dressed as one; having received authorization from [member=Gir Quee] to take necessary items from the Republic armory. He was wearing the Standard Issue Combat Armor with his helmet held on his hip between his arm, and a T998C Blaster Rifle with no special modifications - and topping it off with a Vibro-Electro Blade. He was dressed for combat, and his words only further lent credence to the fact that he expected to be placed in the thick of it.

Allies: Galactic Republic
Enemies: Vesyr and his forces

Standing still, Mak's eyes were closed as he focused on the Force before he felt the subtle pull of a nearby being heading towards him. Opening them slow, he saw a mercenary running towards him with a blaster in his hands.

However, before he could let off a shot, Mak raised a hand, stopping the man. As the soldier fell to the ground, his hands going to his stomach as he vomited. Malacia was a power few would ever want to be on the direct end. Pulling out his lightsabers, he slithering forward, coming next to the mercenary and bending down to look at him.

"Don't worry, you're not going to die. You're going to feel some nausea and dizziness, but it'll eventually go away. By the time you feel better, this battle should be over..."

Getting up, he continued forward, preparing for the assault on the base.

Objective: 1-C: Feint around Vesyr's base to draw attention of defenders.
Location: South of Vesyr's Base, situated slightly west of [member="Taeli Raaf"]'s group
Allies: Galactic Republic
Enemies: Vesyr and his forces

Off in the distance, the sound of mortars firing began, a pop-pop-pop followed by a series of explosions, muffled by distance and the shape of the battlefield. Closer targets erupted in visible plumes of bright orange and dark black, fading into the same telltale smoky grey that marked the array of previous artillery hits. The fortified structure stood resilient against the bombardment, its stalwart walls on the horizon a constant reminder of the horrors that had befallen this planet. Horrors they were here to correct.

That was the cue, as the large dark-skinned Korun Jedi stepped forward and beckoned the assembled party to gather around him. A mix of Jedi and Republic soldiers, the group was only a small offshoot of the main force gathering for a push towards the Nikto's base. Jerek looked to his master with a question on his mind, but once the man began to speak in a voice that could be heard for a good distance, calling in any stragglers who had yet to arrive, it all became clear.

"My name is Beck, I am a Jedi Knight, and this is Strike Group Cresh. If that's what you're here for, you're in the right place."

A round of chuckles could be heard within the group. The Jedi youth winced, knowing his masters better than most of the others here. Beck didn't play to an audience; the boy wasn't sure if the man even had a sense of humor. But the one thing he did know, the remark was not at all intended to be funny. Those who laughed were sure to receive an iron glance from the knight's sharp, brown eyes for their troubles. Jerek averted his gaze, despite himself. Beck would have been even more upset with his padawan for taking gleeful satisfaction in someone else's misfortune.

"Our mandate is simple. Completing it will not be."

"Our primary objective will be to make our way around the western side of the base in a feint. We are to cause as much disruption and mayhem as possible to draw the attention of our opponents. If we are successful, we will begin a retreat back here, reeling back our defenders as we go and allowing Aurek to encircle our foes from behind."

A murmur went through the crowd, prompting Jerek to turn back. Some of the Republic soldiers looked as if they had never heard the word 'retreat' before. Still, they were professionals, not children, and the squad members all nodded in agreement after a fashion. They would do their duty. It was, after all, what they had trained for. Lived for. Bled for. Surrounding by such commitment was awe-inspiring to the sandy-haired padawan, and in a moment of self-reflection, the boy resolved to be more compliant to Beck's instructions in the future.

The Korun man went on, ignoring the momentary ripple of concern from the gorup. "If we are not successful in our feint, our secondary objective is to reach the base, infiltrate it, and attempt to capture Vesyr."

A much warmer welcome to that instruction passed over the group. Even Jerek could agree that their second job was the most appealing. Serving justice would be a more satisfying conclusion to the day's work than just reeling in forces. Still, Beck's instructions gave no quarter for interpretation, the infiltration was only in the even that they failed to grab the Nikto forces attention. The idea of dangling the prize upon failure of the main task, Jerek pondered for a moment, was a brilliant strategic move. No one, not even him, wanted to fail. And yet, the idea of capturing the mastermind of this day was a temptation that was difficult to resist.

"Any questions?"

Jerek had a few, but he held silent as others spoke up, hoping to glean more by his own silence than a question. Ground combat was something he was unaccustomed to, and today was a chance to learn from the experience of others. Had this been a fighter pilot mission, the boy might have spoken out, pointing out a flaw or otherwise feeling out the scope of the mission. Today, that was best left for others. As they did so, the boy had a sudden thought, one that rarely crossed his mind when he climbed into the cockpit. Gazing across the battlefield, it struck him that the danger here was very real. It was not training, not a simulation. People were going to die today.

The idea unnerved the boy, and he shuddered.

Allies: GR
Enemies: Visyr and his folk
Post 3/20

Mantic stood still, watching as commander [member="Taeli Raaf"] directed her forces. She was a centerpiece of this operation. Hardly defenceless on her own but there were still many soldiers and jedi alike in her prescence.

As [member="Daren Silvari"] approached her asking to join the fray Mantic raised an eyebrow. A senator risking his life for the cause was admirable from the obvious aspect. But also a reckless decission. If the republic senators went out in the fray for their own glory they would regardless of their own intentions risk more then their own health. They risked putting their homeworld without republic representation and loosing valuable contacts within the senatorial political battle field.
They also risked throwing the republic into a poor position if rumors started to spread that the Galactic Republic could not protect their own senators.

Mantic closed his eyes. [member="Daren Silvari"] did eminate a sort of ambigious streak. There was openess yet stubborness in this ones mind.

The padawan took a deep breath and stepped up to @tiali raaf bowing deeply, awaiting her to recognize him to speak.

Allies: Republic forces
Enemies: Criminal scum

She waited a moment to respond to the Senator as she watched a few artillery shells hit a bunker, permacrete flying into the air with the flames and smoke of detonation.

"I must say, it's sort of refreshing to see a Senator out here on the frontline," Taeli said, lowering her macrobinoculars to look at the man. Padawan [member="Mantic Dorn"] stood nearby, possibly awaiting orders or acting on orders to keep her in relatively safety. "Senator [member="Daren Silvari"], while we are launching an artillery barrage currently to soften up their defenses, I need people to take some of the infantry platoons here and lead them into the breaches once they form."

She knew that there were others preparing to attack from other sides, and the artillery also served as a distraction for them to slip into position. Another boom echoed from the distance, an ammo cache having suffered a direct hit.

"If you wouldn't mind taking command of one of those platoons, that would be appreciated," Taeli said, her attention being waved over by an officer that had set up a holographic display of the area. Air forces would be on the way very shortly. "Padawan Dorn, if you wouldn't mind accompanying the Senator and making sure he comes back in one piece. We don't want our elected officials getting killed now do we."

[member="Mak Manto"] [member="Jerek Zenduu"] [member="Jaccer Ramirez"] [member="Caleb Brolen"] [member="Ka-Aver"] [member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Travot Ravenna"]

Daren Silvari

D
Allies:
[member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]
Enemies: Threats to the Republic

Daren nodded and his shoulders fell in a more relaxed position as the Jedi Master accepted his request and put him in command of a platoon of soldiers. He was pleased with the outcome of the situation as it were, but faltered slightly when the Jedi Padawan was asked to accompany him on his mission. He didn't need an escort, but he would not be one to say no to a Master of the Jedi, all Jedi no matter their rank were not to be underestimated - they all held power within them. So, he would accept the help of the Jedi Padawan, despite his very being shouting at him in protest.

"As you wish, Master Raaf.", his eyes turned towards the Padawan next to them and studied him, before he spoke to him, "I will await you at the front lines, Padawan Dorn. Take your time, but if you are not there when the breach appears - I will go in with or without your protection." His words weren't meant to be mean or commanding, but rather simple and factual. He may be a politician, but he liked to believe he was an honest one in every action that he made.

He turned from the two Jedi and made his way towards a leaderless platoon and then turned towards the fortress of Vesyr, watching as the artillery of the Republic fell on the permacrete walls, like giant fists of unyielding Judgment. He watched in silence before he turned towards the platoon behind him, roughly thirty soldiers in all, and he cleared his throat before he began to speak, "Soldiers of the Republic, I was once one of you before I was led down a different path of service to her. I come back to you today, not as a government official, but as one of you - The Vanguard against all Evils. I cannot guarantee all of your lives today, but I can guarantee that if we fall today in battle, we shall be remembered. Conserve your ammo, do not fire blindly, and watch each others backs. We are family in the field, brothers in arms, and we do not let others hurt our family!"

He ended his speech with the placing of his helmet on his head, and the drawing of his T998C in preparation for the battle. The platoon did not cheer at his words, but he could feel a sense of rising morale coming from them, so he assumed that he had done his job with his little speech. He was rusty in morale-boosting speeches, but he was satisfied with the silent swell of hope that rose in the hearts of his comrades, emanating from them in every action and fidget that they made.

They were ready for the battle, well as ready as one could be.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Objective: Objective 1 - Lead Saber Team and First platoon into enemy defenses.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Location: Oasis just to the west of the trenches[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Allies:Republic forces and allies (Any Character he comes across.)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Enemies:Mercenary forces under command of Vesyr.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][2/20][/SIZE]

A tool..That's all I am. That's all we are..That's all we're good for, is killing.

The Sergeant shifted his body back onto his stomach, pulling one knee up under him to prop himself up behind the thick brush. He felt presence around him as the rest of Saber team moved along the large roots to form a wedge-like formation facing the trenches. "Think you're going to get a medal after this one, boss?" Michaels, their demolitions expert, piped up as he pulled his helmet over his head, the visor illuminating with a sudden flash of dazzling blue lights, before dimming down into a dull, black shade. It was an odd question, but Valkren knew where it came from. It was because of Valkren that they had found the hideout of Vesyr. While Saber team was on Nar Shadaa they had come upon a jackpot of intel. After discovering the intel, he had taken it upon himself to go to the Supreme commander and ask for assistance in this mess.

"We don't get medals, Mikey. That's for the officers and all of the brass." A rather hick-like voice came from the Sergeant's left side. It was Watson, their designated marksman.

"Quiet fools, I'm trying to listen to this beautiful music." O'Connor, one of the assault specialists interjected as he slipped on his own helmet, the rest of the squad following suite. Ofcourse the irishman was referring to the barrage of High-explosive shells that were coming from a certain [member="Taeli Raaf"]. The rounds peppered the trenches and graveyard of ships meters infront of them. However, it was unclear whether or not any of the shells had impacted the two bunkers that were facing directly at his platoon. There was a haze of smoke and dust that had been kicked up around the trenches after the artillery shells slammed into the sand that surrounding them. The soldiers could see nothing beyond the graveyard of dropships and gunships, which meant that this was as good a chance as any.

"If any of you die today, I swear I will follow your asses down the hell and drag you back up onto the battlefield." The rest of his team smirked behind their visors as Valkren slid his helmet over, his system becoming functional as his HUD kicked into display. The Sergeant gripped his VLR-5 Assault blaster and stood up, raising his left hand off of his weapon, signaling the rest of first platoon to ready themselves.

"And to answer your question, Michaels.."

"Sir?"

"I expect the politicians to take this one."

His team almost didn't have time to laugh; before long Valkren had pushed his way through the brush into a sudden drop-off. As the Sergeant and twenty-five to thirty other marines suddenly appeared out of the oasis, the lush green vegetation turned to arid, cracked ground and burnt metal. There was an eerie silence in the air for a moment as all he could hear was he own heavy breathing behind his visor. Something was wrong, very wrong. The first rounds of shells had ceased falling, and the smoke began to settle. Flashes of red filled the horizon as blasters began to go off, firing in the direction of Valkren's approaching men. The sergeant slowed down to a shuffle at times, taking the time to lift his 'Valor' assault blaster up and take a few pot shots toward the trenches.

So far so good..

There had been no reports of casualties so far, the only chatter that came across the comms between squad leaders were just orders being barked out to their own men and allies. At few points during this brief charge toward the graveyard were statements of being grazed by a stray rounds, but at the moment the Nikto and mercenaries were still disorientated from the shelling. Their bolts weren't hitting anything as of now. Valkren lifted his left hand into the air, motioning for all of the squads to keep moving forward as they reached the first wreckage of a civilian dropship. "Keep moving and keep your heads down! Find cover in the wreckage!" Just after the sergeant stated this, he'd bring his hand back to his rifle to stabilize it, lifting it back up and aiming down the sights. They were in range of the trenches now, far enough away to where they could still avoid rounds with ease, but close enough to see the figures of the large Nikto enemies that stood at the front. He'd stop in place for a moment, holding his breath in as he let out a three round burst, watching as they slammed into the chestpiece of a mercenary. The hostile fell behind the safety of the trenches, yet he didn't reappear. First kill of the day for Calderon. Soon after confirming that the mercenary wasn't brave enough to show his face, he'd move to the cover of the wreckage where his team was, narrowly escaping the rounds of an enemy blaster.

Valkren took several moments to catch his breath before pointing to three marines that had chosen to take cover with saber team. "You three, move to the left on my count, we'll converge on the first trench!" They nodded as the sergeant held up three fingers, counting down and then moving around the corner with the other three men, leaving his squad behind the wreckage. As soon as they rounded the corner to move further up the hill toward the perimeter of the crater, a blue flash emulated from one of the bunkers. The emplacements in both bunkers had a clear view on the platoon now. The three men were gunned down as they attempted to move up the hill, Valkren only being saved by his squadmate, O'Riley. The second assault specialist pulled him in by his right arm just in time. "You have to be more careful sir! You go down and the whole platoon goes down!"

The Sergeant nodded, shaking his head for a moment to get the image of the three marines he just brought around the corner dying out of his head. He'd turn back to his men, looking to Young. "Inform the other squads to dig in within the wreckage. There's ample cover as long as they keep the mercenaries at ba-" Just then Valkren was cut off as he saw the figure of a Nikto guard coming up over the top of the dropship's wreckage. He'd lift his rifle up and crouch down slightly to make himself a smaller target. Firing off several shots, he peppered the hostile's chest, only letting the mercenary get off two shots that kicked up the ground somewhere behind him. "Tell them to use thermal detonators on the trench that is closest to them! That should give them enough time to get their bearings and regroup, make sure they wait for my go until they move any further!" Young nodded, backing up under the wreckage as far as he could to avoid any stray rounds as he relayed the orders to the other squad leaders. "O'Riley, O'Connor! Rotary cannons, now!" Both of the assault specialists nodded and hooah'd as loud as they could before pulling the compressed devices off of their backs. The rotary cannons decompressed as they moved to either side of the wreckage, spinning the weapons up and letting off short bursts toward the trenches to keep any brazen mercenaries away. The two bunkers continued their constant suppression on the platoon, working in a spraying-type manner. The Sergeant unclipped a thermal detonator from his utility belt and tossed it up and over the wreckage and into the trench. He didn't even listen to see if it actually went off or not, instead he clambered up the wreckage slightly to find where Michaels and Watson were in cover, exchanging rounds with the mercenaries in the trenches and avoiding fire from the bunkers. Calderon got into position, firing off more rounds in the general direction of the trenches as he spoke into the comms system.

"This is Sergeant Valkren Calderon of Republic first platoon, requesting any support assets. I have an Assault element pinned down by OPFOR forces. The trenches are no concern at the moment, we can take a few casualties if needed while we move into that maze. It's the emplacements we need tak-" Once again, he was cut off as the emplacement moved to his area, showering the dropship with a barrage of bolts. "We need them taken out before we move up! Unless you want only a squad available for when we get inside!"

Objective: Get the kark out of here

Allies: on me own it zeemz
Enemies: GR
Post 4/20

the stones flew across the corridor as the massive fortress was taking severe bombardment from the republic artillery positions. Vesyrs fortress was not something to ignore, but this time it was no rowdy mercenary group attacking. This was the freakin republic army! Not to mention their pesky jedis that always tagged along....

Ka-Aver almost tripped as stones flew past and the closest window blew open into double its former size. His head was ringing and his body acing from the rubble that had hit him. Coughing he got to his feet. He could hear how the fortress defensive turrets had started to return fire and Vesyr's men were rushing to defensive positions all over the place.
Kark this! This was a lost cause. He was going to get out of here no matter what.

Pulling out his com as he stood and started to jog forward. He was close to the platform where his craft was waiting.

"Get the zhip ready! We are outz of herez!" he shouted on the cartel channel they had prepared when landing.

But as he turned the last corner he saw why his men had not replied. The platform was a blazing inferno. Metalic rubble and burning cargo was all that remained. They must have recieved a direct hit from the bombardment.

Ka-Aver froze. This was not good. Not good at all. From the distance he could see fighters and bombers darting toward the fortress as well. The republic meant business. The fortress of course launched their counter attacks but Ka-Aver figured it would not take long for the mercenaries working for Vesyr to realize facts. But for now they held ground.

He turned and rushed inside the fortress again. He had to move to plan B.

Allies: Republic forces
Post 5/20

------------------------------------------------------

He had not even needed to suggest it. Commander [member="Taeli Raaf"] seemed to already have sensed his intention.

"Yes Master Raaf." he simply replied and bowed again. It had been a reassuring sensation to be close to the heart of the command of this attack. The commander was indeed very strong in the force and Mantic had recognized that immediately. Some padawans whispered about a dark streak in her but Mantic could not sense it. His was not the position to question either.

He therefore turned to [member="Daren Silvari"]

"It will be my honor to accompany you senator." he simply replied inclining his head. Then he opened his robes showing his jedi garment and his lightsaber hilt at the belt.

"I am ready." he explained and then positioned himself a few steps behind the senator. A position he intended to keep to the best of his abilities for the reminder of this battle.

Daren Silvari

D
Allies:
[member="Mantic Dorn"]
Enemies: Threats to the Republic

Daren started moving forward when the Padawan approached him and stated that he was ready, not replying but only giving a brief nod of his head as the comms in his helmet came to life with battlefield chatter and sounds of fighting. He was at a solid jog by now, aware of the imposing presence of the Jedi padawan behind him, as he and his platoon made their way towards the fortress. As they neared the fortress, perhaps only a few hundred meters away, he caught [member="Valkren Calderon"] 's words. He paused in his steps before ordering his men towards the destination of Sergeant Calderon, he didn't really know if he was requesting ground support or not, but if a breach had opened in the fortress walls, the Republic would need to take advantage of it as soon as possible.

So, with this in mind, he activated his own comm embedded in the side of his helmet and spoke into it, "Sergeant Calderon, this is Daren Silvari. We are coming to reinforce your position, and provide aid where we can. ETA is a few minutes, if not less." Short, simple, and to the point. It was the way battlefield talk should be, there was no place for long winded discussions or debates, it was part of what made him miss his life as a soldier, free from the constraints of politics.

As expected, Daren and his platoon, along with the Padawan Dorn would arrive next to Sergeant Calderon's platoon, and Daren seeing the sergeants own assault specialists going to work, he ordered his own to follow suit. Hopefully, that would lay down enough fire power to create the gap that he needed to get into the fortress itself. He expected casualties, which was why he did not flinch in the slightest when one of his own men was shot down by blaster fire.

He did not need words for his next action, as he aimed his own rifle and released a flurry of shots that managed to hit their target with extreme precision - his own experience in the field coming into play. It was then that he turned to the Padawan and spoke to him in a softer tone, "Padawan Dorn, do not go out of your way to ensure my survival. I will not have your death on my conscience, so I will request that you remain at my side, even if that would mean that I must navigate the field of battle with caution."

He wasn't underestimating the worth of the Jedi, he only was asking the Jedi to do what he thought was the smartest thing. He did not want to be responsible for the maiming, or death, of a Padawan of the Jedi Order - he wouldn't be responsible for it. So, he would keep the Padawan at a safe distance, even if that meant that he himself would not be able to maneuver the battlefield as he pleased.

Allies: Republic forces [member="Daren Silvari"] [member="Valkren Calderon"]
Post 6/20

------------------------------------------------------

After the senator had finished his speech Mantic realised the importance of inspiring leadership and what it meant to have people like Silvari working in the senate, for the people. Mantic had definately sensed questionable strokes in the mans persona but he was an elected represenative and for he had just shown through his speech that he belonged as such a one.

He then jogged behind the senator as he lead a platoon out no the fields below. Keeping a short but as respectfully distance as he could muster. His mind was beginning to become numb to the notions of the battle field further away as his mind was set to connect with the objective he had been given.
He was here to make sure to bring back the senator in one piece. Those were the words of Master [member="Taeli Raaf"] and he was in no place to question them or disregard from them.

Carefully he managed to shape a shield of force around the unaware [member="Daren Silvari"] while they were moving. This technique was not easy but it was a good way to make sure the senator had some extra protection. If Mantic managed to remain the shield it would also be a perfect way for Mantic to know when the senator was in danger, since parts of the wounds he would suffer would be physically transferred to Mantic himself.
To [member="Daren Silvari"] this would not be noticed, apart from perhaps a tingling sensation easily mistaken for a scratch or a tickle.

Mantic first felt proud as the connection was completed. He had practiced this before but this was the first time he was going to actually have to use it to its full extent.
He was so focused on the task at hand that he suddenly realized that he had missed something. They were now standing among another unit of troopers. A sergeant [member="Valkren Calderon"] who was leading a special unit.
Mantic frowned at his own mistake and made sure to refocus, keeping the shield for the senator active as well as pay attention to the surroundings from here on.

Mantic inclined his head toward [member="Valkren Calderon"] as they arrived and silently observed the conversation.

And when the senator addressed him to stay behind Mantic knew that this would be a tricky mission.
He tried to hide a heavy sigh and looked back on the senator.

"Senator, you are forgetting your role in the republic. My life is of no importance in comparison to your position. I will remain at your side whether you like it or not. Your duty lies foremost to your people and I will go to great length to ensure that they do not loose their elected representative."
Why cant politicians understand that they are not meant to be heroes. Politics was important and often hard work, that rewarded many but also but chains of restraints on the practitioners. When they tried to get rid of theose shackles bad things often happened, Mantic pondered. But again, he was not here to question. Merely carry out the instruction given.

"But I will try not to be in your way too much." he added in an effort to be at least somewhat diplomatic.

Then he bowed and then looked afar at the fortress ahead. He positioned himself prepared to parry blaster shots coming this way. Fore most to protect the senator and secondly to protect himself.

Objective 1
Allies: Republic
Enemies: Criminals

As we charged down the hill I saw a lot of men hit the ground and didn't get back up. As we got to the bottom of the hill we made it to a tree line where all blaster fire was more spread out and at different intervals. The squad commanders counted about six men down an two injured. We moved through the forest going cover to cover but it seemed that there weren't many mercenaries on this side but a lot of battle droids. Really older models or some that were scraped together. One was set in a machine gun bunker and the others were just patrolling. I contacted the command base and said "This is Devil team on position Echo-Charlie we have little resistance on the east side tree line. We might attempt to infiltrate the compound" Hopefully anyone heard that I have been getting mixed transmission all day. Well time to go to work.

[member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Daren Silvari"] [member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]

Objective 1
Allies: Republic ( [member="Caleb Brolen"] [member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Daren Silvari"] [member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] )
Enemies: Criminals ([member="Ka-Aver"] )

Solan sighed as he and his men looked towards the target, the former craning his neck for a moment as he smiled and took a good look over o the are. Very curious ones, look towards the enemy and ignore your flanks if you don't need to defend them at the moment. Granted he knew he couldn't just charge in with much of their defenses still intact. What he could do though was something quite strange in its own right.

"Commander, what do you think, one or two?" The man looked to his side at his second in command for the mission. The Second wasnt all that good looking, a face beaten by war on more than a few times, his hair gone and a cybernetic eye studying what they had before them with a curiosity that came to him. The light violet skin of the man, the skin of a Keshiri was scarred in a numerous amount of places that Solan had to give credit to. "Honestly sir, you would hit three bunkers doing it as long as you stuck to a straight path. You would be dead before you even got your blaster off your side."

Solan nodded and frowned as the Jedi and their republic soldiers were already getting ahead of him. "Well, i guess that settles it then, time to get started." He smiled as the man nodded off to his side and moved up a certain weapon of war that he rather enjoyed having with him. With that three Judge tanks, weapons of war that Solan had purchased from the ever faithful Phenex industries let loose two antimatter missiles each down on the North end of the Criminal defenses causing a bit of a smile as the flash came before utter chaos from each of those missiles. He had to admit, there was something enticing about a explosion if you forgot about the lives lost... but then you remembered and that enticing feeling left you to show the realism of what you had just done. "Time to end these Criminals boys. Oh and if we get to the guy first... Take him alive. The Republic will put him on trial and its not our operation this time." He hated letting a man like the one they were striking at live, but he was not the one in charge this time. If the Republic wanted to put this man on trial, let them... his men though, they would die if they did not surrender.

The next part was simple, his men would take up position behind the tanks as they moved forward, heading right for the base before them. Solan himself taking cover behind the third tank as it moved up the center and loosed a cannon shot at the enemy emerging from one of the decimated bunkers, wiping out those that made it and trapping the others. They could be rescued later and arrested but right now there was far more important stuff to focus on than a bunch of trapped Criminals.

Solan's ears picked up the conversation of the others and with a quick application of pressure his voice sounded over the republic frequency. "Reaper Unit moving up from the North, if someone could drop a quick pass by or artillery barrage on the last line of defenses that would be rather appreciated... Two hundred meters north of the compound itself, careful to aim not too far north though, five hundred meters maximum for error." He would keep his men back out of that range until he was sure that if a barrage did come it would not take with it friendly troops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom