Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When you find yourself in a hole, keep digging

Max pressed a shovel deep into the thick dirt that sat underneath Genosis's thin sandy surface. A cigarette sat in one corner of his mouth and his hands were gloved. His black bandana covered his nose and he wore standard unmarked RA Army fatigues minus the blouse and cover. To his left and right were two similarly dressed members of AOSS and a few Geonosian locals. The Admiral had given the newly appointed Director of Intelligence a large amount of authority and freedom in helping with planning in certain areas. The defense of Genosis being one of them. His first order of business was to expand heavily on the already expansive network of tunnels running beneath the surface of the planet and add areas where the Genosians could ambush an invader. Along with Rebel Army elements. The fascists would find themselves in deeper shit than they had the previous illegal invasion if they chose to return. Besides his team there were a dozen others performing the same duty in separate directions. The Marine Corp Infantry stationed above who complained about their responsibilities where rotated out with the tired. They were working twelves and had been doing so for the better part of a week, as one never knew when one's enemies might return. Max had been along with them the entire way, keeping with his leadership style and personal philosophies.

Besides the fact that this was being done the old fashioned way because of an annoying lack of modern equipment. Such was the way of the Alliance. They didn't always have the same resources as their looming oppressors. Though they made up for it with sheer force of will. Max had been amazed at the tenacity displayed by his new found comrades.

They simply would not fold.

He continued digging in silence as he thought.

Not far from Maximillian, Blane was also digging with his shovel while sweat seemed to fall freely from his face on the ground. Although he used to laugh, smile or at last try to make it seem more funny in moments like these, this time he kept a blank face not showing any sign of being tired. Right now, he would prefer a true mission, a rescue operration, a battle against the sith empire, anything where his skills would be put to good use, anything that would help the rebellion to get closer to it's goal. Even if he knew this mission was important too, he simply prefered something more.

For few seconds he stopped from his current work and looked at his comrades arond him and suddenly started digging again falling into his thoughts, it was easy to imagien a perfect life, it was the life he lived as a child, when he thought everything to be perfect and danger to be just a word for something that does not exist.

[member="Maximilian Vinticus"]

As the Pheobus dropped out if the sky, Nyos guided it into the area below where Rebel and Geonosians alike were busy digging away at the crust of the Bug planet. Nyos had recently allied himself and his company to tge RA and was here to lend a hand. He'd brough all 25 of his Z3 labor droids, Z4 Cargo Mover droids and Z5 maintenance droids to lend a hand. As well as 100 Milenici volunteers.

After landing a ways off, to minimize dust, Nyos and his 175 helping hands unloaded and moved to the dig site. Leading the group was Kevin, Nyos' second in command. A very respected Milenici and brilliant assistant. All the Milenici were armed with shovels, picks, hammers and Greg brought boombox.

Kevin began directing all the units to their respective tasks while Nyos approaced Maximilian.

"Good morning Sir, I am Nyos Val. CEO and Founder of InVal Vybernetics. I come bearing gifts of helping hands and it would appear that Greg brought music." Nyos stuck out a metal hand. He wore a button up top and slacks. What was left of his human side looked slightly pale from the amount of time spent inside his lab.

Max looked up from his labor when he felt the ground above shake and shudder he motioned for [member="Blane Nightfall"] to follow him and he went above ground, rifle in hand to see what was causing the commotion. He slung it when he saw [member="Nyos Val"] 's assistant directing large amounts of mining equipment about the sandy surface.

He met the man's outstretched metal hand with his own dirt covered one.

"Much appreciated. You can call me Max. I'm assuming you cleared this already? We're a bit suspicious about corporate folks around these parts." Max said with a bit of a double edged chuckle.

Blane took his weapon and went after Max, he seemed to have his instincts in a full alert while trying to find out what exactly was happening. However he thought the chance of an enemy attack to be low even if it would have been a smart move. As soon as he saw Nyvos, Bane let down his weapon and looked at him and max discussing in a patient manner.

"Eh, yeah. Max was it, I'm not really worried about clearence, I come as a third party affiliate. You have my crew at your disposal and my funds if need be. Let's just call me an investor. I'm invested in your groups interests. I will privately back you."

Kevin had all the gear set up and they began to work. Digging, chipping and laughing. Like they always did. Exept the droids of course.

[member="Maximilian Vinticus"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom