Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who we are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRIM01b2_zpsrejfc5l9.jpg
Galactic Republic Intelligence Ministry (GRIM)
What exactly is GRIM? GRIM is the intelligence gathering agency for the Galactic Republic. GRIM, while funded through the military, is a stand alone branch that answers directly to the Intelligence Committee of the Galactic Republic Senate. The mission of GRIM is to defend the Galactic Republic from their enemies, both domestic and abroad, and to keep a careful eye on their friends.

Intelligence Committee:
[member="Faith Balor"] (Committee Head)
[member="Ater Notechis"]
Mark Crassis

External Affairs:
This is the branch of GRIM that is dedicated to espionage. Using a network of loosely connected intelligence cells, information is funneled into the Central Hub and analyzed by teams of experts who verify the information and formulate a plan of response and forward, typically, to the Galactic Republic Military.
Director of External Affairs: Mark Crassis

Internal Affairs:
This is the branch of GRIM that is dedicated to counter-espionage. The focus of this branch is ensuring the loyalty and security of the Republic itself by gathering intelligence on political officials, military personnel, and even the Jedi.
Director of Internal Affairs: [member="Ater Notechis"]

Analytics Department:
This is the branch of GRIM that is dedicated to using the information provided by both Internal and External Affairs. A typical day of an analytics agent is spent going through hundreds of lines of intelligence, translating vast amounts of data, and writing up reports on how to proceed with the information that is provided.
Director of Analytics: [member="Faith Balor"]

Current Members of GRIM:
[member="Ali Hadrix"] (Supervisor Agent)
[member="Fixx Kearney"] (Supervisor Agent)
[member="Rel Connory"]
[member="Julyet Thackeray"]
[member="Valo Porkins"]
[member="Mikaal Thraighn"]

Spying on Jedi is mentioned in the Domestic section of the outline, sooooooo....I brought it up.

It sounds very ominous, but that's what intelligence agencies do, seek out corruption and enemy activity within Republic society and government.

[member="Ali Hadrix"]

One of the early Shadow mission I had tried to get going but it never took off was a mission to discover a spy within the Ossus Academy. The story was going to be it was a young Knight who was feeding information to the OS, but the thread never got more than a few posts in.

We could certainly NPC out a bad-guy Jedi and have a mission of the sort happen.

I'm going to work up some ideas for missions as well and make a missions thread here. Should have a few up by the end of the day today! And of course, you guys are basically free reign to do as you see fit :p

I would also love to take on a story of misplaced judgement, where GRIM is roped into conspiring against an innocent Jedi after being duped by a more dangerous enemy within the Senate. I'm thinking that Jedi maybe serves as political opposition of some kind, and the baddie (maybe Durosian) in mind is attempting to secure some sort of corporate resources or legislative advantage.

Ali Hadrix said:
I would also love to take on a story of misplaced judgement, where GRIM is roped into conspiring against an innocent Jedi after being duped by a more dangerous enemy within the Senate. I'm thinking that Jedi maybe serves as political opposition of some kind, and the baddie (maybe Durosian) in mind is attempting to secure some sort of corporate resources or legislative advantage.
It would just be a rehash of the Asoka arc on CW. There are plenty of other ways to run that story, as opposed to using the senate as bad guys. You could approach a OS writer for to use as the protagonist instead for a more interesting story driven my PC's

I haven't seen the episode you're referencing, though I'm familiar with the baseline storyline; it's rehashed from a dozen and one different spy films and novels. The details can be worked out later, the point is to include stories that feature both the guilty and innocent targets, exemplifying the duality of espionage.

I'll develop a layout in the next couple of days that will express a much more attractive storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom