Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Have you Done, Just to Impress Someone?

Basically this is a thread that talks about things you, or someone you know, has done, just to impress someone.
For example, someone might cut or dye their hair.

I'm thinking of a bit more...

Like how I may or may not have started to learn latin just to get a girl to like me.
*cough cough*

What about you?

Bartholomew Tedesky

B
I tried learning Chinese when I went to a high school I was in for half a week... let's say they said I was struggling just cause I wasn't used to the place, let alone the Chinese class. Though it wasn't to impress anyone but myself xD

Y'know those chocolate oranges? The ones that are so thick that they feel like a baseball if you hold them, or (more likely) throw them at someone? Normally you whack them against something solid to break them into slices. Marble counter, side of the couch, heavy oak table, whatever. My mom, at one point, alluded to the idea that maybe, just maybe, you could do the same with your head. Skull's thick, after all.

Our housemate at the time had one of his sisters over, and she was really attractive. After spending a whole day with her, I wanted nothing more than to make her giggle. Sooooo...

I learned a whole lot about concussions that night. And the flaws of self-diagnosis.

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
I bottomed out after hitting a big jump in my '89 Oldsmobile. Tore up my oil pan, which (undiagnosed) led to an oil leak, which resulted in my engine siezing up when I was halfway home from Vermont on a weekend trip two weeks later. I powered through the grinding to get home to Philadelphia.

Final damage was that the engine block cracked or whatever, and I wound up selling the car for scrap.

All of this to impress the guy riding shotgun.

Fabula Cavataio said:
Y'know those chocolate oranges?
I love those things ^-^ Concussions not so much though x.x

Hmm...the latest was when I rode my motorcycle harder than I should have for what I did. I was in the drive through and being that it was after midnight, I had to wait for my food to get done. Behind me was a car with an extremely attractive red-head. I kept looking back and forth from her and the window. She only looked up maybe once or twice from her phone because of how long we were having to wait. I got my food, put it in my saddle bags, and felt like she was looking at me. Or maybe it was just the pressure of "You got your food, now move!" sorta thing. Either way, got on my bike, revved the engine and proceeded to make a turn around the building at about ten miles over than what was probably safe.

I knew I wasn't going to get anything out of it, but hey, people do stupid sh*t :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Impersonations usually. I've successfully faked being a couple dozen professions using only a fast suit and even faster talking. :D

Stop hurting yourselves guys :p
All I did was learn phrases from another (quite old) language.
And maybe one time stand up to a guy twice as strong as me... But hey, I didn't get my ass kicked (yay for pressure points and kicks where the sun don't shine), so it all worked out. Except for the impressing part.
She kind of just took it as me being a good friend.

I got new glasses, went on a diet, and started working out cause I hated how I looked. You could probably say I was trying to impress girls in general. As for a specific person, nothing besides the general trying to do better in a game or the like than someone else.

Started playing sports, working out, and doing all that stuff to impress a girl who not only friendzoned me, but then kept dating assholes. But thankfully I enjoy sports and all that, so I got something out of it. Oh, and a I got my lipped cut to the point where it was hanging because I wanted to prove I could keep up with my much more athletic amigo.

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
I think 'Friendzone' has gotten some pretty negative connotations despite Friends in general being awesome.

I prefer to think of it as 'Cheeseburger Overtime', because that combination of words makes me smile every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom