Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your personality type?

So I've been doing a little internal tinkering around lately and introspection is a large part of my daily life and is part of my process in progressing to become a person of virtue and character. So, I began looking into the way I do things and why I exactly I do them the way I do (mouthful, huh?). I did a little research on introspection theories and some philosophical stuff that you good people don't care to hear me blabble about, but I found this.

It's a website called "16 Personalities," which is a site that offers a free test that I consider to be the most accurate in terms of determining what you're like as opposed to the other ones I've done before. While, like all theoretical things, the results vary from person to person as no human is exactly the same as the next. That being said, the results from this test are personalized and offer fairly basic, but well thought-out analysis into the types of personalities there are.

I'm not doing this at all to advertise some random website, but I'm wanting a meaningful conversation about characteristics of certain people and understanding them. I'm no wannabe psychologist, I just find it interesting to understand someone in such an in-depth manner.

As for myself, I'm an INFJ. As it says, it's a rare type of personality that makes up 1% of the tested population and I find the accompanying characteristics and analyses to be surprisingly accurate!

So, SWRP: Chaos, tell me about your character and see if you might discover something new about yourself in the process!

We'll play along.. I got INFP-T... The Mediator basically... So a fairly rare type, and I tend to agree with the assessment... This site is kinda cool, thanks for the heads up, i'll be willing to go a few rounds of philosophy with you tomorrow after work!

I've done this test three or four times (along with others of the same type) and never gotten the same result.
Perhaps I simply don't know myself very well.
Quite possibly that's the answer.

This time around I got INFP-T... it sounds like me for the most part.
Interesting.

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

Most definitely, man. That and Political Science are what I intend to study in college.

[member="Drapeam Nyx"]

Most people never truly understand themselves. Humans are such complicated and puzzling creatures that I'm surprised I even understand why I do some of the things I do.

[member="Book"]

Totes, mang. I see that in you.

[member="Drapeam Nyx"] - One thing to take into account with these tests is that your personality can change, radically, over time... So different results isn;t too surprising depending on the time frame.

[member="Pappy"] - When I was still in college, before becoming a tradesman and then an EMT, I majored in Education with a dual Minor in History and Philosophy. Sounds excellent!

[member="Book"] - Character separation? What's that?!

[member="Pappy"]
True that, man. Humans are weird. Complicated as well.
It's why I prefer dinosaurs.

[member="Ijaat Akun"]
I'd say the time frame has been about six months. More likely a partial cause could be my... ahem, 'conditions' (disorders being the most commonly used term) and the changes in my medication that have been made over the past year (some of which were for my migraines but affected other things as well). Or it could just be how my perception of myself has changed- or at least where it was at the time of test-taking.

[member="Drapeam Nyx"] - Those are entirely possible. I am medicated and therapuetically treated for Borderline Personality disorder, so if I don't take these tests perfectly calm and happy mood wise, I get really weird results. But it's been almost a decade of treatment now, so I usually tend to get the same results more and more.

I have taken many tests like this before and always find them interesting. I got ISFJ "The Defender"

The ISFJ personality type is quite unique, as many of their qualities defy the definition of their individual traits. Though possessing the Feeling (F) trait, ISFJs have excellent analytical abilities; though Introverted (I), they have well-developed people skills and robust social relationships.

We've had this thread at least once, but Fabula's changed since I answered it the first time. I'm not sure if I have or not, but whatevs.

Post-Netherworld Fabula: INFP (Edit: And Phlegmatic-Choleric)
Anna: INTP (Edit: And Phlegmatic-Melancholic)

I'll find the older thread and post what I came up with last time eventually. Distracted now.

EDIT: Pre-Netherworld Fabula was ISFP.

I have taken this test a few times, and I'm always an ISFJ. I don't feel like all of it is accurate, but there's a good portion in the personality profile that I can relate to.

I'm not a fan of the 16 Personalities. I find it needlessly complicated and far too narrow.

Try The Four Temperaments. It has its roots in ancient philosophy, with a much more intuitive system with just four parts. It's so much simpler that pretty much anyone can easily figure out exactly what they are in ten minutes or less.

For the record, I'm Choleric-Melancholic. ;)

INFJ, and since I saw [member="Ludolf Vaas"]'s post I'll see what it says I am there. (Then see what it says Adenn and some of my chars would be, for the lol's.)

Melancholic- Choleric was the results... Yay.

INFJ-T.

And I, on the other hand, don't like the four temperaments thing because it tells me nearly nothing about who I actually am.

EDIT: Took a four temperament test and the results were plain wrong, 'cuz I'm definitely not a sanguine. Getting put into four categories is too general for my taste, or to my personality. And even though I've tried different tests in my lifetime, they have barely matched my true personality while the sixteen personalities truly show who I am.

Pappy said:
So I've been doing a little internal tinkering around lately and introspection is a large part of my daily life and is part of my process in progressing to become a person of virtue and character. So, I began looking into the way I do things and why I exactly I do them the way I do (mouthful, huh?). I did a little research on introspection theories and some philosophical stuff that you good people don't care to hear me blabble about, but I found this.

It's a website called "16 Personalities," which is a site that offers a free test that I consider to be the most accurate in terms of determining what you're like as opposed to the other ones I've done before. While, like all theoretical things, the results vary from person to person as no human is exactly the same as the next. That being said, the results from this test are personalized and offer fairly basic, but well thought-out analysis into the types of personalities there are.

I'm not doing this at all to advertise some random website, but I'm wanting a meaningful conversation about characteristics of certain people and understanding them. I'm no wannabe psychologist, I just find it interesting to understand someone in such an in-depth manner.

As for myself, I'm an INFJ. As it says, it's a rare type of personality that makes up 1% of the tested population and I find the accompanying characteristics and analyses to be surprisingly accurate!

So, SWRP: Chaos, tell me about your character and see if you might discover something new about yourself in the process!
I've actually taken this during college! I can't remember what I scored so I'll take it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom