Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whatever you do... DON'T PRESS THE RED BUTTON!

It was a typical day in the underbelly of Nar Shaddaa; the sun might have been shinning, but no one could tell through the tall buildings and even taller clouds of smoke and smog. The streets were busy with patrons going about their business; some of the legitimate and not so legitimate nature. So long as they stayed out of Patches way, it was of little to no concern to him. A quick glance at his holo-watch showed he was a bit behind schedule - though this was not uncommon for the Information Broker.

Approaching the rear entrance of a local crime lords palace - Giradda the Hutt - he pulled out a small datapad, and began slicing the console, bypassing the consoles security and check points until he heard the hiss of the doors pressure locks releasing, and slowly - and quite loudly, much to his dismay - the door began to slowly open, granting access to Giradda's palace, where fame, fortune, and treasures awaited; so long as one escaped intact.

Pulling his wrist commlink up to his mouth, he whispered lightly "The Bantha's are on the prowl," into the commlink, awaiting for confirmation from the other end, as he slowly entered the palace.

// As are other far more deadlier beasts // came the chirped crackle through his commlink. // I got you covered for now, Captain. //

From a secure position, the Mandalorian bounty hunter kept watch over the Captain, her cybernetic eyepatch zooming in and out with a soft whirring motion, the visual tinted a cherry hue with data sigils streaming down and across her data screen.

// I don't like this one bit. We could go elsewhere. Doesn't have to be Giradda. // it was as much of a level of concern that he'd hear from Mertaal over open comm. Laying prone where she was, with the full length duster coat and her dark tanned wide brimmed hat perched low over the half braided plaits of ebony curls, she kept watch, an uneasy feeling coming to her.

// Still can back off. //

Tahira Solo

I've got my ticket for the long way round
"Really? The banthas are on the prowl?" The terse whisper left the corner of her mouth as the doors slid and creaked open, showering the break-ins with another layer of Tatooine sand-dust. Eyelids fluttered open and closed rapidly as the dust did nothing to help the agitation already felt by wearing the chocolate brown contacts. Something about being a fugitive and being semi-disguised blah, blah, blah.

The agitating contacts did not distract her from Patches' irritatingly annoying chosen set of code words. "I've got a bad feeling about this," she muttered, stating the obvious and really missing the familiar thump of her light saber hilt at her side.

Why she had agreed to go on this mission with J-Patch? It was simple, really. She needed a break from movie night and she was tired of breathing in all that recycled air.

"Well, guess it's up to you to make sure those deadlier beasts do not wander to far from their pens," he said to Skye, as he slowly entered the palace, only to receive more warnings from behind.
Then came the further all too familiar warnings from the do-gooder jedi from behind; the tone and pitch in her voice carrying a slight nagging tone with it. "Oh relax..." he quipped calmly, taking a few steps further into the palace, surveying the darkened hallways which appeared to be unoccupied for the time being.

He stopped in his tracks, turning to Tahira with a sly grin, "You can always go back to the Helm if you'd like; I heard the movie tonight is 'Twelve Angry Bothans'," he quipped smuggly back to the Jedi, as he turned his attention back to their surroundings.
"I have this completely under control," he said, to both women, their concerns noted; oh ye of little faith, he mused.

Jorga the Hutt

When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade
Jonathon Patches, the Kneecap King
Knows pretty much fething everything
He angers all, both great and small
All sorts of women plot his fall

They say he rules with wit and snark
And only bites when he can't bark
His undercover Jedi harem
Somehow manages to bear him

They say his ship is full of girls
The sort of girls that pull down worlds
All hail the Lord of Infochants!
Great women occupy his pants

-attributed to Connory, Bard of the Hyperlanes

// Jon, he had you shot last time // came Skye's rather aggravated response. Down her scope, the bounty hunter kept watch against a small Trandoshan and Gammorean patrol. There were several guards posted along the palace, far too many for Skye's taste. Bandits, thieves, slavers; the worst lot of scum an villainy.

// Squealers coming your way. Might turn around though // a pause then another grumble under her breath. // I don't like this. //

Tahira Solo

[SIZE=medium]I have this completely under control.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Muddy ellipses did a 360 beneath the podracing cap. “Why does that phrase make me doubt your competence even more?” Her retort was quiet enough that it would only reach the Captain’s ears. Fingertips brushed the beskar weapon at her side as gaze flitted to movement up ahead.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Face soured at her partner’s movie comment. He knew, like she did, going back to the Helm was NOT an option and not just ‘cause of a certain Zeltron. She had serious cabin fever and besides, someone had to watch the scoundrel’s back. Somebody had to save his skin. A small smirk passed over her lips just a second as she realized it took not one, but two women to babysit the man.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]He would never know.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“Shh. You walk like an angry Rodian. Care to tread a little bit lighter? Unless our goal is to alert everyone we’re here…to do…whatever it is we’re doing,” voice trailed off at the light quip.[/SIZE]

// Jon, he had you shot last time //

"Well yeah... he did a bit... but still, I am still here, aren't I? He could have shot to kill..." he muttered under his breath, not quite loud enough for Tahira to hear; no need to further aggravate the clearly tense Jedi. Then again, I imagine being tense comes naturally to the Jedi, he mused to himself.

He cast Tahira a sideways glance, as he quipped, "Ha, that's a laugh," pausing as he took a few steps to fixate on the movements up ahead, as he added softly, "we both know there ain't nothing I can do or say change your opinion about my level of competence, princess," he said with a smug grin, giving the pet name that he knew would draw the Jedi's ire.

His right hand raised in a fist as he paused to see if the patrol ahead would pass by the fork in the hallway, or if they would make a turn to greet their new guests.

The patrol that turned to meet good old Patches wasn't an actual grou patrol; it was a single man... armed and armored enough that he may as well have counted as a small squad. There's a pause as he stares the pair down, and the oversized red gauntlet tightened around his modified scattergun.

"Ya know, you're really bad at being quiet."

He didn't sound angry, in fact, he sounded far more amused than anything. "Which reminds me, I think I still owe you for your other kneecap."

"Maybe. Rather depends on whether or not you're the one I'm thinking of; droid factory. Automated defenses."

The armored figure had his scattergun held low, not pointed at Patches, but it was in a good position for him to raise it for quick shooting.

((Phone wont let me hyperlink, but here's his armor:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/2288-sarges-combat-armor/ ))

#Jonathon Patches @[member="Tahira Solo"] @[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

BLAST! Skye gave a savage curse under her breath, her cybernetic eyepatch going crazy whirling as the crimson ocular whirled to make appropriate estimates in trajectory. She took a deep breath, staring down the scope, the cross hairs hovering over Sarge's head. She had no clue if others would come. The solider didn't immediately shot or engage Patches and Tahira, so that saved him the immediate reaction of taking care of him then and there.

She didn't have to say anything. All she would need would be confirmation from Patches and she would pull the trigger. But one she did... all bets were off.

Tahira Solo

[SIZE=10pt]You’re really bad at being quiet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Head cocked to the side, ellipses narrowing on Patches as if to say ‘I told you so.’ Gaze panned to the soldier, sizing up the threat from weapon(s) to armor. Fingers tightened around the un-extended beskar staff at her side as she shot an unspoken question beneath the shadows of her podracing cap at Patches.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]You know him? Surprised it’s not a skirt.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Muddy ellipses sparked with mild amusement as she spoke up. She couldn’t help it. “We’re just looking for the restrooms.”[/SIZE]

Show time, he mused to himself, slinking his arm around the shoulder of Tahira affectionately.

"You know how it goes mate... just looking for the restrooms..." he said, casting the familiar warrior a wink, giving Tahira's shoulder an affectionate squeeze, and making sure as to not make any motions to give Skye the green light, as he added "or single room," he added, looking down at Tahira as he winked coyly.

Patches then proceeded to look down at his good knee, and back at Sarge, "Don't worry about it mate, no hard feelings... I wasn't much a fan of that knee anyways..." he said, then realized whom he was talking too, and figured he should elaborate, "I am quite fond of both of the ones I have now though..."

No need for any new ones...

"Mm, and I'm the Merry Queen of Go Kriff Yourself.", he retorts without amusement to Tahira. Still no indication he was about to shoot either of 'em. No alarms sounded, so who was to say why he was here.

"So uh, what ya doin?"

"...thwartin' mah plans?"

Tahira Solo

[SIZE=medium]Eye twitched slightly as Patches’ drew her in close, arm squeezing her in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]She was going to kill him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]It took every ounce of skill to keep her face straight, to keep her fist from slamming into Patches’ nose, and she realized, she had to thank Kassey for teaching her how to lie so effectively.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Oooooh, she could play this game too.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Hand snaked around, fingers running through Patches’ hair, messing it up completely in what was meant to be a sensual manner. She managed a smile at Sarge, turning into Patches, free hand climbing up the fabric of the information broker’s shirt. “Yeah. Restrooms. Isn’t that right, sweetums?” Fingers trailed up his shirt until cupping his chin, thumb and fingers squeezing his cheeks.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“Just look at that face,” she squeezed lightly, making his lips pooch outward, kind of like a fish. “Who wouldn’t want to share some restroom time with that?” She released his face. Other hand gave one last aggressive brush of his hair before lowering at her side.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Head leaned into Patches as her gaze traveled from her lovers eyes back to the assumed guard. “Your plans? Do you have restroom plans too?”[/SIZE]

Lord Ghoul

L
OOC: was asked to join. Sorry to drop a long one on you all, used this as both an excuse to tie up loose ends and get onto Nar Shaddaa.
Planet of Nar Shaddaa, Barca Estate
Despite being Sith, despite an invasion of the galaxy by droids, despite war, death, and life, Mikhail had managed to find her. Finally. After so long spent searching, he found records which showed the picture he searched so hard for. Alexis Katerina. Now, Alexis Barca. It pained him to know that she had married another. Hurt him more than words could say. But he knew that if he found her, they could be together again. It would be like she never left. Like his father never forced her out.

Mikhail stood outside the door to the Barca Estate, which was in reality just a tower owned by the family. The Barcas were one of the most prominent families in the Hutt cartel. Their trade empire stretched far and wide and their fleet of ships could blot out the twin suns of Tatooine. But Mikhail had not come here for them. He stared at the door to the apartment. Her apartment. He had spent so long searching... and it all led up to this knock on the door. He took a deep breath, trying to calm the nervous tension which raced through him. He stepped forward and rapped his knuckles against the door.

A few seconds passed, then the door slid open, revealing a striking woman with dazzling eyes and long, silky auburn hair. She glanced over him. Coldly. Mikhail felt his heart drop.

"Do you remember me, Alexis?"

"Yes," she said. "I remember.... come in."

He followed her in, his heart back in place and beating rapidly. Maybe she was just scared. Like he was. Yes, that had to be it. Or maybe her husband was jealous. She couldn't show emotion. It couldn't be hatred he saw in her eyes. Not her. Anyone but her.
The inside of the apartment was luxurious. Walls were painted with white and yellow hues. Light streamed through the windows, feeding large potted plants which stood in the corners of the room. Several white couches sat in the living room area. Exquisite art hung on the walls, scenes of tranquility. Mikhail's heels clicked against the white marble floor. This was a place of wealth.

Alexis gestured toward one of the couches, "Care to sit?"

"No, no, I'll stand," Mikhail said. His pale blue eyes were locked onto hers. He stepped closer. She smelled nothing like what he remembered. The scent of fresh strawberries had turned to a tempting smell, provoking baser desires. Mikhail almost trembled. He continued to watch her. She watched back, silent. "What happened to us, Alexis?"

"Your father."

Mikhail winced, then nodded. "Alexis... nothing I can say will erase what my father did-"

"-not it won't," she said flatly.

"-but I still want you to know how much it hurts me to know what he did to you and how sorry I am for the pain my family caused you."

"Is that all you came here for?"

"No, I-"

Alexis held up a hand. "Stop." Her voice was flat and emotionless, belying the look she gave him. It was full of so much contempt and hatred that Mikhail took an involuntary step backward. "My mother died, Mikhail. We were poor, we had nowhere to go. We starved." She took a deep breath, seeming to calm herself from attacking him. "I saw you on the news, you know. Republic Officer kills superior-"

"It was an accident!" Mikhail retorted. Old feelings from an unhealed wound surfaced. Fear, regret, pain.

"So you did kill him."

"Yes, but-"

"But what?" Alexis asked, her eyes hard. "You didn't 'mean' to kill him. It wasn't your 'fault'. Those were all the same excuses you used when we were children. You haven't grown up at all, have you?"

Mikhail stared at her, his face a mixture of helplessness and sorrow. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I can't change what happened, Alexis! I can't bring your mother back to life, I can't bring Kiaran back to life. I can't fix any of that. But I can tell you how sorry I am. Please, forgive me." He stepped in close to her, taking both of her hands in his. His eyes looked deep into hers, searchingly, pleadingly. "I need you to forgive me."
Alexis' eyes softened. "Mikhail..."

"Please."

"I can't," she turned away from him. "A few words won't bring my mother back."

"What can I do? I'll do anything, I swear."

She turned to him, eyes growing hard again. "You can kill your father. And then you can die. And then, you'll have my forgiveness."

Mikhail paled, his knees grew weak and his stomach dropped. "You don't mean that."

"I do."

"What about what we had? What about us? Doesn't that mean anything to you?"

Alexis shook her head. "We were kids, Mikhail. It was a mistake."

"Don't say that," Mikhail pleaded. "I still love you."

He took a step toward her, but she pushed him away. "I don't. I never did."

"No... no you said-"

"A mistake, Mikhail. I was wrong. I found true love when I met Hadr Barca. Mikhail... you should leave now."

Mikhail felt his heart drop. It fell far into darkness. It didn't come back. He felt as though someone had punched him in the gut. He couldn't breathe. She didn't mean it. How could she? Despair became an interminable weight that crushed down upon his soul. His world was spinning, spinning, falling. Unbearable heartache tore through Mikhail. Tears welled in his eyes, trickling silently down his face.

His voice was hoarse. "How could you say that?" He trembled. "Do you know how long I have searched for you? How hard it was to find you? Don't tell me you don't still care about me! Don't tell me that!"

"I don't," she said quietly.

Anger boiled, hot and quick. "You don't?!" Mikhail seethed with fury, his trembling became a quake. A dark whisper touched his mind. Feelings of rage and hate flooded him. He felt so. much. anger. The room itself began to tremble. The walls shivered. Darkness welled within him, feeding upon his rage. "I LOVED YOU!" he roared. Power exploded. The shockwave tore through the room. Windows shatter. Artwork flung off the walls. Plants shredded. His heartbroken anguish and rage filled the room.

Alexis screamed.

Mikhail stopped. Her eyes stared at him with horror. She looked so terrified. What am I doing? "i... I'm sorry." Mikhail turned to leave.

A tingling ran up his spine. Precognition. But... why? He whirled around to see a flash of black metal in Alexis' hands. Mikhail moved out of muscle memory and instinct, his emotions too numb and overwhelmed to comprehend what was happening. Snap-hiss. The acrid reek of burning flesh stung his nostrils. Mikhail looked in shock at what he had done. His thrown lightsaber stuck out from Alexis' chest. Her gun clattered to the floor. Her eyes stood wide, full of their last emotions of hatred and horror. Then they glazed over. She fell. Mikhail jumped forward and caught her. He fell to his knees with her in his arms.

"No, no, no, no, NO!" Mikhail removed the saber. "You can't be dead. Please, no." Dead eyes stared up at him. Mikhail sobbed. Tears ran freely. "No, no, I can save you," he reached out into the Force and began to draw the dark side into him. More than he had ever done before. All his grief and anger whirled in the tide of energy. He channeled it into her body. Mikhail screamed as the tide of dark side power roared through him, burning his nerves and scorching his soul. Yet, for all his anguish and despair, for all his strength.... she was still dead. He rocked back and forth, holding her in his arms.

"What is- Dear stars, what have you DONE?!"

Mikhail's bloodshot eyes looked up to see Hasd Barca. And he found a channel for his rage. Shorn raised a hand in a claw-like gesture. Barca floated into the air. His eyes bulged and he scrabbled uselessly at his neck with panicked fingers as Mikhail choked the life out of him.

"Do you know what is like to have everything ripped away from you? I will show you."

He slammed Barca against the wall, pushing him up until his feet dangled half a meter above the floor. The curtain rods above the windows snapped abruptly. The jagged metal hovered above Mikhail's head. He gestured. The twin shafts speared Barca in both shoulders, pinning him to the wall. Barca screamed. Mikhail ignored him, eyes fixed on the two teenagers standing in frozen shock at the doorway. They ran, but not fast enough. Mikhail's force pull ripped them off their feet. They were dragged by an unseen force until they lay at Mikhail's feet.

"Are these yours? What lovely kids."

"Yes, yes, please, don't hurt them! I can give you anything you want, money, power, fame. Anything!" Barca pleaded.

Mikhail's eyes were as cold as Hoth. "You took away everything I wanted."

"Don't! Kill me instead!" Barca struggled futilely against the metal rods sticking jutting form his shoulders. Blood painted the wall behind him crimson. A small puddle was growing at his feet. Drip. Drip. Drip.

"Oh, I will." A smile twisted across Mikhail's face. He activated his lightsaber and began to hack the teenagers to pieces. Barca wailed in utter helplessness as he watched his children die, savagely dismembered by a violet blade. Mikhail rose from his work. Smoke curled up from the bodies. The open slashes glowed with small flecks of burning red amidst the char. Mikhail deactivated his blade and stepped close to Barca. The man's face was a sight of despair,t he same despair that had moments before been upon Mikhail's own. "What's the matter, Barca? You look pale. Have you been getting enough sun?"

Barca spat at him. "I will end you, you monster."

"Booooring. Don't dying heroes have anything clever to say these days?" Shorn removed a dagger from beneath the inside of his leather jacket. The downward curving blade gleamed wickedly. "Does it burn you to know how much I've taken from you, deep down, in your innermost being, in your... gut?" Mikhail's pale eyes searched the man with malevolent mischievousness. "No? Well-" Mikhail whipped the knife across Barca's stomach. Blood sprayed across Mikhail's face and hands. The rent flesh of Barca's stomach hung open. A jumble of intestines was on the verge of spilling out. Barca howled. Mikhail glanced down at his knife. Devaronian blood poison. One cut could release such agonizing pain that... it could stop the heart. Shorn smiled savagely at Barca, blue eyes holding nothing but venom. "Oops."

"Here, let me fix that. I know just the way to mend a broken heart." Mikhail buried his blade into the man's torso at the ribcage and began to saw, heedless of the spraying blood that now matted his hair and made his hands slick. He stopped sawing and reached a hand under the ribs, pulling. He tore the heart free, ripping the arteries holding in place in an obscene fountain of scarlet. The heart still beat in his hand, spurting small jets of blood. He held it up to Barca, who retained a spark of life. The man stared, unexpressable horror on his face. "Are you hungry?" Mikhail asked. "No man should die hungry." He wedged Barca's mouth open and crammed the heart in. "Eat up." Barca died before Mikhail finished, but he no longer cared. He had shut out his empathy, his care. It was far too painful. The darkness consumed him in blissful apathy.

Mikhail wandered out of the apartment, leaving the once white interior a wreckage of blood and death. His hair was matted to his face with blood. It covered his hands, his face, and soaked the front of his jacket. Mikhail didn't care. He didn't really care about anything anymore. He wandered to the nearest local bar. Authorities quickly found him and dragged them to the Hutt's palace. Mikhail killed all three of them after letting them transport him to the palace. He wandered the halls, an unholy apparition of madness. And that was when he bumped into Patches, Skye, Tahira, and Sarge.

He heard something about restrooms. "Faaantastic. Restrooms, I need one. Where are they?" He smiled a bloodsmeared smile.

@[member="Tahira Solo"] @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] @[member="Mikhail Shorn"] @[member="Jonathon Patches"]

With the new addition, Skye was not happy. That's two sets of eyes she'd have to take care of. However, Patches had not given her any kind of signal yet. If she took down Sarge, that left time for the new stranger to attack.

This is why we don't deal with Hutts! She thought to herself, setting her jaw tight. Oh he'd be hearing an earful from her and -- her eyes slightly narrowed at the sudden touchy feely Patches and Tahira.

Oh this was going to be good....

@[member="Skye Mertaal"] , @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] , @[member="Tahira Solo"] , @[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Easy on the hair there princess, he mused to himself, casting Tahira an affectionate glance; though she would no doubt pick up on the warning contained within it. Fine... let's play. His hand drifted south of it's tight, loving squeeze of her shoulder, until it drifted south, where he gave her a nice, firm smack on the bottom.

"And look at that ass," he said as he smacked it, casting Tahira a wide grin, "A man could do many things with it," he added, laying it on a bit thick perhaps, as he turned his attention away from Tahira's behind, and back at Sarge, as he let out a chuckle.

"And no, I am not here to thrawt your plans... I learned last time what happens when you suspect someone of ruining them, and I ain't to keen on getting a new lesson today," he added, raising both his hands in mock surrender. "What do you say we part ways here, and pretend we never saw each..." he paused for a moment, as another figure approached.

Despite Sarge's menacing armour, and the fact he was wielding a shotgun that wasn't placed in it's holster, he somehow found the new figure more of a threat. It could have been the way he walked, or his 'a bit too happy to meet the three of them' in a dark hallway demeanor, but something was off about their latest guest. Most likely, it was the copious amounts of blood that littered his clothes, and his face that put Patches at a bit unease.

"I'm not sure," he said rather non chalantly, ignoring the blood that seemed to drip from him and splatter at his feet. "We were just asking this fine gentleman here where they were," he added, nodding at Sarge, pausing for a moment as he recognized pretty eyes, he looked back at Tahira, knowing she would no doubt recognize him too.

"Thought I think you might need it more than us," he quipped, his eyes scanning Tahira for if there should be some concern. Just what have you gotten us into princess? he thought to himself.

@[member="Skye Mertaal"] @[member="Jonathon Patches"] @[member="Tahira Solo"] @[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Sarge would, normally, have agreed with Patches on enjoying a nice ass; however, he'd never really cared for Jennifer Garner. "Why the kriff does everyone think I know where the bloody gorram bathrooms are - no pun intended." When the new guy approached, the shotgun came right up, one handed, to point at him.

Anyone bloody and smiling wasn't going to be doing him any favors; he'd seen too many horror movies to know what was gonna happen here. The good news was, Sarge wasn't black, so he wasn't going to die first. Thank the Maker for horror movie stereotypes.

"Go find a guard; I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction. Just uh, don't tell 'em you saw us and we won't act like you just came from murdering someone."

Lord Ghoul

L
"Pointing is rude." Mikhail eyed the shotgun with a tight smile. He pointed a finger at it and pushed down with his mind. The weapon moved toward the ground. Mikhail didn't like it when people pointed weapons at him. For some reason it set him on edge. I wonder why?

Pale blue eyes looked up to regard the man with the shotgun. "Murder? Oh come on. Maybe I'm a midwife... midhusband?" He frowned and glanced briefly up at the sky in thought. He shrugged. "Or maybe my girlfriend's been having a really bad week."

He turned to the man and woman who stood close together. There was something... familiar about them. "Hey, kinky duet, where have I seen you before?" His stare fell upon Patches. He had a vague remembrance of something to do with alcohol. "Did I ever take your woman on a... group bathroom excursion?" His smile was wicked.

Despite being the odd-man-out in the situation, Mikhail felt nothing. He had exactly zero qualms with talking to four strangers, while covered in someone's - multiple someones - blood. Not caring was such a relief. People worried too much. Apathy was bliss.

Jorga the Hutt

When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade
Hates his life, does Mikhail Shorn
Wishes he had ne'er been born
Provoker of the ladies' wrath
A bitter, snarky psychopath
-in 'Connory: Sage of the Space Lanes - The Definitive Collection,' A.E. Sorose and G.Q.Beorht, eds., University of Rudrig Press, 955 ABY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom