Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who here plays Stellaris?

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
They're pretty trivial if you've been building up your military constantly and they warp in late-game.

If they're not near you, just build up as you can. Battleships with max lances should do fine (currently totally overpowered). Lances work even better against the swarm, just bring along some PD as well. If you can't afford Battleships, Destroyers with lances are fine too.

Combat will be getting a huge overhaul in the upcoming patch but for now it's totally unbalanced crap. Fighters and kinetics are worthless, range is king, Corvettes are also worthless.

Cyrus Tregessar said:
They're pretty trivial if you've been building up your military constantly and they warp in late-game.

If they're not near you, just build up as you can. Battleships with max lances should do fine (currently totally overpowered). Lances work even better against the swarm, just bring along some PD as well. If you can't afford Battleships, Destroyers with lances are fine too.

Combat will be getting a huge overhaul in the upcoming patch but for now it's totally unbalanced crap. Fighters and kinetics are worthless, range is king, Corvettes are also worthless.
The Heinlein path's combat redo looks pretty interesting.

I have it, but I'm not sure if I enjoy or not. I've only played for two hours, and I'm flip flopping on whether or not to return or keep it.

Fatty said:
I have it, but I'm not sure if I enjoy or not. I've only played for two hours, and I'm flip flopping on whether or not to return or keep it.
Paradox games get better over time. If you can I'd wait to decide after the next update which will include a DLC and free content to the game. They tend to upgrade their games like that where a DLC comes out and also new free features which help the game get better. Did it with Europa and Crusader Kings and even a little with Vicky. And next update looks killer to be honest.

Bunker-level Normal
[member="Phislo Bress"]

With the unbidden, you want Neutron Torpedoes and Lancers. Basically, DO NOT let them get in close quarters combat with you, or they will rip your ships to shreds. Kinetics don't do much to them, but you can certainly use late-game torpedoes if you lack the energy versions, just make sure you have plenty of corvettes/destroyers/cruisers as a screen for your battleships.

Also, you'll want at least 20-30k CP per fleet, if not more. If your war machine can't support that, then give the Unbidden a wide berth for now. Work at picking away at their edges, if you're successful in defeating a fleet of them, you can salvage their tech for better weapons. Try starting a war with a small empire you know you can beat, ignore that empire and instead use your ally fleets auto-follow mechanism to lead them to the Unbidden fleets and take a few down until you can do it on your own.

The gauntlet to the unbidden portal is a tricky one, especially as they will recall their fleets as soon as you engage them in combat in their home system. You'll either need to destroy as many fleets as you can before the final push, or bring plenty of ships/friends to hold them off. If you can draw their fleets to the opposite side of the system, one fleet of 10-20k CP should be able to take down the portal, even while drawing fire from an unbidden fleet at long range.

Matthias Draay said:
So are we going to play a multiplayer game? Or are we just talking about this?
I would like to. I'm trying to gauge interest. It would be a roleplay server (of course), and I have some mods from Steam Workshop that are pretty fun. Mainly Ethics and Government Rebuild, Beautiful Universe, and No Clustered Starts.

Verz Horak said:
Ethics and Government Rebuild,
I actually really have a problem with the balance on the various choices with that mod. Likewise the original Ethics from the game are not updated with the latest patch.
The other mods I'm okay with.

Matthias Draay said:
I actually really have a problem with the balance on the various choices with that mod. Likewise the original Ethics from the game are not updated with the latest patch.
The other mods I'm okay with.
I have no problem dropping the Ethics and Government mod.

Anyone who is interested, join me on Discord. I'm Verz #4050. Add me and I'll add you to the sever chat.

I also forgot to mention I use the Gods and Guardians mod. tl;dr is that it allows for Observation Posts to either have early stage primitives believe you are gods and give tribute (Minerals and Credits) or later stage primitives as their Guardians and you provide material and credits but get research and a bit of influence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom