Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who We Are [Spencer]

Nisha Decrilla

N
The last time she'd been here, she'd made a mess. Not exactly an unusual thing where Anaya was concerned, but these circumstances had been...different. She hadn't been in her right mind. Some might argue that that was a permanent problem, and perhaps they weren't wrong. Perhaps Anaya was and always had been utterly insane.

Perhaps.

She liked to think it was a bad patch.

Her neck had been snapped, a bounty put up and a man had whisked her out of trouble and out of time to recover until things had died down. Others involved had taken the term 'die' very literal. Mikhail was dead. A piece of her went with him, a past she would never forget, perhaps one she regretted. Fingernails tapped on the wine glass in her hand and she smiled.

Perhaps not.

This man. Her saviour. Her lover. Her Emperor.

[member="Jared Ovmar"].

The may have been a tiny, not so tiny, problem with that and it came in the form of a Jedi, not so Jedi, blonde pussy cat. [member="Spencer Jacobs"]. That she may or may not have invited to see her in the apartment on Annaj.

She and Spencer, working alongside one another, for an Emperor. Deja vu?

Most definitely.

The invitation was surprising. Though that was just the surface of words Spencer could express when she had read the note. She knew there was something going on with Jared and it seemed that something was Anaya. They met face to face over some cake, which to those who would remember - would call it déjà vu.

Spencer had no clue who Mikhail Shorn was or how he was tied to her past. The only person in this galaxy who could enter her mind, past the barriers upon barriers she created moved swiftly at the plea of his granddaughter. So Mikhail Shorn was no one to her and bits of her past that were tied to him and probably Anaya were lost to the recesses of space and time.

Now she was here standing in front of the apartment door. It had been a good 20 minutes past the meeting time that Anaya had set, but the blonde couldn't bring herself to announce her presence. After another long a gruling 10 minutes, Spencer finally knocked on the door. [member="Anaya Fen"]

Nisha Decrilla

N
Spencer didn't need to announce herself, you didn't spend years having someone as an arch enemy and not know when they were around. Anaya would know her presence anywhere, but she wasn't going to open the door, nor was she going to call out and say 'i know you're there'. ahd the tables been turned, had Spencer been in her shoes, Anaya would have waltzed through the door full of sass and with one goal.

To make Spencer stutter and blush.

Anaya smiled. Oh how very different they were. Their lives had been so entwined but they were so very very different. She drained the glass in her hand as the knock came. "It's open, Spencer. It's been open for the half hour you've been standing out there." she called out, smirking. She would have her back to the door when Spencer entered into the vast living space. An 'L' shaped couch took up the center of the room, a minibar rested to one side of a floor to ceiling window that granted them an incredible view of the city.

Her saberstaff rested on a table before the couch. A gesture perhaps?

Hardly. Anaya and Spencer didn't exactly need weapons to attempt to kill one another. "Would you like a drink?" she asked, smiling as she turned, though it didn't quite reach her eyes.

Go figure.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Spencer walked in and pulled up the shoulder of the slightly too big spacer jacket. It seemed in her rush to get dressed she accidently grabbed Ashin’s jacket. Adjusting it to make it feel like it fit better, Spencer stood there for a moment taking in the entire room. Her eyes fell on the saberstaff and felt the ends of her hair stand up slightly, her guard was up and it would more than likely remain up. The offer of a drink snapped her out of her sensing. Hazel eyes fell upon the red woman and quickly with a bit of childishness; Spencer shook her head.

“I’m fine, I’m not thirsty.” Taking another couple of steps into the room she stood by the couch and plopped herself down trying to work out why Anaya had called for this meeting, especially unsupervised. Spencer didn’t look at Anaya, but focused on a small dot on the wall and sighed softly.

“You seem to be doing better for youself. Take your meds this morning?” [member="Anaya Fen"]

Nisha Decrilla

N
Anaya managed a false chuckle. "That's funny." she sniped sarcastically "Because having a powerful sith lord play with your head is funny isn't it? I suppose with your skills you would see the amusement in it." The smile dropped from her face and she picked up her empty glass and a clean one for Spencer along with a carafe of red and brought it to the table. she made a point of setting the empty glass in front of Spencer with a thunk, pouring her own glass form the carafe first, taking a swig and leaving it there for Spencer to make up her mind whether she was going to grow up or not.

If Anaya was going to kill her, it wouldn't be through poison. She'd never been a fan of poisoning powerful enemies. the little ones you have no time for? Sure, but the ones who deserved your time and respect? Absolutely not.

"Fate, it would seem, has landed us on the same side again. And with a party we both care greatly about at the head of it. Been a while since we cleared the air, don't you think?"

Spencer kept her thoughts to herself. She knew if Anaya wouldn’t have gotten herself in the predicaments she tended to get herself into - she would have been fine. You could only screw over the same people so many times. Keeping her opinion to herself, she looked at the glass and continued to not having anything to drink. She really wasn’t thirsty. Shrugging off the jacket, she folded it neatly and placed it on her lap. Silence was something she felt awkward in especially with someone she’s used to going back and forth with.

From the corner of her eye she looked at Anaya and shrugged. “I haven’t decided who’s side I’m on yet. I care for Jared, but the man has ambitions that well maybe too much for him. He dreams big, but never looks at the little details. Its how he’s always been.” Spencer rested her fist against her chin as she fell into a deep thought. “I want to support him, but his choices make me question if this is what the Fringe wants. If this is the path she is meant to follow.” Looking at Anaya and dropping her hands into her lap, "If he's the man that she is meant to follow." [member="Anaya Fen"]

Nisha Decrilla

N
Anaya took a deep drink from her wine. "Force, you've been here two minutes and already you're annoying me." She rolled her eyes "One man can't see all the details of a big picture. He can take what information he knows and do what good he can with it, but he needs more eyes to spot the finer details. He needs good counsell, cooperation from those with a greater knowledge of the smaller matters. No Emperor or Empress got anywhere on their own."

She grinned. "Besides, he has me." she rolled the wine glass between her palms settling her eyes upon Spencer's "And I excel at the little details."

“Remember you’re the one who invited me. This is your fault.” Spencer narrowed her eyes and finally poured herself a small amount of the wine finally. She didn’t drink any of it, but allowed it to sit in the air for the time being. Brushing aside a strand of blonde hair from her brow, she shrugged once more. “If you were all he needed then why would he have come to me about this? Why would you be calling me here? To gloat?” Finally reaching for the glass, she took a small sip.

“If you brought me here so you could gloat you wasted your time. If you asked me here to try and fully pursuade me to place myself one hundred percent behind him then get on with it. Telling me things that I know already doesn’t help your case. You forget I was directly under Ashin during her reign as the Sith Empress." [member="Anaya Fen"]

Nisha Decrilla

N
Anaya closed her eyes and counted very slowly to ten in her head before opening them again. Her eyes still glittered with anger at the comment, but she contained it. Just about. There were something that she would simply never forgive, nor forget. "Yes, thank you for the reminder, I had completely forgotten." she replied coldly "It's not like I wasn't there or anything."

"I didn't call you to gloat, Spencer. I have nothing to gloat about that you don't already have yourself. Kinda defeats the object of gloating. I called you here because I love Jared. Because, as much as I hate it, he cares for you. You built the foundations of the man he is today, that is why he comes to you. Because he values your counsel." She drained the glass and set it on the table.

"If you chose to decide against supporting him, I'm not going to complain. All the more reason for me to kill you. If you decide to support him...well, that's why we're here, because we need to establish that we have the same goals. The less we argue in front of him, the better he will focus on the matter at hand. Better that than his future wife and...sister..." the word left a bad taste in her mouth "arguing."

Spencer scrunched her nose at the comment about them being related. It was literally the last thing she ever wanted, but that's how it was. She was always the first to preach that you can’t help who you fall in love with and now was the time for her to suck it up and stay true to her words. Her shoulders relaxed and she lowered her defenses enough so that Anaya wouldn’t feel threatened. Reaching for the glass that was filled she took a sip and leaned back into her seat.

“I’ll always support him no matter what he chooses to do. If he decides to burn himself alive I’ll be there waving a flag saying “go Jared”. Either way, I’ve already sworn allegiance to him so there’s no reason to threaten me.” Another sip came as she did her best to wet her lips to help stop any venom from coming out of her mouth. “As long as you treat him well, I don’t have any...reason to dislike you Anaya - everyone deserves happiness.”

“I do hope you treat him well and that he doesn’t hurt you.”

[member="Anaya Fen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom