Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheeling and Dealing with the Vong [Dredge]

An unremarkable YTA-1300 light freighter popped out of hyperspace over Echidna, with a remarkable man behind the controls. Alen Na'Varro, the controlling interest behind Invictus Aeronautics, was here to sign a deal that would take the firm to the next level. Having looked through the Horde's fleet and finding it severely lacking, the bearded man sensed an opportunity to grow his business portfolio by a huge degree. And he knew how to get in contact with them. Their overall outlook on the galaxy, politically speaking, was an unknown variable and that worried Alen, but he knew he had to take risks. This was too good an opportunity to pass up. So he had contracted @[member="Supreme Overlord Dredge"] with an offer.

Sign a contract. Buy my ships. That was it. Sure, there'd be negotiations, and Na'Varro was hoping to get certain assurances from the Vong leader, but he was sure that they could come to an arrangement. Armed with starship schematics, he had made the journey with serious intent.

Coming into Echida's orbit now, Alen opened a line to the Horde's central command. From there, he hoped to meet with Dredge and iron this thing out.

"This is horde ground control, we've been expecting you. You are clear to pass" a gruff voice with a thick Yuuzhan Vong accent came over the communications channel. The frigate would find nothing would be shooting him down on this visit. Besides Dredge was a part time member of the fringe and be always picked up the phone when they called. So it only made sense to strike a deal with a members personal company. "Don't park your ship near the droid breakers, they will go mad and eat it." The voice said again before clamming out. When the frigate was to make its descent it would take in the sights of the deep forests of echidna. The planet was mostly covered in a thick jungle terrain and the roars of beasts could be heard throughout it. The capital city was a bit lack luster and buzzare. Every so often there were living buildings that housed Yuuzhan Vong families while other homes were standard modern building code that housed everything from humans to other various alien species.

The meeting would take place as all ones did for dredge in a empty clearing in the forest. On the ground two lawn chairs with a table in between were set up under the shade of an umbrella. On the table a pitcher of local fruit juice and two cups. He really wasn't one for formality in little things. "My lord he is on his way." A you g Yuuzhan Vong worker caste informed the overlord and moved on to continue his work. So dredge would sit back and sip his juice until the man arrived
@[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

"Noted." Na'Varro raised an eyebrow at the droid-breaker remark, but he did realise that Echidna would be a markedly different planet than what he was used to. This would be ... interesting, to say the least. The unremarkable freighter descended into the undergrowth and landed at the assigned landing pad. Na'Varro noted the surrounding tangle of jungle and approved. Jungles held all sorts of predators and beasts of the night ... any species who could survive the horrors of the jungle would grow strong and prosper. Alen expected the Vong that would pour forth from this planet to be an excellent demonstration of an apex species.

Eventually, the Dark Jedi Master found his way to the clearing, guided by another young Vong worker caste member. At first sight, Dredge was physically impressive. He was a specimen of the Vong, a true representation of their species. Na'Varro appreciated his strength. He approached the Horde leader, noting the juice and the two cups. It was an odd choice, but Alen did enjoy his juice now and again.

"@[member="Supreme Overlord Dredge"]," he said, using the Vong's full title. "I am Alen Na'Varro."

He smiled.

"Ah, juice. Outstanding."

"Yes, Juice." He said laying back and sighing in comfort in one of his chairs. "A local blend of fruits, it's quite lovely. Please, have a seat and we can discuss things. I'd rather like to make this quick." Being on his best manners Dredge in truth loathed humans, he saw them as lesser beings that needed to be eradicated from this galaxy. But being the leader that he was he could see the usefulness in them. "I hope you are enjoying my planet, we have quite the selections of beasts. My people, we have a thing for monsters and animals I hope it doesn't bother you." Waiting for the man to sit dredge continued with the small talk until the man sat down so they could begin business

Sitting back in his chair Dredge grabbed his glass and took a few sips of his fruity drink. It was quite good, he handled most of these meetings as such. Stuffy boring offices always upset him, why host a meeting in there when there was a whole world outside to see and feel. This was the logical thing to do, at least on his home planet where he was safe enough to do such acts. @[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

"Beasts have their uses." He said, eyeing Dredge casually. Yes, quite. Na'Varro sat down, laying his holoprojector down on the table and bringing up a display. "Let's get to business, then."

The Supreme Overlord wished to get things over and done with, so Na'Varro aimed to oblige him. He too wasn't exactly fond of talking business, but he understood its necessity. Invictus Aeronautics had to grow in order to get a larger piece of the pie, and that required a little bit of wheeling and dealing. Sitting back in his chair, the bearded man cleared his throat and prepared to speak plainly.

"The reason why I'm here is this ... I've noticed that you have a lot of ground forces, but not a whole lot of ships, both civilian and military. I mean, you have a few, but apart from your Azalus-class flak frigates and those Wanga-class cruisers, they're all essentially put together with duct tape and Duplo. No offence meant to your associates, of course." Alen smiled. "My company is currently a smaller operation, but our ships and designs are known for being of a higher quality. The Lords of the Fringe have purchased our cruisers and starfighters, for example. What I'm proposing is this. Review what we've already made available to the galactic market, see the quality for yourself, then sign off on a contract for us to start filling holes in your fleet. That is all."

@[member="Supreme Overlord Dredge"]

"None taken." Dredge said putting his feet up and sipping his juice, he was in a pretty good place right now. Usually it was burn the infidels and destroy the heretics with him but right now it was safe to say he was enjoying the jungle air. "So yes ships, we need them. Listen I'm sure we could go on for a few hours on how your ships are the greatest things in the galaxy. But I'm really feeling this moment right now, so just lay out the terms and conditions prices and I will sign. I've been good to the fringe and I trust you wouldn't steer me wrong." Taking another sip he sighed contently and awaited the response of the fellow fringer. He really wasn't looking to make this long and drawn out

@Allen Na'Varro

"I'd be a fool to screw you over.." Alen joked, chuckling. "You've got more ships and men than I do."

Taking a sip of juice, Na'Varro got down to brass tacks. His proposal was pretty simple, straightforward business. That was how Na'Varro rolled. He'd leave the fine print and double-crossing to the sneaky types ... all he wanted was to do things the old fashioned way. And if anyone took advantage of his good nature, he'd rip them apart and burn all of their holding in front of their eyes. That was Alen. Friendly, polite, even nice ... but very, very vengeful when wronged. Na'Varro knew that he had a reputation for being a good ally to have and a terrible enemy, and that suited him just fine.

"Here it is. You own the Silken Asteroids, but from what I can see you have a limited ability to take advantage of them. Our Akuze-class and Shen-Ru class ships will open up those resources for you until you can start producing your own Vong mining and transport ships. You'll buy them as you have use for them, and I'm sure you'll be needing more vessels as your operations grow. Our prices are more than reasonable, and diminish as you buy in greater bulk." Alen brought up his datapad to let Dredge run through the models at his leisure. "Phase two is this. My analysis indicates that your greatest need at the moment is a pocket carrier. Invictus Aeronautics will commence designing and building a Horde-exclusive pocket carrier when you sign the contract that will fill a huge hole in your fleet. If you're happy with that design and want more, we can talk then. What do you think?"

Taking the wretched data pad dredge cringed and held it as he flicked through the various things on the list, really it was all quite flattering but he didn't know the first thing about ships or technology. He was very traditional when it came to his beliefs but his need for ships and technology far outweighed his beliefs and the survival of his people were far more important. "These look wonderful but I trust you and I just need to sign and print. I will purchase these ships and sign a contract for your company. So let us please move on to that." Really his pride got to him on the buying of these wretched things. He didn't know the difference between the holonet and a stove. All he could do was trust the man that he wasn't screwing him

"Outstanding." Na'Varro printed out the contract and held a pen out for Dredge to use. He hoped the Supreme Overlord would prefer pen and paper to his "abomination" of a datapad, after all, he was trying to do business here. The controlling interest behind Invictus wanted to make the Horde leader feel as comfortable as possible.

"Just sign here and here, then I'll get straight to designing what you need. We'll deliver the mining vessels to Echidna, free of charge."

Taking the parchment and pen dredge was glad he didn't have to sign a lousy data pad, it was worse enough he had to deal with technology anyway. He hated it down to the last circuit and breaker. He once sat upon a ruined throne of techology back on Belgaroth. But now they seemed to rely upon its evil more and more each day. "You seem like a very smart man Mr.Na'Varro, and for that you have got yourself a deal." Signing away on the contract dredge smiled and handed it back to him. "Now, be sure to get me my ships please." He said in a polite tone before picking his glass up to drink his juice. "I trust you can see yourself off my planet or I can make accommodations for the night." Asking Na'Varro the question dredge sat back to let this deal be done with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom