Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why PC?

A thread about why PC's are objectively better than consoles.

Rather than an obstructively long lead, here is a well organized Reddit post that goes into detail about the benefits of a PC.These benefits aren't opinions such as "the games are better," but tangible things such as cost, ease of use, performance, and more. One might find that a supposed reason to buy a console is actually not based on the truth.

At the least, take note that the article explains out how to buy a PC that performs better than a Xbox One or PS4 for $400.

The article also explains why someone like me would care about a console gamer's opinion (and potentially switch to exclusive PC usage).

I used to be a hardcore PC geek. I'd build it from scratch, try to find the best deal on parts, etc. And generally speaking I agree gaming on that a PC is a superior experience due to the flexibility of it.

By used to, I mean eventually I just got tired of it all together. Sometimes I'd rather just buy something that's made to do exactly what I want. For some games I'll always play them on PC, but when I care more about the game in itself I'll stick to my consoles.

Each offer something to different markets and sometimes there are cross-sections but it really depends on whether or not someone has the time for a PC or would rather blow money on a console.

Liona Mikael

Ain't nothin' a little hotwirin' can't fix.
I play on both. For some games, I like mouse and keyboard. MMOs, strategy games, the Sims. I also don't mind playing things like Dragon Age or Skyrim on PC (though Skyrim is for the incredibly modding capabilities). In other cases I really like playing on console. I like the feel of a controller, and I'm down right karking bad at shooters unless I have thumb sticks.

Plus my comp chair gets uncomfortable and I like laying on the bed to play some games.

Ornko'mad

The Mind Behind
As an exclusively PC gamer, the only console I follow with any degree of interest is the Nintendo. It's different enough, especially in these last two generations, to be worth a look.
That said, I don't care if my friends play on consoles. I just aim better with a mouse and keyboard than dual analog sticks.

Macharius Solaire

M
3a9.gif

I only do a select few games, mainly RPGs such as The Witcher Series, or The Elder Scrolls, and seeing as how limited my schedule is I never spent the time or money to buy a console that will only be used for video games, when I can use this for everything. Especially once Windows 10 comes out.

Silara Kuhn said:
I only do a select few games, mainly RPGs such as The Witcher Series, or The Elder Scrolls, and seeing as how limited my schedule is I never spent the time or money to buy a console that will only be used for video games, when I can use this for everything. Especially once Windows 10 comes out.
When Windows 10 comes out and it's the same stupid interface as Windows 8...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ​

So many reasons why PC eclipses consoles - it makes you think, requires you to be creative, expands your imagination with the wealth of games and tiles out there of all genres, its creates worlds unlike any you've seen and makes game play something of an art that isn't just mashing buttons.

lucasartsClasicos.jpg

You can't beat it.

Im all about the PC gaming mostly because I can keep the same system, but swap out a part for like 100+ bucks, but when the "next gen of gaming" comes out you gotta drop 400-500 bucks on -just- the machine. Not including the system only really plays games, watches videos or watches TV. PC has multiple uses. So you get more for your money IMO.

The downside though, most companies see PC gamers as second class citizens. I bring up the recent release of MKX. PC players had NO access to the game until a day AFTER the game was launched -even- then the game still wasn't up to par. While our console brethren was already rocking out story mode and online play. There's downsides and plus sides to PC vs Console. For me though I'll always be a PC warrior.

I've never bought a console. Never intend to.

The games I play are RPGs and strategy of various sorts. These are far superior on PC.

I can also use the PC as a media centre and do other things with it. I don't get consoles. On a PC I can play a 1999 game one day, then switch to DA3 the next easily.

Ornko'mad

The Mind Behind
Valiens Nantaris said:
On a PC I can play a 1999 game one day, then switch to DA3 the next easily.
This. The other day I went directly from playing the original Half-Life to Shadows of Mordor. The fact that you can do anything on a single machine is a huge plus.

Tellos

I play on both and yeah for me strategy is just rarely [with the exception of halo wars] any good on consoles. I love my consoles for some games prefer my PC for other things. atm due to finances I had to pick between a new PC build to power me for years and not rism my lap top that was then 8 years old dying on me. Or a new console. i picked the 1200 dollar PC build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom