Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where To Build When All Else Fails? (Animus)

Why, the answer was simple: Space.​

Where else was a natural near perfect vacuum? Where else was space not a true issue? Where else was temperature such that it was easy to keep things cool?​
The answer to that was equally simple: Nowhere.​
The biggest question was: How to get there?​
The answer was still simple, yet so very difficult to obtain.​
Spacestations and Shipyards​
Ultimatum had looked at trying to obtain a shipyard. It was both an expenisve and time consuming process. It would also probably require placing himself within the galactic field as a competitor. He didn't want that, but he did want to have the ability to work on ships and create new ones. He was certain that in the future he would have starships to maintain and build.

But, these were concerns that he had to put aside. An ally, [member="Animus Malgus"], had called a meeting, not giving a distinct reason but saying that it would be mutually beneficial. Ultimatum was a bit unsure as to the truthfulness of the statement, but he was willing to go and see what he had to offer. The meeting was set at Progenitor Facility. He had Legion go and pick the Sith up.

-----------------

As was usual for Legion, he was incredibly irritated at the fact that he was playing little more than a taxi service for a droid brain that could pilot itself. Nothing less than a thermite mine would stop this vehicle and yet Ultimatum insisted that Legion always make certain nothing went wrong. Here he was, sitting in front of the spaceport, waiting for some Sith he had met once. Why did they have to waste his time? He wasn't going to stand outside the car, the temperature was oppressive and Legion had the air conditioning blasting to keep the temperature below 100 degrees Celcius.

Animus approached Legion on his Z-95 headhunter before dropping near the amazing Droid he had met before, Legion was a temperature as Animus could never survive, no Organic could... Unless he was wearing Tundra clothing because he just got back from Keisler V and had been training with a little friend called Darth Erebos on a little thing called Tapas. Animus was hard pressed to begin to learn it however, the rages and the Harshness of the Place had convinced him it was a necessary skill to have. He just needed to test it.

This was the Second time he had requested a meeting with Ultimatum, this time, he had a more complex business proposal, one that would not only evolve LOOM, but give the Mustafar Lord even More Power.
As he got inside the first thing he said to Legion was. "Turn the AC up, it's hot in here." And immediately fired up his Tapas to make the temperature in his body skyrocket. He was now hard pressed to even survive inside Legion but he was going to do it. The Speed Legion Dropped the Temperature was not equal to the speed Animus raised doubled and even tripled his normal temperature hearing the voice of T'zanith in his mind repeating the procedures on how exactly to do it. He finally got to the point where it around -5 degrees fahrenheit, he compensated with his Tundra gear and brought it up a little bit more... survivable. He shivered through the ride. Animus did not get to train this ability while in Keisler V, he would make up for it now... Harsher.

[member="Ultimatum"]

Legion found himself a little concerned for the organic in the back, a mental transition had occurred during the drive. He found the temperature very comfortable, the air wasn't humid enough to allow the freezing temperatures to cause ice to form on his metallic body. Thr cold did however speed up his conducting rate and gave him a slight clarity that he rarely had on a planet that was constantly hot enough to melt metal. No, he was fine. The organic seemed to handle himself fairly well. He could last the small time before they reach the facility.

Ultimatum was there waiting for them. He was surprised to see [member="Animus Malgus"] shivering. He asked, "You alright?"

[member="Animus Malgus"]

Once outside in mustafar the Temperature got back to normal.. well... Mustafar Normal, which was the exact opposite of the inside of the Cab. From below 100 degrees celsius it spiked up to the exact opposite of the spectrum. The Training was over, and Animus stepped out quite content with himself by maintaining a cold, but survivable temperature. Donning off his cloak and now with just his regular clothing. Last time Animus hardly felt the massive cold because he was thralled by Legion and did not even notice, now however... he wanted to test his might.

"I am fine my friend" Animus said with a laugh "And i have good news!" Animus stepped beside Ultimatum with a satisfied grin. "Through the Power of the trade conglomerate and Viceroy Jaster i have now the ability to not only Build a Shipyard in Orbit but to Mass produce Frigates for the Conglomerate" Animus set a holo net feed with all the details in Ultimatums hands. "I was hoping loom could take use of it while i manage the shipyard itself. " Animus then pulled out the Image of the Frigates he meant construct. "I need 300 of these to be build by the end of this Standard year, and a Contract with the Trade Conglomerate" Animus then Activated a com Link to send a long distance transmission to [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] if he wanted to Holographically enter the Room, he could, he was of course an Important person in the Negotiation. "A steady supply of ships will be created in the Shipyard, but allowing Loom ownership of the Shipyard and do what it pleases with it" Animus smiled handing another input in the Holonet. "As tanking the contract with myself i would be the Commanding Officer and Shipbuilder in the Facility with access and freedom to its materials and workers for my private projects, which you both have seen." Referring of course to the Cortan Blade but not excluding to any other Unique projects he might need the use of the Shipyard close. "And my standard Shipbuilding fee" That part was unnegotiable, builder for both the Conglomerate and Loom charged not per hour, but per produce. No less than a fifth of the ship's individual value, per ship, However because of his privileges with the station he cut his own fee by a third, to make it fair. Meaning Animus would earn one fifteenth of a ship's standard value, per ship, and not a credit less.

"This is good news." Ultimatum looked through the files and began calculating uses and expenditures. It would take a bit to get the structure running and fully enabled. However, the fact that there would be a shipyard for use was more than enough to make Ultimatum willing to put effort into its production. He knew it would require some extra work on his part to put the shipyard in orbit and to keep the exact details hidden from the locals. He didn't need a fight going on about a shipyard that was supplied by a Sith. "How soon will the materials be here?"

[member="Animus Malgus"]

Animus smiled. "They already are My Lord" Animus looked up to the Sky where a massive fleet of Materials was Orbiting Mustafar just recently and more jumping out of Hyperspace by the second. "I am not one to take things slow... " Animus threw his Arms up in victory and with the Force Pulled out a Bottle of Brandy he had been saving for this occasion. "A toast... To the Future, of all our Endeavors... and the fools who have no idea the Power we will command" Animus drank from the Bottle full swing and handed it to [member="Ultimatum"], he did not know if the Machine could Drink however it is the thought of the toast that counts. "I will be working on making at least three more Shipyard the the one you have created and give LOOM the power to use them..." The thought mused as the Harsh liquid was stinging his lips. "I will make sure loom becomes massive, powerful and a force to be reckoned with... allied with the Trade conglomerate not only can we build a fleet of Warships that will make the Outer rim temple... but build an Army of Droids if we so wish" That part was unspoken until now... a fleet would need soldiers, a fleet would need an Army... and Animus could now draw upon the One Sith Soldiers to Stock them... he would need.. other means of manning the ships.

Army of droids... it was a thought that Ultimatum had had at one point. The droids that he had as sentinels at the moment were quite deadly and would have made a great army, but alas he did not have the resources to fund or produce such a massive sized force. Now he would be able to produce ships, but that did not change the fact that some materials needed were not to be found on a planet of solely rock and metal. Such things as silicon dioxide, an important proponent of computer manufacturing, were simply too rare on a planet with no naturally occurring sources.

Now the advantage was that the planet did have resources considered valuable by those in the galaxy. Crystals, metals, and even some of the rock were wanted by even a few of the people in the greater galaxy. This would play to Ultimatum's hand as he could supply himself while allowing the Sith to provide for that which they wanted to produce. He would have to be careful, had to be grateful to the Sith who had been so gracious as to share this shipyard. He could have easily simply added it to the Sith shipyards and keep the yard for the Sith, instead he was trying to help LOOM. A worthy cause, but the motive for which Ultimatum was a bit unsure of at the moment. He didn't understand completely why he was willing to do so much for a droid that he knew very little about.

[member="Animus Malgus"]

Animus nodded, thinking things clearly now before speaking to make things very clear.
"My idea is that after this project we can start working on a bigger, land based factory where we can make Armor, Droids, Weapons and Technology for the Open market or for ourselves." Mythos motioned to the Shipyard itself. "Now that the Shipyard is Under Loom, it will also need something extra, a Workshop and a Factory will do nicely. "Mythos now pulled the Specs for something he had not shown Ultimatum.

"This is a bit more complex for me than a Shipyard" His voice all business and realism, in front of Ultimatum was the specs of a very large and complex Factory capable of building... Legions of Legions. "If we can make the Mythonian factory a reality, Loom will have the ability to Mass produce Droids and Armor." Another spec came up this one of 7 frigates.
"This is another project i will be working on" Mythos said smiling waiting

[member="Ultimatum"]​

Ultimatum looked at the plans. Yes it was quite complex... and massive enough to be difficult to conceal. Of course, the ability to conceal would be unnecessary when it became possible to defend it. That was a nice change, though he still would have preferred a facility easy to hide away. He could deal with it though. There would be a lot of droids and other such that could be produced through here. He noted one problem.

"This is very impressive. Though, I think that we will need one thing ironed out. Mustafar is very prolific in regards to metals, as you well know. However, there is the problem of the advanced items such as the computer chips. Those resources must be imported, I believe that means that in order to utilize this facility to its full potential then that there would need to be a constant supply for the sole use. Do you have a plan for that?"

He was glad that such a facility was possible, but he needed to be certain that it would be supplied in ways that he could not himself take care of.
[member="Darth Mythos"]

Mythos smiled nodding, he had taken that into account and he knew Mustafar could not supply this facility alone, much less mass produce what he was thinking without the help of such things. "I can get what we need with a little Blood and Diligence" Mythos laughed in a well good mood, truer words never spoken, Blood and Diligence was the way Mythos did business and business was good.
"What i will need however is the specs of what we will need for the Factory" Mythos frowned cocking his head to the side "I'm not very knowledgeable about technologies apart from ships, so computer chips and electronics, Far from my area of expertise, you tell me what we will need to be mass produced, and i will see to it that we have a steady supply of it exactly"

"From what i hear a friend is making a new company, if i can convince him to set up a Factory to produce what we need and give us a steady supply, we got that done. Besides, he kind of owes me a favor anyway" Mythos said booming in confidence with a wide smile
[member="Ultimatum"]​

Ultimatum was convinced, though he hoped that the friend he was speaking of was not some individual who had been forced into the position. He didn't quite like the sound of blood and diligence, it was all too Sith for Ultimatum's taste. The problem was that he enjoyed the results. There were things he still had to decide for himself in regards to how he saw what went on around him.

Ultimatum brought up some of the computer schematics in his mind, they were fairly simple, most droids and ships were at their base run by pretty normal chips. It was good to keep things standardized like that. "Very good then. I will have the list of chips and materials I need sent to your ship via the HoloNet once I have completed it. Is there the possibility of seeing what this friend's company is capable of?"

He didn't doubt that [member="Darth Mythos"] had faith in his friend, but Ultimatum had to keep quality at a premium, especially when building things such as droids and spaceships.

"Yes sir! when we are in Csilla i will beam you up to be present at the Meeting if you wish, if you cannot then the message will be delivered and you can take a look at the meetings by yourself. " He smiled nodding, His friend was actually one who could deserve the title and earned it no less. T'zanith was not just a Sith, he was a smart Sith. "You will like him. He's actually quite pleasant to be around. You know... if you can get past the Miralukan sense of humor." Mythos had been waiting to light this cigar, made for him by Endorian Smugglers in thanks for a small mission that took place a few months ago Mythos actually asked not for tones of credits instead preferred the finer things in life.

Smoke leaving his mouth in a rhythmical way almost Mystical he pondered the schematics, "I believe the Company is called, Zuguruk, or something like that it's Miralukan, hard to pronounce for what you call... " Mythos shot him a wink. "Us Organics" Laughing he pulled up a datapad that contained the little info there was on the unremarkable comapny. "It's a small company... for now." His voice letting it be known that it would not be that way for long.
[member="Ultimatum"]​

"Just like LOOM." Ultimatum smiled as he responded, swiping his hand slowly back and forth, almost lazily. He knew that there was more to this than helping either company, he guessed it was for [member="Darth Mythos"]' personal advancement. Of course he did not really know that, it was an assumption that he had made a little while away.

"I believe a meet would be good, if possible. Though, it is not required." He was a busy droid and so having a meeting would take place of other things that he would normally do, but he needed to know ahead of time so as to clear his schedule. It was always surprising how easy it was to move around appointments. He did however have a new order to send out. He had to oversee the construction of the new shipyard. He had to think about it quite a bit. It would require fore thought in order to know what to build.

He had to plan ahead. He had to prepare for what his enemies would do. He needed Foresight.

Mythos nodded puffing away at the Cigar with a knowing smile on his face, "Not... for long" He said shooting Ultimatum a wink before pointing at the massive construction ahead. "Back in the ancient days of the Separatist Wars Mustafar was one of the biggest mass production planets in the outer rim with backing from all over the Galaxy, one Viceroy of Genosia backed the Fiery world up..." Mythos said almost talking to himself gazing upon the blazing fires that covered the entire surface of Mustafar.

"I am to make it something like that... only better and this time with a more Intelligent Viceroy" Mythos said knowing that Ultimatum would catch the reference. Everything was made possible thanks only to the Good Viceroy of Clan Awaud, it was him that got the ball rolling, his company that gave Mythos the first go ahead, now he was going to Link all three companies in Mutual support equally. "as he would say... Trade Makes the Galaxy go round.. i disagree" Mythos said in a somber tone tacking the Cigar and dumping the Ashes next to his boot. "War shapes the Galaxy more profoundly than trade..."
[member="Ultimatum"]​

Ultimatum nodded in agreement, though he had always thought of one thing more effective than all that, need. All creatures had needs, out of those needs came wars, trade, and invention. To Ultimatum the organics were trying to take care of all their needs, while missing the most important one. They needed boundaries. They always seemed to work better when they had a goal or a line which they could not cross. Certainly many would cross the line and that was the point, they would want to break that rule. Make an artificial boundary and allow them to cross it. That was Ultimatums idea.

"Then we shall have to shape the war. Shouldn't we?" Organics tended to be that way, very easy to manipulate. Not all, the man in front of him was possibly one that Ultimatum would have to work over before trying anything. But, eventually all organics were tricked. There was no way around it.

[member="Darth Mythos"]

Mythos laughed at the Machines reasoning and nodded shaking his Cigar at him "Very much so, It was basically what Mustafar was initially meant to do back in those days, Shape the War, but before that we need to be capable of making sure we can constantly keep a supply of the things any War Needs. " Mythos shook his head trying to make a bit of sense of his next plan.
"This is why the Growth of All my associate companies that represent me is so important, a conglomerate of Companies that work together to help each other grow more and more capable of fitting the specific things that i need."
Puffs of smoke left his lips like a black Demon that possessed him, his thoughts swirling as much as the smoke swirled in the room. The Fires of Mustafar were for some reason hypnotizing to him, the lord of Mustafar did not boast of his dominion, he did not take pride or at least if he did he never showed it... this Troubled Animus, Troubled him deeply because if the Lord of Mustafar himself did not take pride in his planet it gave way to the thought that something was not... perfect...
"First you will be needed to set up the Location and then we can start building the Factory, keep in mind if we are to produce mass quantities of Droids or Armor or vehicles we will need a big area. " Mythos smiled taking the thought to his head before adding. "As you know i prefer quality over quantity in this case i am hoping we can have both"
[member="Ultimatum"]

Always space. That was the greatest enemy to any production, there was simply no space! Organics didn't seem to realize this until there was nothing left to fill, or so little that it was too late. Ultimatum had taken precautions by stunting the growth of various cities on the planet outwards, instead forcing them to dig into the ground or build up. He was almost always painfully aware of the fact that this planet was an incredibly limited spacial position, he couldn't build a facility in a volcano, or inside a lava lake. This planet was brilliant at hiding things however, its molten metal and rock made for horrible scanner readings, which allowed Progenitor Facility to be hidden as it was, only a few meters beneath the surface. The river nearby created such a disturbance that most basic scanners couldn't detect the extra metal nearby.

A whole factory though? That would be an interesting puzzle. Of course there were places on the far side of the planet, or truly anywhere. It he dug deep enough he could bury almost any sort of structure, probably even an ion cannon if need be. The difficulty was in keeping it from taking up too much of the space period. It would need to be able to build droids and armored vehicles. That meant a pretty decent sized facility with plenty of storage. Beyond that he didn't require much. The nice part about factories was that generally the tools and machines that did most of the work were quite small and didn't require much room to work in. He would simply have to cut down on the amount of space for overseers. He could probably make the entire system run by a single computer, possibly even a portion of himself, and then could remove the need for overseer room period. that would make the facility tiny compared to what was normally required for organics.

"I think I can handle that. Do you have a preference as to where the factory will be?"

[member="Darth Mythos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom