Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Money And Alchemy Can Get you. (Dev-Thread)

@[member="Valik"],
I won't bore you on ceremony, our former mission, or even call a favor. This is simply a request for your presence on Annaj for a business deal. I recently acquired a few things of note, and one in particular requires a man with your skills. The coordinates for my landing site have been sent, and I'd prefer if you come alone.
Jacen

All of the artifacts he had won had been collected, and closely examined upon retrieving them after receiving the coordinates. Inside each container he had left a code that would need the cipher to crack, and that had to be procured by contacting him to receive any payments for the relics he now possessed. With his fail safes in place, he had inspected his winnings. The Mirari bodyguard droid that followed him under his different alias had taken the bag of holocrons and the mask back to Coruscant for safe keeping in his vault. While the most intriguing of the items that he could use at this moment was en route to storage, he couldn't help but marvel at the things he now had.

Dressed in some simple grey robes he wore the new gauntlet he had won that had been made by Darth Moridin himself. The alchemized creation wasn't lightsaber resistant, but it did pack quite the punch. Not only could fire the random charged blast without exhausting his reserves, he had a building block for the rest of the armor he sought before going back to the Empire and taking what he desired most: the throne. His single lightsaber sat clipped to his belt, and he stood outside the Sion taking a view of the planet awaiting Valik.

Jacen wanted to discuss what he had seen on Elco Kresh's wrist, the military strategy would do for those nights he didn't have a meeting.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik, being a sucker for a challenge, really couldn't deny a request for something that required 'someone of his skills'. It would be likely be the death of him one day, perhaps even today, but his curiosity in the ways and ruling of the laws of the Galaxy and how to best bend and break them were not something that could be satiated. Thus he came, looking to find Jacen, a man he once dreamed started a civil war in the Sith, but then again that was only a dream. He had only dealt with the man minimally, but he knew Cavill to be a stron Sith and a competent one, hopefully one that could back his words.

He assumed the 'things of note' were things that he had been paid for, as the auction of several of the Sith and Jedi Archive's holocrons and artifacts, as those were the most likely things to be floating around. Interesting that he'd likely be paid twice for the same object but hey, he was a Sith. Trickery and deceit should be expected of him. As he arrived at the landing site specified to him at Annaj he spotted the presence of a large and built man, adorned in simple gray robes, but Valik could feel more than that. He could feel the Sith Lord's power, and that he had something with him, something created of Alchemy. As Valik grew more and more in the Force and as an alchemist he was beginning to be able to sense such things, such unnatural distortions.

"I see you have acquired quite an interesting gauntlet." He said as he approached the Sith Lord. "But I trust that isn't all you've brought me here to see."

@Jacen Cavill

@[member="Valik"]

Jacen knew the man, and not much had to be noted about the Alchemist. People feared Cavill for being a barbarian, for killing without mercy. What they didn't realize was that Jacen sought power, that was his challenge. How to take down the strongest, and play the game that he was best suited for. Valik played something much more dangerous, and what his works could do were far more reaching that Jacen's would ever be. Sure, as Cade, he could pay for a great many things. As Darth Kryptus, he could take down those who defied him with his raw power and his sword. Valik could do things few understood, he could turn the mundane into the dangerous. A simple sword in his hands could become lightsaber resistant. A holocron could become a tool to greater treasure, or he could turn something into a superweapon.

Simply put, Jacen knew who was the real mastermind here. He just hoped he had something to offer him besides the holocron.

"The gauntlet is nice, it's more about the excess in what I can acquire these days. I procured a few more items, some reading for the dreary hours of the night. There is one thing I have, that I'm not quite yet ready to unleash, but this holcron right here." He pulled the device out, and allowed the gate keeper to activate. Standing before them was Elcho Kressh, and that rather curious device on his right hand. It had fascinated Jacen, and further reading had shown that this was somethign rare indeed. "Good Valik, you see that gauntlet he's wearing. I want one." He extended the holocron towards the fellow Sith for him to take or examine.

"Name your price."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
As Valik got a better look at the gauntlet his lips curled to a smile, and his suspicions began to rise. As he continued on and unveiled a familiar holocron and then once it was activated he was shown the sight of Elcho Kressh, son of the great Ludo Kressh, his image wearing the sight of a rather interesting gauntlet. A gauntlet which at this point was the object of the Sith Lord's desires.

"I want you to take a part of your factories on the worlds Mandalore and Fondor, and lease them to this company, allowing them to do whatever they wish." He said, after writing a name on a piece of flimsi and handing it to the Sith Lord, not wasting time. He knew that Jacen Cavill and Cade Lee were one in the same, as the man who'd purchased the Holocron of Elcho Kressh had put in an entire line of Blas-tech Products and ammunition as an additional prize. That likely meant Cavill also held the Mask of Darth Nihilus, as that product was purchased with a large share of one of Blas-Tech's subsidiaries. Cavill seemed more intelligent than Valik had first given him credit, being more than a simple brute. Still, he had left a nice paper trail for Valik to follow.

"Is that acceptable?"

@Jacen Cavill

@[member="Valik"]

Jacen took the slip, all the while he could only do so much to keep his jaw from dropping. Knowing that Valik had been a part of the auction business, had known exactly what it was that he had purchased,and just who he was was mind-blowing. Why wasn't I included in the actual procurement of the Jedi items? He thought to himself, knowing full well the scale of destruction he could have brought to the Jedi Temple. Simply being there for Velok's theft made him a simple accomplice, but he had known to not involve himself too heavily. After the Osarian/Rhommamool debacle he had been force to go underground by faking his death at the hand's of a simple fire shaper. It had been insulting, to fake that someone so much further below him in every way had defeated him. It was a necessary evil, but back to the matter at hand.

"It's good to see that in a galaxy full of trillions of idiots, one of you could see past a suit and glasses." Jacen pocketed the flimsi, without so much another look at it. "I'm not going to ask you what you're up to, you know I'll find a way to spy. Just like I know you'll find a way to work around whatever measures I set up, and we will continue that little dance." His face turned to stone, and his eyes threatened to turn yellow as a bit of energy began to build. Not in any attempt to threaten, no he wasn't that foolish. It was just a defensive reaction to any attempt to undo all of his hardwork. "Just don't do anything that will undo my company, or be tied back to any of my names." The gatekeeper kept spinning, and Cavill redirected back to the topic he was most interested in.

"About this gauntlet, what can I get for playing landlord? Not to mention whatever else you received in your share from the auction."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik looked up at the man and spoke to him flatly. "Protection. I've got a number of different projects on the way that will leave many heads reeling throughout the galaxy. You do this and I assure you, unless something in our arrangement changes, I will leave Blas-Tech and yourself by extension out of it." He said, before thinking a moment. "Actually, I might exert a little damage here and there, if only so your allegiances won't be suspected, but care will be taken to make sure damage is minimized and losses are inconsequential compared to the complete economy of the company." He said, admittedly looking out for the Sith Lord. Couldn't have Cade Lee looking like he was associating with a man like Valik could he?

"Now, I'll assume you have components to create the gauntlet with? If so we can begin now, get things underway and get you your gauntlet." And me a spare. He thought to himself, ready to create whatever power Exal Kressh could manage to describe to him.

@[member="Jacen Cavill"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom