Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is: Common Sense?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
What is: Common Sense?

In all my years on the internet, never has any term been more abused in ignorance than the words: Please use common sense. No other phrase can mean so much and yet be understood so little. Thusly, I challenge all readers herewith to take a moment to answer the question for themselves. What is: Common Sense?

I cannot answer this question for you. However, below are a few breadcrumbs to kick start your journey into this modern mystery of science.

Excerpts from Wikipedia:

• "Common sense is a basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge things which is shared by ("common to") nearly all people, ...It is a philosophical discussion."
  • "...In modern times the term "common sense" has frequently been used for rhetorical effect, sometimes pejorative, and sometimes appealed to positively, as an authority. It can be negatively equated to vulgar prejudice and superstition, or on the contrary it is often positively contrasted to them as a standard for good taste and as the source of the most basic axioms needed for science and logic.["
  • "...It may be nothing more than the aesthetic taste of a greater community. A postmodern condition."

Escerpts from JSC:

• "...I think when he says, use common sense? He means, Google."
  • "...Once upon a time, common sense held that the world was flat. I think we've grown up a little since then."
  • "...It's generational. Cultural. I say Beiber, he says 'what?'. I say Britney, he says 'F***ing American'. ...We understand each other now."

Explore, evolve, enjoy. Imagine greater. :D

- JSC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom