Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild West Addendum - Bounty Hunters

In Canon, Bounty Hunting is a thriving source of income. It is a pivotal part of the Mandalorian identity and a driving force behind a plethora of stories. On Chaos...not so much. The reason being is that those who have bounties placed upon their heads are then able to evade capture via Private Threads. That, and imaginary money just isn't a great motivator at times. Today, I'd like to propose a rules addendum that would spice things up and give Bounty Hunters room to shine!

Wild West Addendum

Bounty Hunters are permitted to enter Faction threads in order to Hunt bounties posted in the Bounty Board.

Justification

When it comes to the average, faction thread, a Bounty Hunter, by default, is at a disadvantage. One literally has an entire faction's worth of opposition to deal with when attempting to Target their prey. I feel as though the presence of the faction as a native defense to the Target balances out the fact that the sanctuary of the thread is being invaded.

When it comes to dominions, which are now judged on story, a Bounty Hunter coming after a pivotal character adds a whole new layer of plot to the tale. Not only does the faction have to accomplish their goal, but they have to keep their personnel alive while doing it...or maybe even turn them over when they find out what they did last weekend.

This would also see the Bounty Board used quite a bit more. Hunters would feel as though they can actually Hunt. Factions would feel as though they have a way of retaliation against their adversaries without starting the next Great War. All in all, I think this addendum gives just enough freedom to Bounty Hunters that this iconic part of Star Wars won't be wasted on Chaos.

Please oh Staff Gods hear my plea.

Bounty Hunters: we want Staff to do our job for us instead of us working within an already clearly defined system of public threads vs private threads

Staff: why not just ask the FO? These types of requests get meta'd so hard in the long game. It would basically ruin faction threads because we can't regulate who a bounty hunter is.

Bounty Hunters: then regulate bounty Hunters

Staff: omg why. You can literally just ask someone if you can join the thread to hunt, it's not a big deal, why would you counter propose with a huge new system of logistics we'd need to track.

Bounty Hunters: We're mercs now, also we should be exempt from requesting aid rules.

Staff: Why can you not just ask to join threads, damn it.

Tef: I'm going to squash this, but only after Staff has a huge conversation of pros and cons that won't change my mind.

Staff: sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom