Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite combat weapon?

What is your favorite physical weapon type to use during combat?

• Total voters

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Marketplace is awesome and I'll like to get a bigger picture of small arms weapon preferences amongst the community. This is very board and dirty poll, so feel free to add a comment and expound upon your weapon(s) of choice.

The poll assumes that you are only voting once for your singular-most preferred item. Not combos, dual wields, or synergy builds.

Lira Dajenn

L
The Lightsaber. I love the idea of a weightless sword that can cut through almost anything. This is why 90% of my Force Using Characters are blademasters.

Evasion Studios
Of all the advancements of the military, and the like -- I have found that bar-none, the best and most effective weapon in all of war is communication. Be it Radio, Sat-phone, Morse Code. Whatever it is, communication is inherently vital.

Dorano1

The little girl with Force powers
Blasters. Blasters win. Specifically pistols and sniper rifles.

Blasters are a close second with various types of blades (knives, swords, lightsabers) coming in at third.

Depends on the sitch, ya know?
Sniper for long-range, lightly armored opponents. Up close and personal? Start with a sword, try to disarm them. Once their weapon is gone (if you manage that), get real close, pull out the fists. They can't use your fists against you (unlike a knife, which can be wrestled from your grasp and used against you).
Fists are good for quick strikes to the stomach, jaw, and throat. Feet are used for strikes to the groin (regardless of species or gender, is gonna hurt if done right). Put if you're REALLY close, one to two fingers into a pressure point is all it takes for an unarmored opponent.

Now, if they're heavily armored, you're gonna want to break that armor done. Slug-throwers plus a lightsaber will come in handy. If you can, use an EMP on them. Should fry any shields, HUD systems, and all that good stuff. If they're wearing an exo-skeleton it could leave them as a sitting duck.

My personal favorite, both IC and OOC, is the good 'ol fists.
But fighting 'dirty' with the environment helps as well. There have been several occasions where a handful of dirt or a broken branch have kept me from getting bruised up.

THE MORE YOU KNOW~~~

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Rail guns. You really can't defend against them unless you have some super (probably factory forbidden) shield. That being said, they're not the most portable weapons around.

I'd go with slug throwers second. Jedi can't stand up to a scattergun.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I love Sith Swords and other Force-based weapons. Good ol' fashioned blades. They require actual skill to use effectively, and make PVP more interesting without their "I cut through your everything, magically shoot you with your own blaster and move like Bruce Lee on crack" logicz. :)

Almost every "main character" I've had (Anna Sachae, Razelle Breuner, Fabula Cavataio) has had a distinct preference for hand-to-hand. Fabula punches crap with no training, while Anna used Echani and Raz is an MMA fighter with K'thri, K'tara, and Teräs Käsi.

Plus, "ma fists n' swagger" sounds friggin' awesome.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I think I'm definitely noticing an untapped market here for the Marketplace. Lightsabers, Fisticuffs, and Swagger. Mmm. Profit. :D :p

The Eternal Queen
My favorite weapon? Why, my charming personality and brilliantly good looks!

...Oh. You mean for combat. Err... I like to just punch people with my charming and beautiful fist. Does that count as a weapon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom